Tyrande, Beloved Character [Spoilers]

Why so intellectually dishonest today, Amadis? That isn’t the moment wherein the Night Elves won Darkshore. :roll_eyes:

I’m pretty sure the final moment was winning the Darkshore Warfront proper itself. But the introductory questing was part of it over all as well. So was Malfurion cutting off Horde supply lines. Defeating the Orcs and Trolls and others in the introductory questing softened up the Horde, and then the warfront proper was probably the final blow. It’s all connected steps, though.

1 Like

Yes, agreed.

Sure. It was the first part of a long siege that ended betwixt the night elves/worgen and the undead/goblins.
Emphasis on long.

I’m not sure on long. Pretty sure in canon there was only two rounds of the warfront proper itself. First the Horde’s version (despite Alliance gameplay wise having gotten to do it first) then the Alliance version for the final win. That doesn’t seem very long, with afterwards just being sweeping up Darkshore as seen in the Alliance world quests.

But then the triumphant Army of the Black Moon didn’t join Anduin and Saurfang, so we can’t really say how numbers would have compared without them.

Mind you, the Night Elves’ army was heading down to Silithus to counter the Horde’s army that looked like it was heading down to Silithus before it made its feint for the War of the Thorns.

4 Likes

Sorry to bump this, but since shadowlands is over we can see where we are at since these interviews (plus Amadis made a good thread on this and I had forgotten about these interviews). I was not surprised really by the outcome we got.

When Danuser says:

I hope that Night Elf players get to see a new side of her and their culture in a way.

We didn’t get to see a new side of her or “their” culture in shadowlands. I feel the cut patch they said did not exist was going to explore that more. But who knows, Tyrande and the night elves were not relevant to the expansion and maybe they thought Tyrande just showing up in Ardenweald was a definitive moment for the character and the night elves.

As per Morgan Day, Tyrande getting a “Very big role” in Ardenweald, lmao.

11 Likes

Oh gosh, I remember this thread, wow. Already two years ago, and we were still a year out from Shadowlands at the time, too. 8.3 hadn’t even come out yet, and we assumed there was going to be something more.

We had no clue at the time that their solution would be to detach Elune almost entirely from night elf themes and culture, yeesh.

8 Likes

Haha yeah, it’s nice to sometimes look back on things like this so we can see what “wait and see” gets us.

4 Likes

Sad part is, we all know better but we still remain hopeful/fall for their nonsense :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“Maybe this time it will be different!”

2 Likes