TWW Pathfinder: Whats the Point?

No really they are making decisions based on metrics and right now the metrics show that not enough people are engaging with DR given they spent a lot of resources to make DR into the game and available for pre 70 content.

They have not seen a return on their investment and they are digging in their heels. As a result people that prefer or need TBC flying are once again treated as a sub standard customer. But we all pay the same $15/month or close to it.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

2 Likes

Weird how almost everyone I see is engaging with it.

1 Like

Blizz making it miserable to get around on the ground drove players to that. Trash mobs every inch, janky terrain that you get stuck on, everything being up a switchback mountain, in a cave, etc.

3 Likes

First of all the design of terrain before WoD wasn’t as punishing to traverse with a ground mount. See classic versions of the game for some examples.

2 Likes

Yes arthritis, and I tripped and broke some smaller bones on the underside of my hand at the beginning of Covid. I didn’t have it looked at due to the lockdown. Now it’s kinda messed up.

1 Like

I’d just call it pettiness from Ion and company. They want dynamic flight to be the thing and are willing to brow beat people into it by making static flight a chore in comparison to obtain.

Look forward to “People love dynamic flight, so many are using it!” quotes after manufacturing the circumstances to make sure it happens.

5 Likes

Ooof, that’s awful, I am sorry that happened to you. :dracthyr_heart:

Definitely disagree with this.

1 Like

This is extremely false.

1 Like

They are known for getting their information from trustme.bro

3 Likes

does dragonriding really require that much more engagement though

normal flight: get enough height so you dont end up running into a mountain or something, toggle autorun, alt tab
dragonriding: get enough height so you dont end up running into a mountain or something, position yourself at a slight downward angle, alt tab

3 Likes

Dragonriding requires hitting the space bar multiple times. Normal flight only requires holding it down.

This makes “Normal flight” actually become “fully semi-automatic assault flight” and thus needs to be banned.

If you lack an eye and i don’t i am not abled…no my friend you would be disabled.

If you lack hands and cant play the game I am not abled you are disabled.

The world does not revolve around the disabled. You see when you add dis to the word able. you take away from the meaning of the word able. Able is the norm, disabled is the “not norm”

If the norm wish’s to extend aid to the not norm it is the prerogative of the norm to do so not an obligation.

Fortunately for the disabled our culture does seek to help the disabled , fortunately for the disabled we have found technological ways to assist the disabled. We are not obligated to do this we do it as an act of charity, a gift to the disabled.

No person is entitled to a gift.

press “skyward ascent” every so often? not really.

But I’m also one of those weird people who just take a flight path if I’m gonna travel somewhere while AFK.

Since you work for them prove it.

4 Likes

I was doing mining in the older zones before WotLK launched so you can disagree to your hearts content.

In other words I can objectively state that the pre BC zones were designed to traverse with ground mounts alone.

It is not my “opinion”.

To reach all of thorium mining nodes you had to do it by foot or ground mounts in the pre BC zones.

So, yes the OG maps were designed to traverse easier by foot/ground mounts than WoD and newer expansions. In fact there are many mining nodes WoD and onwards with the subsequent expansions designed to only be obtained through flying methods.

1 Like

You made the claim honey. Proving it is on you.

And they told us that dragonriding was so popular that’s why it was extended to old world.

Keep trolling.

1 Like

No, the thread title is Pathfinder, What is the point?

So you are the one that needs to prove why patchfinder needs to exist still.

I am merely making an observation as to why would BlizZard go out of their way to deliberately punish disabled players or those with motion sickness.

4 Likes

Now you’re just tossing out strawmans. I quoted this:

That is what you have to prove. Which you can’t. And you know it. And you refuse to acknowledge what I said, so you change the subject.

I already addressed why Blizzard thinks static flying needs locked. You went off on the metrics of dragonriding tangent, which you have zero proof of.

I’m not even entertaining this nonsense further.

The proof is in the pudding.

Not enough people are participating with Dragon Riding so they are trying to arm twist people to use DR once again.

That is enough 'evidence" and “proof”.

At this point do you need proof that inflation is more than 3% worldwide? Those types of people are lost causes as they will never “get it”.

4 Likes