UI Flickering Issue on Nvidia Drivers 430.87, 430.97, 431.36

Thank you. I had to do a search to find this hot fix as the NVIDIA Geforce Experience isn’t finding it for me.

AFAIK you can use the driver just before 430.87, no issues before that driver. This is def a nvidia issue to fix, unless blizz can do something on their end for dx12

I’m on an RTX 2060 and I reverted to 430.64 and it resolved the issue. First time I’ve ever needed to roll back a nvidia driver.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports so far. I’ll add these details to our internal tracking on this issue, but please also let Nvidia know of the issue since it seems to be specific to a couple drivers sets.

FYI, it’s not just new drivers.

I’m running a GTX 970 on some very old drivers (391.35) and have had zero problems in (or out of) game, until now. I noticed the screen flicker today when questing in the two new zones. I didn’t isolate it with in or out of town, but I am using the DirectX 12 API, so that does seem to be a common link with other reports.

2 Likes

I’m using an RTX 2080 and like everyone else had a flickering issue that was solved by switching to DirectX 11. Though for some reason today I noticed a screen flash that happens every minute or two that hasn’t been there since I switched to DX11. So not sure this new flash is related to DX12. Also using 430.64 driver after reverting from 430.86.

Having the same issue on a GTX 960 that wasn’t there two days ago. It’s pretty bad, as well. Consistently flickering to show me terrain below and around Stormwind.

Downloading 430.86 driver update for it from 5/27/19. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try going to DX11 and let you know if that helps.

Edit: updated driver and found the problem exists for me on DX11. DX12 and DX11 legacy work just fine.

Today I’ve noticed an entire screen flash in mechagon I’m on 430.64 nvidia drivers and this issue seems to have come up today it never happened yesterday.

2 Likes

Having the same issue in mechagon starting today. I had updated the drivers a few days ago (nvidia), and mechagon was fine the past few days. However today I am getting the weird flickering issue in Mechagon.

rolled back to older driver (3/5/2019) and it’s still happening but I guess I will just have to deal with it

I’ve had the same issue in mechagon since today. GTX 970 and pretty old drivers (417.22). I think this maybe somehow connected to Chromie’s dailies (with alternate reality), which I saw for the first time today.

omg this happens to me to!!, i thought i had a RAM issue or GPU issue because the world would just randomly flicker and weird

GTX 1660 Ti, latest drivers, seems mostly happening on DX12

yup i noticed the flickering today too (using the 430.86 drivers) and it started happening after i went to mechagon

Hey there friends,

This is something we are looking at and tracking internally, with that said, I want to recap what our wonderful community has been able to find. :slight_smile:

• If you are having a UI Flicker issue and are on the updated drivers 430.87 or 430.97, then try downloading the Nvidia provided hotfix.

• If not on the most up to date drivers, please update then try the above steps.

After this, if still a problem, try changing to another Direct X api. Some have reported only Direct x 11 has problems, Direct X 12 and 11 Legacy are fine.

Last, if nothing here helps and the problem persist, please get back to us with a DxDiag. This can help us delve in to the computer and try and find more solutions for you. :smile:

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

Hope to have more news soon friends! Keep us updated here and we will do what we can.

/Nathardrick

1 Like

Very limited testing thus far, but the Nvidia hotfix (431.18) appears to have fixed it for me. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

Going to dx 11 legacy fixed it for me. I am running on a older system, but I have multi-threading so this is strange. This issue was happening across multiple drivers until I changed this setting.

I fear this issue goes beyond a driver issue. Wow screwed something up here. This is the only game I am having this issue with, tested and verified.

After a bit more testing, I’m not quite sold if the Nvidia hotfix completely fixed the issue for me.

I played for an hour or so earlier today with no issues. Now I just logged back on, and my monitor went black like it lost signal and came back on.

Back to report that the Nvidia hotfix did not solve the issue for me. I tried with DirectX 12, Direct X 11, and Direct X 11 Legacy. The flickering issue persisted through all three settings.

Dxdiag, as requested, is posted on pastebin: eN88XGRB

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one, I started worrying that there might be something wrong with my gpu. Been having the same flickering issue for a couple of weeks on the RTX 2080 Ti using the latest nvidia drivers.

The flickering was really bad this morning. 970 with latest driver.

I first noticed the flickering whenever I took the bat from the great seal to the port. I’d see it out along the horizon. Then it started with parts of the UI. I read that disabling fullscreen optimizations would help, but it did not. 430.86

Did you try the hotfix drivers? These should be 431.18 which is a newer version than 430.86 and contains a hotfix for this issue and others.

1 Like