Ulduar nerfs would be welcome with ToC

This assumes they consider ToGC an actual raid tier. I know I don’t.

1 Like

There’s no long-term outlook for classic beyond the end of this year. I honestly don’t find raiding fun knowing that even if I were to get Shadowmourne, it’ll be sitting on a dead account while 20% of the playerbase goes on to Cataclysm.

The set gear is another tier for ToC.

I’m not sure we need it nerfed? They will have vendors for HM gear and new raids that offer even better gear? That gear is a nerf to older content…

3 Likes

So 80% would stay on Wrath servers (assuming that’s an option)? Sounds good to me!

They said no in the interview. Check it out.

Good, they need to leave the AotC chieves in too. This whole tier feels like it’s supposed to be coupled, no replaced, with ToGC.

If anything, I’m surprised they’re not lowering the ToGC gear’s iLevel to match Ulduar. Which

Ugh

I’d be okay with.

/ducks

They might, who knows. Regardless what they do, ahead of the curve or cutting edge is a joke because of 10m.

They’re not nerfing ulduar?

Holy crap the incompetence of this developer team is unreal. it’s like they’re actively doing every cheeky thing they could possibly due to harm the classic experience hoping it’ll die one day and they can stop working on it and focus on retail

just wow

1 Like

Sounds like a bad guild.

You guys gonna have a 45 minute raid day kekw?

Edit: Nvm youre prolly lying and cant clear any hard modes.

Been full clearing since late Feb. Go touch grass, forum troll.

1 Like

On one hand I understand the sentiment. Not wanting to pull the rug out from under guilds who are still progressing. But those guilds have had 6 months to finish Ulduar by the time ToGC comes out. CMs should not be making decision based on that.

1 Like

And your guild wont go back for full phase bis to clear Ulduar in 90 minutes and instead only do Heroic TOGC for 40 minutes?

Something isnt adding up.

So your guild starting next phase only wants t oraid for 40 minutes a week?

Somethign isnt adding up.

1 Like

Our Ulduar runs are not 90 minutes. We full clear in about 2 1/2 hours as we are a bit more casual.

As it stands leadership is saying they want a break from Ulduar once ToGC launches pending an easier version of Ulduar is released. We are not the best guild, but we get stuff cleared in a day. The roster turnover this phase is the primary culprit I think.

I think they will add a shortcut, but TOGC is too short for a raid day to be the only raid.

Its also incredibly easy, even on heroic.

1 Like

The guilds “still progressing” on ulduar has to be incredibly small. Guilds are dying fast due to burnout. My guild called it quits this week after raiding consistently since classic launch. A buddies hardcore guild also called it quit, and they were omega hardcore.

The amount of guilds quitting due to the unreasonable difficulty of raid on farm has to be well above the amount of guilds still “progressing” 5 months in.

This phase has had insane burnout between terrible loot drop rates (one item per hard mode) and a raid difficult enough that doesn’t actually become easier week over week thanks to its inherit difficulty. I don’t know about you but I don’t like giving ulduar 110% attention for 3 hours and wiping if someone falls asleep. It’s just too deep into the phase for that. We should be smashing the raid in well under 2 hours by this point. Raiders dropping like flies to burnout is real

4 Likes

100% in agreeance here. We are not the only ones either. Like you said there are a ton of guilds facing burnout and unless Ulduar is nerfed they have absolutely no intentions of returning once ToGC is launched.

Only raiding with my guild for 45 minutes a week is going to be depressing. And no, I do not want to find another guild. I think the fact that a lot of these more casual guilds are hitting burnout is completely reasonable. Time for nerfs to Ulduar!

Nerfing it doesnt fix anything.

It just makes it boring target dummies.

Why doesnt your guild work on speed?

1 Like

Only Blizzard has the data for it and it seems like it is not that low.

That always happens at the end of a phase. People said it around christmas for naxx, people said it before the end of tbc… Endless cycle. The ones that are not leaving are not really talking about it. However, the ones that are leaving tend to be very vocal about it. They tell everyone about it and make 3-5 threads in the forums how much they hate Blizzard.

The first mistake was to go hardcore on Wrath. It is well known to be very easy and causing burnouts.

Good thing we have a new phase in the horizon, and its even easier!

That actually is a problem and as I said in a post before, that should be addressed.

It does. Even more so with ToC gear.

You don’t have to do it in a few weeks. It’s fine.

So what exactly do you think a nerf will do?
Let’s say they do nerf Ulduar. By a lot. It’s a big raid so there has to be a massive nerf to everything so that everyone in the game that is having one arm can clear in less than 1h. We are talking about 50% to everything and removing some trash.

For the people leaving because of burnout: Why would they come back after nerf? A raid nerf is not helping a mental breakdown. They need a break.
For the people that are staying: Why would you even log in if its only for 1h logging. At that point I can also just play some phone game like diablo immortal or enjoy my life watching anime. WoW is about epic moments, achievements and overcome bosses - not to walk in and do /kill.
ToC will already be depressing enough because its a faceroll loot pinata raid. On many private servers ToC is the raid where people leave because it’s way too boring.

1 Like

Regular Ulduar is so darned easy i dont know why people need it nerfed. Im new to WoW i just jumped in in TBC classic right before the release of SSC /TK. This game is not hard in anyway shape or form on normal mode. i dont get the wanting a nerf on something so easy. People literally just want a boss that you can interact with and has the gear like they do on test server. lol

2 Likes