UI completely reset?

my mouse sens, targetting, health frames all got reset…

My saved UI’s are gone too. Will this get fixed?

1 Like

I wonder why this is only happening to a select few.

Happened to me the two minutes I was able to log in. UI reset, saves gone, settings reset. Haven’t been able to log in since.

Hi everyone,
I had this happen to me earlier today and I found a way to fix it. Your preset is saved in a file in your wow folder: (go to the drive you have it on, mine is in C)
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\Account
then locate your account folder and from there you should see a file called edit-mode-cache-account.old
open the .old file with notepad and copy paste the string of info.
You can import this string into wow and basically re import your setup, might have to tweak it.
If your copy paste doesn’t work and gives a lua error, the import probably has a typo like mine did, but it’s fixable!

4 Likes

We’ve seen this happen to players who experienced the bad luck of getting disconnected while loading into the game. We’ve developed a hotfix for that specific scenario, and the hotfix should be coming to all realms soon.

But the hotfix won’t retroactively recreate what was lost. To make sure you keep your custom UI (and so that you can use it elsewhere, if you like), you’ll want to export and save it outside the game.

While in-game, hit and then:

1. Select Edit Mode.
  2. Select the layout you wish to export from the dropdown.
  3. Open the dropdown and select the Share option.
  4. Select the Copy To Clipboard sub-option.
  5. Create a blank text file on your PC, and paste the string you just copied into the new file.
  6. Save that text file somewhere safe.

To use a UI that you previously saved to a text file:

1. Copy the entire text from the text file.
  2. Go into Edit Mode.
  3. In the layout dropdown, select Import.
  4. Paste the text from your clipboard into the Import Text window.
  5. Give it a name and click the Import button.
13 Likes

Thank you for the response at least. It’s appreciated. Any word when Area-52 will be playable? It’s over 5 hours at this point and the server is still imploded.

1 Like

This is exactly what I did when UI’s reset the first time during prepatch when it first launched (and when some talents reset). Saved me time and headaches, big time!

1 Like

Big yikes
Not a good look

6 Likes

I dont understand, I’ve just lost my UI entirely and the only words of solace you can give me is you make sure to save my UI for when this happens next time?

please tell me you are joking…

5 Likes

You forgot to include the fact that it’s due to a bug if you’re in the middle of logging in and you got kicked because of the shoddy expansion release. Doesn’t feel good at all.

Kaivax we really need a Blue post for all the people that still haven’t been able to play the game. Either can’t connect or waiting on a boat. Honestly just unsubbed. Friends are really disenchanted and hoping for a change from SL. This isn’t it. They are hoping for refunds and unsubbing. I hope you have some good news soon to post.

2 Likes

It’s an out of season April Fools joke.

You got a PHONE right???

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is this might occur again?

Back to bartender lol not fun to have everything wiped after the time painstakingly spent doing it.

1 Like

Export it? You cant ask customers to do this, that is an insane request.
I understand your just trying to provide some help until its fixed, but you guys cant be asking these types of things of your customers, its really embarrassing.

That’s Like asking a customer to put their own toppings on a pizza they ordered.
Awful, just awful.

5 Likes

UI settings are client side nor does Blizzard personally supply these toppings so they’re not really responsible for them other than providing the pizza to place them on. This is more like Blizzard dropped your pizza and handed you a fresh plain pizza.

Obviously whatever process is wiping them sucks immensely and is apparently fixable by Blizzard, but there’s nothing extra to be done beyond fixing the issue and reminding people to back this stuff because freak accidents happen; personally I think I’ve lost my UI at least twice for one reason or another and having it backed up once a month or so just saves you the headache.

This has not worked for me.
I found my .old layout code and tried to import it just to have nothing change.
I’m giving up for today, but as a hail mary:
*hat sort of typo did you get with a copy/paste?

is there an update to this issue
none of the fixes work

FWIW, I have 3 different UI set-ups, 1 for Druid, Rogue, & Hunter saved in the Edit Mode profiles. Today after launch I encountered the wiped profile issue with all my UIs set to default.

After reading the WTF folders are where these are saved, I opened up C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\Account\ (your account here) and there is a file called edit-mode-cache-account.old.

I opened up that file in word pad and it contains all the strings for each profile I created. First I copy/saved that file in my Dropbox folder then I copied the string for each class and imported them in the Edit Mode drop down menu.

It’s easy to identify what to Copy/Import by the profile names, but you have to search them out a bit. For instance, the string had it in Rogue, Druid, Hunter order for me. So for Druid I had to highlight starting at the word ‘Druid’ all the way down to the last bit of info before ‘Hunter’.

2 Likes

I am actually surprised this is the answer, and I can only assume it’s due to the low % of the player base it happened too. I still haven’t started playing DF yet, as I went to bed waiting for the fix, and the answer is to start over again?

I guess I’m shocked at just how half assed this really is.