Ty blizz for the policy update

I am delighted by this change and I indeed hope it slows down the shear bulk of booster spam in the chat channel.
If folks want to be and or feel useless and pay in game golds for the ‘privilege’ to feel that way, power to them. To me that’s what being ‘carried’ looks like, and I’d rather be second place than do that myself.
But I’m not sad that Blizz has put a kink in the folks that went pro at it .

Folks tanking their pvp rating so they can exploit a matchmaking system meant to create a level playing field for the sole purpose of ‘selling’ carries, is an exploit in the simplest of terms. They are cheating. They are cheating so they can make gold and rmt.

Low level arenas are unplayable now for anyone not willing to spend money. Explain to me again how boosting didn’t ruin that part of the game? I like pvp when it’s fair. This modern version of wow has created one crappy system.

Have you read any of my comments? O.o I agree with you.

1 Like

Your best judgement is to ignore information and report people regardless?

If you’re reporting all boosters you are in fact breaking the rules

Defrauding or Attempting to Defraud

Attempts to defraud include, but are not limited to, misdirecting attention, withholding information, providing false information, and any attempt to trick customer support.

If they say their guild is doing the boost you have no reason to report them

It makes perfect sense.

There’s an accessibility issue for players to get to higher content. No way to practice content without providing some disappointment to others, which makes learning strategy difficult. How many times do you have to deal with leavers when you wipe once or twice? Especially M+, that’s the most toxic content to learn as a new player. Without third party guides, learning how to play a class is a mountain to climb. This ban doesn’t stop boosting, it makes getting scammed easier and ultimately makes the game less inviting to newer players because there is no learning community.

Youre such a troll :rofl: yup, let’s believe everyone on the internet. I just met a really cute girl in goldshire, she doesn’t have voicechat but she is hot, it couldn’t possibly be a neck beard man in his basement… you’re innocent to the point of ignorance if you believe everything you see online.

I was just amplifying your correct assessment. The question part is for the larger community of folks who think it is okay to exploit rated pvp to the point it has gotten to now. How can you make an e-sport out of a game that encourages cheats?

1 Like

My bad, thought you were asking me :rofl:

There are guide videos all over YouTube friend. The way to combat the “disappointment” you talk about is to simply communicate with your team mates. “Hey guys, haven’t done this before so any tips would be appreciated.” “Hey guys, I’ve done this as a +5 but not as a +10, any major differences?”.

Define trolling as I don’t think my statement fits within any known definition.

I don’t recall saying this only that you would have no reason to report someone if they say their guild is the one doing the carry.

It could be either, you have no way of knowing until meeting the person.

I also don’t recall saying this.

I’m glad for that. Now I can talk to ppl in treade chat without interruptions.

Thats twice in the last few comments xoxo

Edit: I’ve made my points, we disagree. No point replying to you again as we are just talking in circles.

Trade chat isn’t made for that.

So in those two comments you read “I believe everything everyone online says”

Where?

Alright, farewell friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t post much nowadays but this change is a step in the right direction that I never thought would happen. A lot of my faith in the future of the game has been restored, I couldn’t be happier. Anything that gets in the way of those spammers/scammers is a huge win in my book.

Rock on!

You realize people are more likely to be scammed when there isn’t a central discord to go to and verify stuff right?

If you’re afraid of being scammed then I would suggest going with the best guild on your realm that sells carries :+1:

Yup which is going to kneecap all the mid tier guilds

They’ll have to undercut :laughing:

I think a lot will just quit blizz really hasn’t thought this through.

They are also guilds. They also have a lot to give to the community in many ways; they are certainly not disrupting trade chat or being a nuisance. That was the actual problem, not the boosting itself.