Ulduar doesnt need a nerf it needs a skip!

As the title says, Ulduar is not hard it’s long and it’s boring. It just needs skips so guilds can do certain bosses and then head into TOGC.

This would be a great QoL change. Guilds are getting burnt out doing all of Ulduar when 6 bosses drop BiS.

Please add a skip like Naxx that was a great QoL change.

9 Likes

BIS Chassing

:sleeping:

you are part of the reason why classic went down the drain

10 Likes

Why because people who werent capable of getting BiS got mad at those who are capable?

4 Likes

+1

Though I’ve basically been already skipping ignis and razorscale

The other bosses with the exception of kologarn has something for someone.

Realistically kolo takes 50 seconds so it’s no big deal

I think an extra piece of HM gear per boss would be good for p3 tbh

2 Likes

It needs to be nerfed into the ground.

3 Likes

Rng is not a skill issue.

2 Likes

No, but being unable to do the content is.

Figured that was obvious but :woman_shrugging:

Increase the loot and give it a nerf. Let it become the alt farm that it should be when P3 releases.

3 Likes

no i’m pretty sure it needs a nerf

2 Likes

It definetly needs a nerf. I dont know which rock you live under when only 20% of the entire woltk classic has even attempted alg.

Alg has all the BiS gear and is on a 1hr timer per week. How dumb is that? May be you dont see the irony. People who skip and fail to kill Alg will be wasting a weekly lockout and denying others the chance to gear up.

The best thing blizz should do is Nerf the heck out of Alg, so it becomes like VoA and people get geared. So there is remotely any interest in doing Alg.

Other than Alg , most guilds will not even run Uld because they will get gear up the wazoo with increased drops. Alg is the only mob that has steep curve even for yogg -1 clearing guilds.

3 Likes

Ulduar was already nerfed when they increased the ilvl of the gear. More skips!!

2 Likes

In the last two weeks in 25m, there were 66k kills on XT. There were 39k kills on algalon. That means 60% of raids are getting an Algalon kill.

2 Likes

At this point and time it has nothing to do with RNG. Being bad exposes you to more RNG due to the constant opportunity loss, unnecessary damage taken and low damage output. Execution and speed drastically increases your odds against RNG. If you still can clear Ulduar HMs + Algalon on Phase 3, farming normal ToGC should be your priority.

We were talking about drops. You can kill it every week but if you get garbage drops it is what it is. Skill is irrelevant there

2 Likes

Guess that’s why they added Sidereal Essences, hopefully they add them to Ulduar bosses for bad luck protection as well.

Nah, no skips for you!

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Sorry people who are asking for nerfs cant move 5 steps away from stuff and that’s all Ulduar is. My guild has alg and Yogg 0 down for weeks its time for a skip. If you cant beat HM bosses with updated ilvl gear I don’t know what to tell you.

XT- Move left and right
Algalon- Move from red circles and run to black circles
Hodir- Keep moving, move to big ice circles, move to spread storm cloud
Thorim- Move away from lighting
Freya- Move from red beams move to shrooms move from bombs
Mimiron- Move from fire, move from mines
Vexaz- move from black things flying at you
Yogg- Dont touch clouds, move from malady

Its literally just moving it doesn’t need a nerf.

4 Likes

So lets compare Naxx to Uld, so far 19k guilds have killed KT while 6k guild have killed Alg. Thats 30% assuming that all the people who killed Naxx also attempted Alg. Considering Alg kills are so low is clear indication that there is something wrong.

1. Uld has been current for more time than Naxx
  2. More undergeared people attempt Naxx and are successful than Alg.
  3. Even with geared people Alg is not a guaranteed kill.
  4. Alg holds most of the BiS for that phase unlike P1 that had OS, Nexus etc. 1boss on 1 hr timer.
  5. H+ is failure as a gearing model. Sidereel essence is the next failure mode. Only geared Alg killed players will be successful in getting H++.
  6. SP were very important in Naxx to clear some wings. Disc priests are vital in clearing Alg.
  7. The dodge nerf makes warriors the worst tanks. Unless you have continuous stream of pally tanks, getting tanks to kill Alg will continue to be an issue.
  8. Oh did I forget shaman, druids yeah another needed classes for alg kill.
  9. Did I mention the 1hr timer, when people like you who have killed it many times wont want to step into Uld for no reason at all as you have all the gear.
  10. Mood of wow gods, to randomly drop gear that no 1 wants again and again.
  11. If ToGC is easier than Uld HM, no need to do Uld.
  12. If I remember correctly Pugging ToGC was much easier in OG Wrath than to clear HM FL.

I forgot to add, people like you who want a Skip will only attempt yogg and alg. There is no need for you to kill other bosses in Uld. But for gearing those bosses have value. HM FL is knowledge check on strat. If no 1 knows what the strat is its a normal kill again and again. Yes asking people to read up is an idea or nerfing the crap out of it, so people can clear it and get the gear is another. Which do you think affects you in the long run, some 1 with gear who is not depending on 9 other people to not screw up or you not having people to play with.

1 Like

There are more players who have killed algalon than there are raiding Ulduar at 1/54 to 52/54.

Yogg 0 is the final boss over Algalon. So everyone at 53/54 and 54/54 combined are so vastly over the 1/54 to 52/54.

Source. Warcraft logs.

Its not a big deal we still have huge mitigation. Paladins are not hard required on alg at all.