UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

Still looking for an update.

3 Likes

“Patience, must remember, patience”.

Said Blizzard, as they waited for everyone to forget about this issue and give up.

4 Likes

They seem to do that about a lot of things… No matter! We are here and are NOT going to forget. We will remind them every day if necessary. Removing over a decade-old feature without warning and with no other options at least deserves some sort of explanation.

2 Likes

At least sound replacements will still work in Classic <.<

Still waiting, hopefully they’ve been working on a fix and tomorrow we might get news.

1 Like

Still waiting.

2 Likes

Maybe we should try a less civilized approach and just spam threads about this.

4 Likes

:thinking:

Starting to think that our reasonable requests are falling on deaf ears and that nothing will be done. Wonder how this will pan out. If they do not intend to implement and allow custom sound files again, they are probably hoping that we will just go away.

That’s not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Hello, it’s me, I was wondering if after all these years…

2 Likes

…you might give us any new updates today?

Overriding sound files wasn’t hurting anyone. I just don’t understand it.

2 Likes

MUTING the annoying error sound:

Alright. So after digging through this thread, I have located a fix for those who have not gotten it to work yet. Get the mod from curseforge called Mutesoundfile

Set it up in your addons folder
Enter the game, type /msf
In the sound ID box enter 569772, hit preview to verify the annoying sound you are muting, hit Mute this sound
Problem solved! the game is playable with sound again!
tested and working as of 7/19/19

3 Likes

Guess we’ll wait until Tuesday, again…

1 Like

It’s been almost a month now, can we please have an update on this? Or do we have to wait until Blizzcon and hope someone asks about it there?

3 Likes

All we are asking for is just a little communication; please don’t make it just a swept-under-the-rug issue and pretend like custom files never existed in the first place.

2 Likes

Regarding the very obnoxious and annoying “fizzle” sound, I don’t know why Blizz just doesn’t provide a simple ON/OFF switch in Settings for this…
Please Blizz? Would you do this for us?? so we can avoid hitting the forums every single time there’s a patch update? (please?)

1 Like

Should we flood this and GD forums with threads about this if the silence continues after Tuesday? Got many alts, lol.

3 Likes

Would that help?

You can disable error speech in the regular sound settings menu. Mines been off since vanilla.

1 Like

Guess they’re just trying to make people forget about it.

1 Like