UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

Also:
598079 sound/events/squire_horn_aa.ogg

Someone should start a public gDoc (spreadsheet) with just three columns: category, description, soundID :slight_smile:

I didn’t notice this at first but Enum.TooltipTextureAnchor.Left does not exist, the default is LeftTop although it doesn’t make a difference anyway

Value Type
0 LeftTop
1 LeftCenter
2 LeftBottom
3 RightTop
4 RightCenter
5 RightBottom
6 All

https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/live/AddOns/Blizzard_APIDocumentation/TooltipConstantsDocumentation.lua#L32-L46

Wonder why this thread got unpinned…

1 Like

I hope that doesn’t mean they’re finished looking into it …

3 Likes

Search for soundID’s @ wow.tools/files

1 Like

Also found that this old script to play sounds ingame & macros, no longer works.
/script PlaySoundFile(“sound\interface\raidwarning.ogg”)

Now you have to use this format pointing to the soundID
/script PlaySoundFile(“567397”)

Edit: Note that PlaySoundFile is case sensitive.

1 Like

Is there any ETA report or word on this yet?

4 Likes

We know you have a lot of stuff to work on but an update would be appreciated. Dispersion sounds like an odd cosmic fart, the old vt/pain/mind blast sounds were just so iconic of the spec I can’t stand the odd “pshshsffftf”. Halp.

6 Likes

I used the old druid sound files, as well as muted some of the more annoying roars and such that druids do on attacks. I am really missing them. If the dev’s have unpinned this thread, perhaps they have forgotten about providing us an update. Does anyone know how twitter works? maybe we can get a response from them that way?

I have a Twitter. I will see what I can do; I may be able to get ahold of customer service at some point so not sure how much information they could give, but probably not the devs. They rarely respond to inquiries there (and everywhere. Figures.)

It is up to us to keep them from forgetting this important issue, so keep on posting! :slight_smile: The General Discussion thread is here: Custom sound files not working

1 Like

Any news regarding the replacement or override of existing sound files? I’d very much like to substitute some sounds for quieter ones or replace other sounds entirely with sounds I find humorous or just plain cool.

2 Likes

At the point just wait and see what the pre-mythic patch contains. If it’s not in there then [complain] up a storm.

1 Like

Sadface, this is no bueno.

2 Likes

No update today I guess. :frowning:

Any update?

4 Likes

Please communicate with us on this. We were able to override sound files for over a decade, but now my hunters are unplayable.

5 Likes

I’ve tried playing my spriest again, I can’t stand it. : /

2 Likes

Still waiting! Please update us!

2 Likes

I’m leveling a gnome for the heritage armour and my ears… they don’t deserve this.

1 Like