Tyrande got her revenge

1 Like

Hot

(10char)

9 Likes

i disagree.
if the alliance is boring that is because the writers are the ones who make them boring if they just focus in 1 or 2 characters.

i really like most characters if not all in the alliance.
i loved muradin in wc3 so i was happy when he returned.
Then… he was forgotten.
Blizzard also choses to ignore any potential conflict for whatever reason or greater threat that we have to focus.
The potential to make the alliance interesting is there, but blizzard just doesn’t care.
The lightforged draenie and the void elves should IMPLODE.
maybe some alliance leaders trying to calm down the dark irons who were killing people in dazarlazor?
what about anduin releasing saurfang without telling everyone?
what about jaina saving baine and risking her life for him that could have cost everything to the alliance?

or genn having disagreements?
to have some personality?
what is the point to have different characters when they may as well don’t exist and that if you replace them wiith a cardboard you will not see the difference. ?

but if you support blizzard making one of the playable faction boring to play hey, that’s cool.
because just writing about 1 or 2 characters is not enough.

11 Likes

For real?

Wow - totally not my intention - I wrote it with great affection. Given the prior conversation I honestly thought you would find it funny!

If you are serious, please confirm and I will delete!

Edit: I would prefer to have sent this message privately but that option doesn’t seem to be available on the new and improved forums. Am I missing something?

They should get Carmageddon writing the Steamy Romance Novels. That was great. Hmm apparently I did not click the right option when deciding where this was posted. Oh well it’s still true. Still think it needs a proper “human potential” joke though.

3 Likes

No no, you’re good Car, I’m joking. Sorry, I should be more careful with authentic and unironic! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Grandblade right now:

12 Likes

Put in emoji, next time, to signal jest. Even tho you despise them, generally :wink:

1 Like

You know me.

i don’t get it, shandris says that “there must be vengeance for teldrassil” still.

so… maybe these devs said things that they don’t know?, or maybe, someone taken their words out of context?

like, there is no way that a valkyr counts as revenge.

8 Likes

What does Blizzard tell a Priestess of Elune that has two black eyes?

Nothing they haven’t already told her twice.

13 Likes

Agreed. It’s an odd way to spell reclaimed.

2 Likes

Maybe they’re thinking of the torture and death that some of the Daelyrn’s forces did to Forsaken they captured. See! there’s your “grey” Alliance!

It’s an expansion about war, in a game about war. There are losers in wars. Justice is served only in hindsight, when the winners write the history books.

Yeah, well they could’ve picked another race to lose big… instead of you know, the race that’s been losing big since Warcraft 3.

Have the night elves even had a victory since the Third War that didn’t just break even for them- but ended up in a net gain?

11 Likes

Kind of? They won their lands back from Garrosh’s Horde, albeit offscreen. And they’ve been instrumental in neutral victories like Hyjal (both times) and Val’sharah. They do tend to break even, instead of gain anything new, but that’s because they’re not really expansionists. They mostly just want to be left alone with what they have, instead of going out and conquering new things.

6 Likes

I understand that, but something else could have been done instead of screwing over Night Elves and their respective player/fan base.

You can say what you want. Teldrassil was a terrible story decision and the fact that the story team isn’t even going to bother to give it proper justice is a severe shortsight. But hey, atleast we got more sad orcs and humans, right?

11 Likes

Difference between a story and real life is that a story is not written by the winners, but by the writers.

Stories are escapism for a reason. To get away from real life crap.

17 Likes

Teldrassil was a great story decision and the evacuation quest was the most heart wrenching quest Blizzard has ever put in the game.

Its true that Blizzard has watered down the effect in subsequent story decisions by trying to make a scapegoat of Sylvanas instead of following through with the fact that Teldrassil was but the culmination of a war of aggression launched with the agreement of the entire Horde. That doesn’t change the fact that Teldrassil was a good story decision, though; it just means they blew it afterwards.

Some people like happy endings; some people like tragedies. Can’t please all of them. The Saurfang/Thrall “pretend to be good while slaughtering innocents new Horde” contingent is definitely getting a happy ending here.

1 Like

I’mma make it happen.

Watch your Discord, Granny.

2 Likes