TWW Pathfinder: Whats the Point?

How does irrelevant enemies add substance?

Why does it matter to you how other people play the game?

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Maybe if the devs would make the choice that allows the most freedom, hint: it’s allowing both versions of flying, then you wouldn’t see these kinds of threads.

You seem to be against regular flying. I’ve yet to see an actual reason for it though.

8 Likes

Why is it you think that the best way to incentivize dynamic flight is to make it feel bad to play the game for people with accessibility issues?

The game is now less accessible thanks to changes that came with mandatory dragonriding. This only inconveniences people who struggled with it. Making it possible to play the game only when you have a friend to carry you 100% of the time isn’t a useful feature.

10 Likes

Regularly flying is mechanically superior to work with, even if its less fun. If they both went the same speed, regularly flying would simply be better to use and nobody would want to use dynamic flight anymore (aside from die-hard “the experience is better” fans).

6 Likes

but static flying is relaxing, dynamic flying stresses me out. :frowning:

I mean tbh, both ways “engages” you with the system. One just gets you there like a hyped up kid running on too much sugar, and the other is for old timers like myself…who like to (as the pandas would say) “Slow down. Life is to be savored.”

sigh gonna be using the ground mount again.

11 Likes

should lock the significantly faster flight method that poses accessibility issues behind pathfinder. makes more sense to me.

especially if the new zones are designed larger with dragonflying in mind a la DF

ive alt tabbed while crossing zones using both methods of flight

4 Likes

There’s no good point for TWW Pathfinder. They’re just trying to prop up their new DF main feature.

2 Likes

I never need to flag myself in order to lay the game and I’m betting neither do you.

People not engaging with the content properly using stealth. maybe it needs a pathfinder too.

9 Likes

With the way they design new zones, 80% of a chance there will be a cliff to camp on to monitor mob movement, then jump in. With that you might as well be jovering over them. Same result and requires “0 thinking”.

Ever heard of charecter boost?

5 Likes

I don’t know why they think it’s OK to take my flight form every expansion then to demand a grind to get it back.

11 Likes

Stealth is a class mechanic, not an evergreen. Maybe flight should only be available to some classes so your point can stand on its own.

It’s just Ion being… Ion.

I mean, if dynamic is the superior form of flight, shouldn’t it be the one locked behind pathfinder?

I love dynamic, but this decision has no logic. We should start with the old slow version of flight, and get an “upgrade” at max level. It is after all, a game about progression. This would also keep those that either can’t or won’t use dynamic happy.

8 Likes

You never did answer my question

1 Like

I will tell you why the metrics are showing that TBC flying is very popular. Current BlizZard is heavily reliant with data metrics farming.

They tried attaching as many poison pills as possible to make TBC flying less popular but it is not working.

But do you need data metrics to clearly show that some people prefer TBC flying for personal reasons? Furthermore, some people had to share their own disabilities to clearly communicate to them the mistakes they were making?

Like I said the war against flying has been a dark, dark stain on the legacy of WoW for a long time.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

9 Likes

Flight is more precise, try landing right where you need, to avoid angering some Mobs, or getting a chest precariously placed. I have no secret I got most of my chests after I got Normal flight. I use Soaring to get from a to b, but when it comes to gathering or doing things quickly i use flight.

3 Likes

It should just be available from day 1 imo

They already hinted they’re going to continue the Dragonriding gimmick from early on, so might as well let people earn Pathfinder from early on as well. Let the player choose what they prefer

2 Likes

Its not arbitrary, that implies no real reason. Blizz have a reason most just don’t agree with it. It is what it is and has been for a very long time. Lets stop kicking this dead horse.

what are we rats in a cage? Why do you need an reward to unlock something we want.

1 Like

Because not enough players are engaging with DR so they are going to try to pump up the numbers someway with arm twisting to justify it all to the bean counters given how many resources went into making DR.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

2 Likes

BS.

Like everyone I see mounted is using DR. I almost never see anyone on a regular mount

1 Like