Ty blizz for the policy update

Better than having blatant spambots drive out new players when they reach orgrimmar.

3 Likes

Yeah the very first thing i’ve done when i started playing retail wow was check the trade channel on orgrimmar, definately threw me off

3 Likes

thank you so much. this is a great start to healing the game we enjoy so much will out being forced to pay to win

1 Like

Its kinda jarring especially if you join a populated server from a dead one

3 Likes

The other issue is all the “bank” slush funding that must make it extremely hard on support to track dirty money or to prevent economic abuse.

IIRC some of these communities will hold items like legendaries hostage and drive up the price for everyone, by using said slush funds to do so.

I don’t envy whichever employees have to track all the mule and bank/storage toons these communities employ.

Yes Yes! Booster tears, delicious.

Great move from Blizzard. Keep on working on game integrity and play time experience.

There will be more players in the +2 to +7 now that they have to actually play the game.

Great !

4 Likes

Bruh, boosters autoflagged OP’s post /after/ a blue post posted here.

The salt is real.

1 Like

Replace the word communities with companies then the perspective changes. Just with real life when companies get to big they can begin to monopolize and manipulate. Often the bigger something gets the fewer that truly benefit.

A good game example would be what is happing in the game New World. Companies ( or guilds ) are creating shell companies and monopolizing entire servers. Many selling all their extra in game currency for real money. What was thought to be a core game features is destroying the game.

Here is a good point. Instead of the all or nothing +15 boosts going on there will be a wider range of skill levels being played. Instead of those mighty few " communities " keeping everything in their all or nothing pockets.

1 Like

One of the communities that was the forefront of causing this on NA side is planning on making “guilds” on multiple realms for “guild” runs. Will this loophole be stopped?

This is either a play to make everyone server transfer to a viable server, and paying for a transfer, or be required to buy tokens to sell on viable servers, which likey means extra gold sitting on toons you don’t play.

It doesn’t do anything besides add a few more hurles and time gates. Just make a separate channel, so we can go back to anal jokes in trade against.

Many are pointing out that these organizations are “rich and will simply make new advertising accounts if they get banned.” IS there a way to effectively enforce this so that these organizations are the ones punished and NOT so that ONLY individuals and guilds will be ACCIDENTALLY punished? It seems GD is of the opinion that is ALL these changes will result in, accidental punishment of unintentional targets. (And that it has already taken effect in game today with players reporting any and all advertisements in trade) Can you somehow assuage this impression?

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried, instead of spewing wrong info, why not go look at the boosting places. Announcements have been made, we have always worked within TOS that blizzard made

If the guilds are being treated connected they’re now a community and subject to the same penalty.

Giant loophole meets giant wide-reaching interpretation for GMs to employ.

Thank you blizz, this was great news!

I actually disagree with their concerns, I’d just like their noise to pipe down and a little more blue clarification and reassurance would go a long ways.

I didn’t spew any incorrect INFO, I consolidated stated concerns and experiences being expressed by other players causing all this noise.

Then from what I understand from what Kaivax & the Blizzard announcement said, you should be good.

If you’re not using a middleman, aka escrow or advertiser and who does advertising in a disruptive way, you’re good to go.

Just wanted to thank you blizzard for the changes. Even though I have never unlocked KEYSTONE master achievement. I do enjoy trying to get it. Its fun to laugh with guildies and players being like “so I pugged a DOS 12 the other day, we did the double pull at beginning forgot to hero and wiped so the party disbanded lol”, but if people take the path of least resistance and buying becomes more relevant then the conversations sounds like this “well guildies my check just hit my account today so you know what that means, time to get keystone master”. Then they reply “cool you going to buy us one too? no oh then why tell us about it”. Once again thank you blizzard, its going to clear up the group finder listing and chat channels too

Well then I’m sorry to you valestia

I didn’t read every post

1 Like

Almost like that was done on purpose.

Looks like a lot of people are trying to skirt the policy so they can keep boosting.