UI Revert Addons Available! Menu buttons, actionbars, minimap (sorta), and unit frames (sorta)!

Hey y’all!

Since I last posted about the ClassicUI addon team working on a full reversion, I discovered a few more options to get you to something pretty close to the original UI.

• Menu Buttons
    The “Shadowlands Micro Menu Buttons” on CurseForge addon just came out the other day. This changes the uniform, grey menu buttons back to the pre-DF ones (with the green LFG eye, horse head for collections tab, etc).

• Actionbar
    Bartender4 has a “classic” preset that brings back the actionbar art, places the experience bars on top of the action bar, and snaps the menu bar and bag slots back into their original locations. You may need to tinker with the icon sizes and spacing depending on your screen resolution.

• Minimap
    I haven’t found anything that reverts the minimap to its pre-DF state, but you can get close with the addon “SexyMap”. This has multiple options that shrinks the map size and has some nice frames to go with it. (Alternatively, you can adjust the minimap size with a macro in game. This will only affect the size and it will revert on reload, so you may want to just bind this one. Type /run MinimapCluster:SetScale(0.7) to reduce the minimap and the zone name, or just /run Minimap:SetScale(0.7) to reduce the minimap).

• Unit frames
    The “Easy Frames” addon on Curse has some options that kind of look like the original frames. They’re different from the original and have a lot of customization, but you can hopefully get something you like! It is currently being updated for DF and isn’t fully functional atm, but check them out to see if it’s something that might work for you!

Anyway, none of this is my original material, just pieces I’ve cobbled together.

Thanks goes to TeeloJubeithos for designing the menu buttons addon, Usoltsev for designing the Easy Frames addon, Funkehdude for designing SexyMap,
Nevcairiel for designing Bartender4, and u/HaznoTV on Reddit for discovering the minimap tip

5 Likes

I’m going to toss in a vote for the Basic Minimap addon. It’s just that: very basic, no wild frames, yet still customizable to a degree. The only thing I can’t figure out is how to get it to show NSEW markers, but I can deal with that for now. :smiley:

3 Likes

I only hope and pray that we can only be so lucky as to have a addon team put something together to return the game’s interface to what it was previously.

I know I’m an immense bias wanting this, after 17 years playing since Vanilla dropped in 2004…aswell as a blaring hate of change to things I am passionate about, as is a trait of my Autism, Aspergers’ Syndrome… …but I cannot wait until somebody out there makes this an operational thing for the playerbase whom desire it to once more have and return to “the WoW they know so well”

3 Likes