UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

Yep. Nothing changed in today’s patch today.

Le sigh. Still waiting.

1 Like

You’re not likely to see this fixed till 8.2.5 at this point.

I was able to use a certain addon to get rid of the fizzle sounds, but I still can’t get the stupid owlkin frenzy sound to stop, even though I swear I entered the sound’s number.

Update: Just now, I unmuted the sound file and re-muted it, and that seems to have done the trick. Still hoping a fix comes along for gun sounds, even though I’ve currently got my hunter using a bow again.

You can mute the sounds, you just can’t replace them anymore. : /

1 Like

Sooooo… no response yet?

2 Likes

Should we take the no response and unpinning of this thread to mean that the issue is being ignored? Has Blizzard’s stance on allowing files to be overridden changed? A little transparency goes a long way please.

2 Likes

How can you mute the sounds?
All I did was mute, not replace sounds. Doesnt work anymore since the last patch.

Edit: here are the sounds I muted previously:
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_02.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_03.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_04.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_05.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_06.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_07.ogg
\Sound\Character\BloodElfMalePC\vo_bloodelfmale_main_meleewindup_08.ogg
\Sound\Character\PCDHNightElfmale\VO_DHNightElfmale_AttackCrit01.ogg
\Sound\Character\PCDHNightElfmale\VO_DHNightElfmale_AttackCrit02.ogg
\Sound\Character\PCDHNightElfmale\VO_DHNightElfmale_AttackCrit04.ogg
\Sound\Creature\ElementalFire\FireElementalLoop.ogg
\Sound\Creature\MimironHeadMount\MimironHeadMount_Run.ogg
\Sound\Creature\MimironHeadMount\MimironHeadMount_Walk.ogg

the character sound files gets rid of some annoying blood elf sounds when tanking as a paladin.
The nightelf files gets rid of HYAAAAH demon hunters make everytime you dash
elemental fire gets rid of a constant burning sound from a certain pet my hunter uses
and the mimiron head gets rid of the buzzing sound the mount does

I would really appreciate to get rid of these sounds again. All i did before was create these folders with blank .ogg files on them

Edit2: searched on other threads, i cant post links for some reason, but search for mutesoundfile on curse and there’s a addon that works!

You will need to find the ID for each file. The wow dot tools website helps (if you can figure it out what I just said…)

Hope you all are able to mute the sounds…

Now if only I could find the new kill command sound from beastmaster hunters I would be able to play that spec again…

Yet another week of waiting.

1 Like

I would also like an update, please! Yet another “update” that took up dev time (that could have been used to fix things that were actually broken - LOTS of that around), and instead, we get a new ‘feature’ that breaks things and hurts quality of life for players. :frowning:

2 Likes

You’d like to meet. To go over, everything. They say that time’s supposed to heal ya, but I ain’t done much healing…

Hello, can you hear me?
I’m in California dreaming about who we used to be

Here’s to hoping they address this issue in 8.2.5 at least, if not before and in this thread as well. I’m thinking they’re just hoping we let this thread slip down and die, which is why they unpinned it from the top.

If fixing the “propblem” undoes the reason for creating it in the first place then you might be waiting a while. If fixing the “problem” so it doesn’t re-create the problem causing the problem fixed is not just a simple fix, you might be waiting a while.

At least historically speaking that seems to be the case.

1 Like

It would be super sweet if an API or something was added in 8.2.5 to allow for this again. I would like my Worgen girl to sound Gilnean 100% of the time again. The dog worgen sounds freak out my cat, and I’m not a fan either.

1 Like

When we were younger and free
I’ve forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There’s such a difference between us
And a million miles…

(Another Tuesday and still waiting lol)

1 Like

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE
I MUST’VE CALLED A THOUSAND TIMES
(to be continued)

Any update, really missing my druid sound files. It just does not feel right without my classic druid sounds.

1 Like

Same here, having withdrawals from my Hunter sounds. We would love an update.