Incorrect response to ticket # 88476654

Some clock-watching timecard-puncher over there combined two of my tickets together, to close them. The first ticket was “resolved” as much as can be, given that the underlying problem was with the developers, and the GM gave me a work-around for the time being.

This other problem, however, which I logged as a separate ticket (#88476654), has =not= been addressed properly. I have =not= received any kind of solution or work-around that can be applied. Furthermore, even though it was in the same general =category= of problem as the other ticket, it was =not= the same specific problem. Therefore, it should =not= have been merged with my first ticket.

I have been trying to re-open the fraudulently-closed ticket, to explain the reasons I consider the ticket to still be in need of attention, but your webpage is not responding when I click on “Submit” – it just spins its wheels and never finishes re-opening the ticket…

First off, let’s dispense with the “unethical” and “fraudulently-closed” language. If you received an inaccurate response, it has nothing to do with fraud or ethics, or even “timecard-punching”. Mistakes happen.

Second, if you do not have the option to re-open the closed ticket to ask for more help, then you need to submit a new ticket. Reference the ticket that you feel wasn’t addressed properly in the new one.

If you’re having trouble with opening a new ticket, then start by trying to clear your browser’s cookies/cache, or try a different browser.

7 Likes

Sorry, Azgaroth, it is likely that they simply missed that it was two different issues. For feedback, you’ll want to fill out the survey that should become available once the ticket is closed.

As for the ticket itself, I don’t know if there is much that a Game Master would be able to do in that situation. We have no access to your UI and settings, the mostly likely response is they’d probably recommend resetting your User Interface and/or make sure you are launching the game as the Administrator.

If neither of those help, I’d recommend visiting the UI & Macro forum.

3 Likes

Considering the language that I was originally using in the privacy of my own home, that language I used when typing this post is considerably tamer and gentler.

I have over forty characters, EACH of whom I’ve been configuring with this new Edit Interface option. And EVERY time I log back into one of them, the Chat Frame has been reset to be ridiculously small. And every time I fix that Chat Frame for that character, log out, close the game, and later one, log back in - - my corrections have been reverted, and the Chat Frame is once again impossible small.

And, YES, I have already reset my interface and cleared cache and all the other usual suspects.

So perhaps, my anger can be understood. (I’m not asking for you to excuse it, just understand why it’s there.)

So . . .

Chat Frame keeps getting shrunk. Any way to stop this?

I understand the frustration. But still, it’s not productive to throw around those accusations. But that’s not really the issue here. Let’s focus on solving your problem…

We’ve heard some people reporting this. I’m sure that it’s been reported in the Bug Report Forum, but you should add your experiences to an existing thread there. It may not be a bug, but if it is, your info could help them track it down better.

My advice would be what Vrak said above:

Make sure you follow the instructions on the link Vrak gave. Get a fresh default UI, and test the chat frame sizing through a couple logouts.

6 Likes

Just a quick question.

Are you using a default profile and just using edit mode to resize the chat frame? Have you tried naming and setting a unique profile and then saving it?

I’ve had my UI customization reset only when I forgot to save it or when I was using one of the defaults.

7 Likes

Good point.

Blizz had a post about that the other day that might help the OP.

7 Likes

Now =this= looks like a plan! :slight_smile:
Wish me luck! :wink:

~ Franklin

1 Like

Didn’t work. :’-(

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried disabling ALL of your addons, making your edits in Edit mode, saving that to a profile, setting the profile as the default, and then logging out to test it? It could be an addon that’s interfering with the creation of a profile with the larger chat area.

1 Like

A full ui reset would be a better option then disabling if its a corrupted ui.

1 Like