Tyranny of Light Expansion

Ok Gretchen

Also Greyah I see you changed the title there, rude :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There is no Greyah in Ba Sing Se

4 Likes

I mean, I really don’t see how that’s my problem :stuck_out_tongue: It’s almost like there are quite a few players in WoW who actually want the Alliance to be antagonistic, and using the more villainous characters of the light to do so since it’s a major culturally important thing to them is actually the best way to go about it since it would have a potent affect akin to Garrosh and Dark Shamanism since using major cultural beats is a effective way to foster internal issues.

In all seriousness I think there’s a lot of evidence the Light is not purely good - it’s focused and dedicated. Sometimes its zeal is heroic, other times it is harmful.

I don’t think it’s evil. It’s like any form of magic, it’s a neutral power with specific rules, which has uses that vary depending on the user.

I also don’t think making the Alliance villains out of nowhere would be good storytelling. Give them nuance and division, please. Making them all evil? Ehhhh

1 Like

Also why I don’t ever say the light itself is evil. The issue is that there is not much ‘Tyranny of the Light’ alternatives that serve as catchy titles to clearly convey what would be the core content in a type of storyline where the murder hobo platoons root out the problem people who use the light.

Also, blame Blizzard for being predictable and having an apparent pattern with the people they villain bat and their expacs.

“Battle for Azeroth: But Actually the Alliance are Chaotic Stupid This Time” would be just as asinine as BfA was and the only reason you so desperately want it is because of your bizarre hatred of the faction.

No, I want the other faction to be subject to having it’s currently bland status quo broken and, ultimately, an invasion by Light Users and the light based faction needing to undergo civil and internal turmoil would present a natural method to see that occur.

As for the latter, probably because of regular less than positive interactions with certain ‘cast members’ of the Alliance player base while I’m more often than not the only one targeted when I decide to voice my opinion.

1 Like

Sure. I do. I’ve often condemned the fact that the Horde is frequently represented as the “evil” faction when it should ALWAYS have been more nuanced than that.

Does that mean the solution is taking the exact same problem and reversing it so the Alliance players feel a little bad for themselves?

No.

It means the entire storyline moves on with neither faction being represented as pointlessly evil going forward.

Again, internal division? Fun. Awesome. Some moral nuance and issues? Please. Entire faction committing purges, genocide, and anything else synonymous with the third reich? Please, no.

7 Likes

hnnnnng the faction war is dumb THE FACTION WAR IS DUMB I HATE THE FACITOns MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

8 Likes

This strikes me as a chicken and egg scenario because I have never seen an opinion from you that didn’t seem to be gleefully rubbing your hands together over the prospect of lawl Alliance loses lawl good people are bad lawl why are you so mad that nothing happened to the Horde you guys totally won lawl.

So like, yeah, people are going to probably have negative interactions with said opinion. Oh, like this one.

You literally have three posts:

“Alliance won, why are you upset that we got away with everything”
“TYRANNY OF THE LIGHT TYRANNY OF THE LIGHT TYRANNY OF THE LIGHT TYRANNY OF THE LIGHT”
“Hey guys I’m writing some imperial fetishism book.”

Funny how whenever I mention the fact that when elaborating on ideas of Alliance being more antagonistic, it usually ends up with the the clear lines being drawn without subjecting the Alliance players to being that and providing clear, definitive ways to show it.

But no, Horde main wants to put Alliance in a position to be an antagonizing force without total merit to their actions. How dare they!

Oh please, be very kind and elaborate this one for me, since it pretty clearly shows you are only here to act toxic.

I don’t have time to dig through your entire post history but from memory I think your last writing project was “British Colonialism but this time the redcoats are bluecoats.”

IIRC this isn’t entirely out of tone of your last writing projects that you chose to share with the class which were usually something like “Roman Empire allegory” or “Russian empire allegory” or I might be mixing you up with a Pandaren player who has like 99% of your exact mannerisms and I’m still not entirely sure you aren’t them,

“Hey guys, I once played Horde back in BC, so I’m clearly a expert on how all Horde players think and they all are pro-genocide monkeys and only Alliance can be the good guys and if you want the Horde to have protagonists YOU’RE WRONG!”

I mean to me it sounds like your idea of “Tyranny of the Light” doesn’t provide a means for the Alliance players to not be subjected to that, at least no more than the Horde characters were with the Darkspear Rebellion/Saurfang Revolution

I mean hell your response to someone who said they would LEAVE THE GAME if it got like BFA wasn’t “You won’t be subjected to that, here’s some clear lines why”. It was:

I mean holy crap. That’s not nuance. That’s what I take issue with.

I also can’t see it happening right now. A generally good faction with a leader like Anduin does not simply backflip into “Light gestapo” and “punt babies” and “erase night elf culture” a culture, mind you, they’ve coexisted with as close friends for quite a long time in lore.

I think there’s likely to be a lot of questioning Anduin’s rule, yes. More extreme factions popping up, yes. Anduin may even be forced to be a harsher ruler in order to retain control. But some of the stuff you’re suggesting is… a bit far. You know it is. You’re kinda rubbing it in Autai’s face

1 Like

Xins and Lohkash are the same person, yeah

3 Likes

Literally nobody is saying this. The Alliance should have moral nuance. They just shouldn’t be the friggen Third Reich, sheesh. Nor should the Horde.

4 Likes

God I can’t believe this person left such a stain on my brain that I disappeared for a year and still recognized them.

Before then he was a goblin DK but I forget the name LOL

And look to be fair I don’t have any personal issues with Loh/Xins. Quite like him in some ways, even though I disagree here. So yeah, not trying to make him out to be the bad guy or anything like that. I often agree with him when he’s saying “Hey you know what, the Horde isn’t entirely evil”. Because it isn’t. I just don’t agree that the solution is to make the Alliance get hit with the villain bat in the same way the Horde did… because Horde players, myself included, rightfully were kinda bummed about how hard we got villain batted. It sucked. The Alliance… you could feel good about serving Anduin. Not so much Sylvanas.

But again, the solution is not to make the Alliance get hit with the same awful villain bat to make the Horde feel better. Both factions should have good and evil in them. Both, I’d argue, should be more good than evil.

My beautiful thread…

5 Likes