Ty blizz for the policy update

That’s what an escrow is, a third party….
Boosting is still allowed just needs to be between two parties only.

1 Like

Can’t trade gold cross realm as far as I’m aware. So if a guild is inviting people cross realm, wouldn’t that be considered a community?

So, for example: If I decide to be an advertiser for my guild, will I be able to receive gold from other realms besides my guild’s own realm? Without intermediaries or communities, ofc.

It would be equal gold for all 4 keys to all 4 people no advertising no community cuts just friends post the 4 keys they have in trade and taking full gold per key per player

Advertising is not escrow.

Escrow is more like HuokonBankOfTichondrius paying me in Tichondrius gold and accepting the gold from an AzjolNerub buyer on HuokonBankOfAzjolNerub, with no transfer to facilitate that paying of the Tichondrius boosters.

It’s also basically holding money for someone else, more than just that that I listed. Being a third party to the transaction (advertising) is not escrow, but being the moneyholder for them is escrow.

If you pay an advertiser for your guild, that’s not escrow.

8 Likes

Hopefully this props back up sustainability per server. Although several years late, so long as said change is not made when no one is playing/servers are gone, it can do good eventually.

1 Like

Or maybe they value their time and don’t want to spend doing something they have already before on 1 toon. After my 3rd alt I don’t want to put ksm on the 4th one or sit in que getting declined because my ilvl is not 10 ilvls above the required ilvl for said content

4 Likes

So you’re just screwing people over who want easy access to spend in game gold in exchange for services they otherwise wont experience. Nice, hope it works out for you giving the middle finger to probably the majority of your playerbase that you have left. Have fun with that

10 Likes

Carries aren’t going anywhere.
All this policy will do is herd the buyers to the guilds that want to make gold, which is good.

2 Likes

Community council had our backs and blizzard finally listened to feedback. The boosting was completely ridiculous and spammed almost every facet of the game.

3 Likes

Beeing allowed isn’t the same as beeing remotely practical. The policy update makes it way harder to sell those services because of that. It is way harder to sell a plate funnel to someone because you’d have to find 4 plate “guildies” available at that time, something you could easily achieve on a cross-realm group, but how do you split the payment on a cross-realm sell when theres no middleman ? I mean even finding those cross-realm plate players will be harder without the communities. The policy seems so arbitrary. Why does blizzard consider BIG AND VERY ORGANIZED communities a bad thing, when all they do is make the game more enjoyable to many more players? Communities bring people together, and it’s kind of fantastic to see how organized they can be. Beeing a part of it made me enjoy this game so much more, and now you guys come up with that, thinking that somehow that policy is good for the game. The policy won’t stop trade chat spam, it will just change from “ONLY GOLD” to “insertyourrmtsitehere . c o m” and jokes about Thunderfury or “Bengals Joe BRRR”, not to mention what it will cause to the insane amount of druids farming herbs and ores. Such an arbitrary decision with a trade-off so bad that it’s hard to believe it’s actually real.

3 Likes

I think they are going for the middleman here.

huh, why make yourself look dumb…
the policy update still allows for in-game gold transactions for a carry etc. just not by these big groups.

This is simply against the spamming etc. which was getting outta hand.

:man_shrugging:

Sorry sgtshorty, just quoting your quote of the policy change. For OP who doesn’t understand a few things.

2 Likes

“If it means an exchange of gold without a middleman entity, then it sounds like the same sort of guild activities Blizzard has been profiting off of for a couple of years via WoW token sales, thus is not the focus of this policy update.”

Fixed for you. Language like this just insults everyone’s intelligence here.

2 Likes

its great news, but are you preparing to launch cross-factions for dugeons and raids ?

Because Sanctum of domination, was hard for alliance players, even in first week was so hard to find people to do raid, taking hours to get a heal in queue

For sure right now, horde dont need it, but ally playeres need be able to play the game

i just bought sylv hc kill on ally because theres almost no people to do it on Ally

4 Likes

What’s your problem now? Blizzard was profiting indirectly from this but even they saw that the modern boosting situation was getting out of hand and acted accordingly, especially because big parts of the community hated it.
After these changes I have a little bit more respect for Blizzard because they chose to let profits go and tackle a problem.

2 Likes

What about guilds with one or more middle men of their own? Since it is likely the communities will dissolve themselves into guilds like that and continue operating in largely the same way just on a more local scale

1 Like

Glad I can actually read the memes in tradechat now that boosters are gonna be cracked down on

6 Likes

So if you are a guild that has a presence on say 2 realms and does an M+ for gold and someone pays a character from another realm that is ok as long as you not advertising across realms?

I feel like this policy has a lot of grey areas not defined

Yeah cause that’s what the trade chat should be for, memes. That coming from a community council member… painful

5 Likes