UH mage tower

anyone done the UH tower yet? took me like 75ish pulls the first week in legion, but i cant even get her past like 60% right now, adds are rough to keep up with.

Is the Unholy one Agatha? Just did it on a Fury warrior in about 25 pulls probably. Did about 7 pulls before dinner and I have 2 minutes on my flask which I didnt have on the first pulls.

Hearing Fury is the easiest ones this time around though being harder when it was current is kind of confusing. Having the artifact ability would have made dealing with the adds so much easier.

I would try Grip of the Dead and Defile. Probably drop Unholy Blight for Bursting Sores. Keep Army, Unending Thirst. Spell Eater.

Could also try the Crusader cheese. I basically didnt have to worry about damage other than the boulders and even if I got hit with 1, double crusader kept me alive though basically anything else anyone had to worry about. Dont know how well it would work with 1 weapon.

Gorefiends would be great though.

i was trying a few pulls with defile, though it helped with adds, it is a pretty big hit to the dps on agatha not having UH pact hellchains. i just feel like i get behind very quickly on adds, which was not the case in legion

The unholy one is a meme i did it first try play Soul reaper/ebon fever/army of the damned/spell eater and its a joke

6 Likes

For me adds were much more important to get down and interrupting Agatha which meant getting through that shield. I only read a “guide” on the last few pulls which said to basically do everything different and I just kept going with my way since I had gotten it to like 10% so I knew it could be done.

Change up your build. See where you are lacking and alter it. I did that several times.

Again you can try the Crusader cheese if its not expensive on your server. Dont know why people arent trying the Frost one with Crusader on both weapons unless that one is some kind of DPS check thing where you need your runeforges.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

I have the same issue

It seems literally impossible to me. I can stack all the consumables in the world and burst to about 70% then juggling all the adds her health just…sticks there. I literally can’t progress her health any more.
I did this and many more Mage Towers in Legion and did not have problems like this.

its possible, killing adds needs to be first priority at all times

Its definitely possible, took me about 8 hours and extra buffs like the war-scrolls

use one of the heirloom trinket that do 10% more dmg to demons. and the lazer one from mechagon if you can. and the unending thirst rune on your weapon. and make sure to use the talent that reset your grip. always save unholy blight ams and dark transformation for each set of adds. oh and macro /petattack on your clawing shadow to make sure the pets swap to adds. took me 12 or 13 pulls with this setup.

4 Likes

I just got it done with a cosmetic weapon at lvl 58, so you girls got this.

Inspect my profile if youre curious for weapon, gems, enchants etc. I used potion of unbridled fury (though I didn’t really need it in hindsight) and drums. Also shadowcore oil, spectral flask of power, and a mastery food buff.

The battle comes down to managing adds. A successful run is one where you kill adds the fastest. I used asphyxiate to stop one imp servant, and grip on another servant as they’re casting (which interrupts it). I ran to them as they appeared.

Never stop moving with fuming imps. They are not necessarily the priority, but they will ruin your runs if left unchecked. You need mobility, so the more that explode the worse it’ll be. If you covered the two areas she teleports between may as well restart. Don’t be afraid to use chains of ice on them to slow them down a bit while you claw of shadows from afar.

The unholy blight+dark transformation is incredibly deadly and makes the lots of imps phase trivial.

A very good way of doing it, though I had a separate button for it. Try to get your pet to the farthest imp and get everyone in between with dark transformation. Epidemic to cleave quicker. If you see fuming imps DO NOT STOP MOVING.

If imp servants spawn with lots of imps, that’s a good thing, because your unholy transformation + unholy blight combo will cleave them quicker. Continue using asphyxiate and grip to interrupt their heal spell.

Something that helped me immensely is my pod trinket (inspect profile for reference). I tried saving it for whenever her shield was up. It’ll break the shield quicker, while healing you. If it overwhelms you with adds, you have an extra cleave + shield breaker + healer. Incredibly useful to trivialize her shield phase.

It drops from the first boss in Emerald Nightmare. You have 4 tries to get the trinket, so don’t sleep on it.

*I never used virulent plague, because unholy blight dots mobs for me.
*I tried to maximize soul reaper use on small adds for rune regeneration. In fact, adds are your friends in this encounter because you did more dps when more of them were out.
*anti magic shell at the beginning of each small imp phase. I pressed, unholy blight, dark trans, and anti magic shell in order.
*On the platform, don’t be afraid to utilize the whole platform for movement
*BE MINDFUL OF BOULDERS

3 Likes

Can confirm, ebon fever is the best talent to use. Melts those damn dirty imps.

1 Like