Ty For Defending the LGBTQIA2S+ Community

Apparently the fact that he feels having this discussion with his child is “offensive and bigoted”.

3 Likes

The only pride I care about.
American pride.
:us: :hamburger: :fries: :gun:

8 Likes

He tweeted that a certain group of people should “leave little children alone”

4 Likes

Wait a second why are you sponsoring French fries if you’re pro America?

:astonished: (This was sarcasm by the way.)

Moo!

FREEDOM*

3 Likes

With the month celebrating this, the days of visibility, etc. I know Biden & team are going to make sure we see the straight visibility day soon.

I actually need someone to celebrate me being straight. Knowing I am that way myself is no longer working. I like few others are also apparently the minority now.

Sarcasm off

The fact that you need me to celebrate any decision in life is absolutely positively idiotic. I won’t do it. I don’t have to be mean about it. The truth is we all play a video game, you can make a female character, or a male character within the video game no one has to know anything about you. WHY? Because you are hiding behind a toon, and chat. The only way any one knows anything about you is because you tell them about you.

Its like I don’t tell people I am straight in the game cause honestly I don’t care to tell them. The fact that you bring this idiotic garbage into a play space that this garbage nor any other real life garbage is what wrong with Blizzard as a company.

People play the game as an escape, a reality where we can live or play as we want. You bringing real world politics into that escape should be punishable. Because you are ruining peoples escape from a life that is hard enough without politics.

3 Likes

he is talking about the schools it started with the Glendale CA SchoolBoard meeting
insendent he did not say anything about any groups

[Not about this thread in particular, just in general]

Forcing an apology is making someone acknowledge an offense or failure by force, which sometimes helps people who have been hurt by something. If someone can make an apology, or at least agree to one, there’s some part of them that acknowledges that what they did hurt somebody. For some people, that’s important.

For example, if someone hits you with a pole because they turned around while holding it and they didn’t care to look, you might want them to know they hit you with that pole, so maybe they can do something about it, or at least be a little more careful in the future.

In this case, that doesn’t seem useful, because the difference is that this person doesn’t believe that they did anything wrong. Skipping ahead to the impact, there is none. So it doesn’t matter if they know that they hurt someone or not, because they don’t care and it won’t impact their actions or statements in the future.

1 Like

Make of it what you will.

2 Likes

So a short two sentence tweet that has little context about his intent or even what he means gets a product he paid for removed? I’m assuming he paid for it.

I’ll probably get reported for this but I myself feel much the same. The LGBT community and issues revolve around some very complex and nuanced issues that even adults struggle with. I don’t think it should be taught in elementary school where children have no idea whats going on (its the same reason I don’t support the pledge of allegiance being taught to small children.) If its being taught in sex ed than it should be up to the parents to allow or disallow their children to attend as per normal as it infringes upon religious freedoms. I get that may upset people but its a fundamental right all humans have as is being able to express your sexuality. But you have to be old enough to have a sexuality to express.

As long as he didn’t sign a moral clause contract or feature their product during this tweet or other discussions about this matter I don’t know why any company would get involved. It seems like a bit of a witch trial.

Moo!

5 Likes

And of course the thread was moved to minimize responses…

4 Likes

So… you think people choose to be lgtbq?

In general no, I think most people do not choose their sexuality. However I have had some tell me that yes this was the case and argue for it.

However if you do not choose it than its an even worse proposition as you take pride in something you did not achieve. Its something I’ve always had problems with in regards to the community. Its one thing to accept who you are and feel good about yourself, its another to have pride in that as pride indicates

a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

Yet its not an achievement nor is it something that something that should be admired as it cost you nothing to attain it.

Ow my ears!

Freedom chili fries?

1 Like

It’s people take pride in the fact they continue to live their lives of who they are despite the constant attacks and certain governments trying to outlaw it

Less “celebrate me for existing”

In those countries I can see that here in the US no I really don’t. I long ago left the community as it became less about attaining rights we didn’t have and more about well trying to manipulate other peoples emotions and an attempt at thought control.

I despise the manipulative behaviors of the movement.

2 Likes

This happens just after Blizz indefinitely suspends Maldiva from WoW Esports for saying “wrong think” on twitter as well.

Protecting children and telling the truth is a virtue, but somehow thats been twisted in our upside down world.

2 Likes

Yes, in the US and other western countries as well

There are organizations rallying against outlawing everything about it still, so yep makes sense to keep those things

Hell look at how many states are outlawing any gendering confirming stuff for adults as well

1 Like

I’ll be honest I don’t know much about it and long ago left the conversation when I was accused of bigotry for questioning aspects of trans joining sports teams and the bathroom issues.

I refuse to have conversations with those who try to manipulate me into supporting them by calling me names. Moral outrage does not move me but rather makes me more firm in where I stand. Because of this they lost someone who perhaps would have supported them on many other issues.

I don’t know here if adults is a weasel word (want to make it clear that this is not an accusation.) By adult do we mean 18+ and what are they outlawing?

The sports thing is way blown out of proportion, heck the last one I remember seeing didn’t even place high in the competition

The effects of estrogen/testosterone on your body is massive, like it’s obviously not a cut and dry topic since obviously a guy who just claims to be a woman to compete there would be at a large advantage (not sure this actually happens) vs someone who’s been on blockers for years

I don’t get the bathroom issue tbh, it’s a bathroom people just take a wizz and leave, maybe use the mirror

Just th first article I grabbed on adult transgender people being harmed by the laws rampantly being passed

1 Like