Ulduar nerfs would be welcome with ToC

Just watched the interview with the Community Council and I must say that not nerfing Ulduar with the launch of ToC would be a mistake and would retroactively do what they wanted to prevent with the ilvl buffs. The difficulty of Ulduar was great while it was the most current content; though, after 5+ months of Ulduar it is safe to say that the playerbase is a little tired of the place.

If Ulduar is not nerfed I know for a fact a lot of guilds are planning to not run it after ToC launches because of burnout. Will people still run Ulduar? Absolutely. ToGC is extremely short; however, there wil indeed be quite a few guilds who opt out of running Ulduar. Meaning you’ll have tons of people only logging in once a week for a 45 minute raid.

Please consider nerfing Ulduar.

23 Likes

For sure nerfs would be welcome.

My raid team is going to abandon Ulduar after we finish our current Valanyr’s because it’s not worth the time anymore, a few people need a few specific items and we are just going to send them into gdkps to buy the things they need with guild funds.

6 Likes

Yup, same with my guild. Leadership has explicitly said that unless Ulduar nerfs happen they will not be running Ulduar in Phase 3. Meaning everyone who needs Flare, Comet’s Trail, and rings off Reply Code Alpha are sol. Fact is is leadership is simply burnt out and the coordination that Ulduar requires isn’tworth it when ToGC is so much easier.

5 Likes

You have to see the full picture.
In this iteration of Wrath they want Ulduar to be the actual important raid, not ToC. They buffed gear from Ulduar just because of that reason. They want ToC to be more like ZG instead of a full Tier.

In that case it makes sense that they don’t want to nerf Ulduar. Personally I don’t see why they would have to nerf it. ToC is coming with plenty of gear upgrades, especially for those that haven’t cleared Ulduar in Hard mode yet which means it will get “nerfed” by gear anyways.

The only real issue I have with the interview is that they haven’t decided to add a skip to Ulduar and buff 25m HM loot (eg 2x per boss). This is annoying.

5 Likes

It was already nerfed with 252 gear and we can see how that’s going.

#nerfulduar

2 Likes

They also buffed the raid for the increased ilvl.
Considering you leave Ulduar full bis 242ish and Toc full bis 250+ there is plenty of gear yet to come. Is it enough so Ulduar is a faceroll? idk I’m not doing that math

I understand that they want Ulduar to stay relevant. But if people do not run Ulduar because of a lack of nerfs (honestly, a lot of the HMs are more difficult than most of ToGC) then the ilvl buffs are rendered pointless as some guilds are opting out of doing it anyways.

I know that a lot of guilds, possibly even the majority of guilds, will still be running Ulduar in Phase 3; however, I also know a ton of guilds who have stated that they cba once ToC is out. I think nerfing Ulduar would incentivize those guilds to continue to run during Phase 3.

3 Likes

You can’t leave full BIS if you can’t clear it. :rofl:

It’s a skill issue, sure, but there’s no reason not to nerf it when the Cutting Edge achievement exists.

4 Likes

I agree that a lot of guilds will bail out doing Ulduar but honestly even after a hard nerf to Ulduar they would. Ulduar is a very big raid. Why would you bother doing Ulduar when you can get full bis by doing a 30min raid?

1 Like

Because it’s fun on Normal.

Games should be fun. Ulduar is incredibly fun in 10M, hard modes are even more fun in 10M.

Absolute nightmare for your casual 25M.

1 Like

Because there is still quite a few Phase 3 BIS in Ulduar. Nerfing Ulduar would also allow people to bring alts to soak up some of the otherwise discarded gear. In its current state no one wants to let people alt hop because it would make certain HMs a huge pita.

5 Likes

You are absolutely right but that’s the current state.
Y’all don’t see the bigger picture. ToC is complete joke and loot pinata. Even the 25m HM with Ulduar gear is barely even a challenge.
For people that haven’t cleared Ulduar yet, they will roll over ToC and get so many gear that it will passively nerf Ulduar in that sense.
Out of fun I made a 10m raid on the PTR with everyone being naxx geared. We wiped once.

1 Like

I’ve got a parsing guild and a IRL dad guild.

Ulduar is fun with one of them, I’ll let you guess which one that is.

#NerfUlduar

6 Likes

I am not disagreeing with you. Yes, ToGC gear will make Ulduar easier; however, the ilvl jump between Ulduar HM gear and ToGC gear is not that great. I do think you are slightly overestimating the power increase between these two phases. Though, I admit I could be underestimating it myself.

I think a straight nerf would keep people running it rather than telling everyone “well, in a month or two when we all have ToGC gear this will be easier” after we have been running it for 5 months already.

1 Like

25M H TOGC will be wiping the floor with guilds that haven’t cleared Ulduar HM’s.

We can call it a loot pinata until reality shows up. :rofl:

Ulduar’s technically a loot pinata as well, just depends on who you play with.

1 Like

as a healer i gotta disagree (to an extent) 25m alg/mim feels so much nicer/easier than 10m alg/mim. but yeah for some of the fights. idk it’s weird.

outside of that specific thing, are most people struggling in raid teams that have to pug spots? because joining a team with a full roster (from one with half a roster that wasn’t able to down any 25m HMs) made a huge difference for myself and some guildies. it’s dumb to be like “well that might be the issue!” since recruiting/filling is easier said than done, but idk. I feel like having everyone on the exact same page/in the same guild makes a world of difference

1 Like

I see. The issue is that the ilvl upgrades in Ulduar is very low due to the way loot drops (1x HM per boss). Even for guilds that have been clearing Ulduar since day one, most casters don’t even have close to full bis.
I went ahead and simmed my Mage with my current Ulduar HM gear (240) and it’s around 9.7k. With full ToC it’s 11.7k. That’s a lot considering I’m close to bis. Maybe that gives you a rough estimation.

And I see where you are coming from but again ToC will blow you up with gear. In just about one month of ToC you have probably replaced most of your Ulduar gear. It doesn’t take that long and while doing that you can try to do Ulduar each week and slowly see a progression.

Also keep in mind that many guilds are still progressing Ulduar. It’s a lot of fun for them.

That said, I’m not really going against a nerf. I’m more like “whatever they decide but I can see why”.

Oh totally. I know we’ll see a jump in preformance wuth TOGC gear I only question how much that would actually end up helping with some of these more mechanically “intense” HMs. My guild has been full clearing Ulduar since late February. The issue comes when you don’t have two dsacs, when you’re lacking caster dps on Hodir. That’s what leadership is burnt out with.

Nerfs would allow people to swap to an undergeared alt and would help motivate people to keep going to Ulduar. Especially if a full Ulduar clear went from 3 hrs to 2 hrs.

I would be a lot more neutral on the situation if i didn’t know of multiple guilds (including mine) who will be dropping Ulduar on phase 3 launch.

2 Likes

I know plenty of guilds too but they will leave regardless. Ulduar went a bit too long.

1 Like

The Ahead of the Curve Feat of Strength for Ulduar very much indicates that it will be nerfed once ToC comes out. Because the achievement mentions clearing Ulduar pre-nerf before the next raid tier comes out.

Of course, this is the same Blizzard that just introduced the WoW Token to ‘help improve game integrity’, so it could mean anything really.