UI Changes in Rise of Azshara

Community comes to the rescue of MoveAnything! A poster gave 2 small edits to it’s LUA that has brought MA back to life for me. At least it fixed MY issue, it seems other are having different other issues. Mine was at (can’t post a link but it was on curseforge for MA, post #4856).

3 Likes

This doesn’t help you if you don’t know the name of the file :slight_smile: I was more asking so as to identify sound files as they go. I don’t mind if it were just the names or the IDs either one. Right now it’s a scavenger hunt sometimes to figure out what sound is playing. I was just asking to see if there might be an easier solution.

You could paste the following into addon.bool.no

/zck to toggle printing on/off

hooksecurefunc('PlaySound', function(id) if ZCKSHOWPLAYSOUNDS then print("Sound", id) end end)
hooksecurefunc('PlaySoundFile', function(file) if ZCKSHOWPLAYSOUNDS then print("SoundFile", file) end end)

SLASH_ZOUNDSCHECKER1 = "/zck"
SlashCmdList["ZOUNDSCHECKER"] = function(msg)
	ZCKSHOWPLAYSOUNDS = not ZCKSHOWPLAYSOUNDS
	print("Zounds Check:", ZCKSHOWPLAYSOUNDS and "On" or "Off")
end
2 Likes

Absolutely, all I need is my real rifle and vanilla bow sounds.

2 Likes

Don’t suppose you might know the Id for the clicking sound that plays when you activate a spell or ability?

Also need to replace many sounds, game feels weird w/o them. : /

1 Like

This addon works for some sounds, but not others. For example, the sound that plays when you mount (e.g., the “Hearthsteed” mount) …no notification at all.

Is there another function that might be used for playing sounds other than PlaySound and PlaySoundFile?

HALLELUJUAH! HALLELUJUAH!

At last, I can play the game properly again! Now I just need to look up the number for owlkin frenzy and hope that another good addon for fixing gun sounds comes around.

Edit: can anyone tell me the id number for olwkin frenzy? I can’t find it.

For game based sounds you might try an in-game search/test:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/leatrix-sounds

Well, I thought I found the id number for owlkin frenzy, but the game is still stupidly playing it.

I just wanted to say that as someone very new to addon development, this thread is amazing. Several tools and techniques I didn’t know. Thanks all!

The FDID for Owlkin Frenzy should be 568347
https://wow.tools/files/#search=OwlkinFrenzy

1 Like

Yeah, I entered that number but it’s still playing.

It says it’s part of SoundKit 13089

But that’s not replacing sounds, is it?

3 Likes

Anyone know what the sound file is for the trumpet that plays when the squire is summoned? That’s literally the only sound I cant stand.

EDIT: its 598187, if anyone else wants a silent squire summon.

It is not currently possible to replace sounds. We can only mute sounds as of the time of this posting.

I hope they fix that ability.

2 Likes

Can we get an update please. Is your fix the ability to mute sounds, or will we get things like our custom gun sounds back?

Also why was this ever changed? it has been like this for how long, 10 years?

4 Likes

It was a side-effect of their changes to make it harder for sites/companies to data mine filenames, etc. At least, that’s the assumption by most in the community.

Now, as to why they suddenly care about data mining after 15 years …on what is now an ancient game …is anyone’s guess.

2 Likes