TWW Pathfinder: Whats the Point?

YES!

Look I enjoy platformer games. I adore Mario. However jump puzzles have ZERO place in wow. I hate them so much. I did some recently in Zereth Mortis and they’re literally the opposite of fun. All I felt was frustration. Now that I have flying unlocked there, the place ain’t near as bad as it was.

8 Likes

I love dragon riding, I have caught myself just soaring while i wait for dungeon or raid to Queue. I am seriously thinking of some flight simulators as a game

1 Like

You missed the point of what I was responding to. It’s not that there’s people who prefer TbC flying, never stated there wasn’t. I’m just mocking the notion that the majority of people playing hate Dynamic and don’t use it, which is provably false.

This doesn’t make any sense.

dragon riding is gliding, not actual flight. It uses gliding mechanics normally seen in other games that features gliding mechanics. There is a whole genre of games for it.

No I didn’t. You asked if there was even anyone here that prefers old flying here, I am one.

And your proof is?

3 Likes

call it normal flying…

painfinder should be removed.

6 Likes

And acting like WoW is a specific genre that excludes certain things is odd since it’s never been.

Yeah you missed the sarcasm.

looks around and sees everyone using Dynamic

1 Like

The vast majority of people using DR everywhere I go :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

WoW is an MMORPG, with mechanics found in other MMORPG’s.

No, I’m being tongue in cheek.

Funny, I look around and see no one around in the world other then lvler’s.

Where is the people then?

3 Likes

And the fact that Blizz said it’s so popular, that’s why they extended it to old world content.

1 Like

It won’t be a year, it will be three days, or the time to hit max level now. Or so Ion says.

Clearly his opinion has evolved in ten years.

There are ways around this like putting those puzzles inside or just disabling flight in the area. I seem to recall a quest in the waking shores involving vortexes you need to evade and DR is disabled in the area.

they did this in SL…

1 Like

even if not before, certainly now it should be.
Its sadistic to let those who can handle DRing have it day one then make those who have problems with motion sickness, motor skills, whatever, have to wait to get old flight.
Having hard time believing we’re having this same stupid conversation again.

6 Likes

Yeah the “but the jump puzzles” argument has always been a cope.

Disabling flight is flipping a switch for them and they’ve made that pretty apparent.

3 Likes

tomato, tomato.
Shouldnt be there at all. That it is says hes just holding on to PF for spite.
If its ‘only three days’ then that just says it SHOULD be removed entirely

2 Likes

Seconded. Returning to WoW just in time for Dragonflight static flight, as a druid main who thus rules open world content, I am not looking forward to my quick, static hoparound bat form being dynamic flight for the first… however long we’ll wait for static flight.

Static flight is definitely a big carrot for me personally, because both forms of flight have their place in my daily routine. Dynamic for crossing entire zones, static for expediting movement around “this specific quest location.”

7 Likes

I think flight form gets dynamic flight so you can at least use it right away, unless blizz locks the newly upgraded mounts behind pathfinder as well

1 Like

Yes aaaaand?

Sucks to be on your server then, i see people all the time in capital cities, in Valdrakken, in the Dream.

1 Like

You mean the lobby? where people just stand around all day waiting to be qued and not flying?

This ain’t a gliding genre cheif. If anyone wanted to play those, they won’t be playing WoW. that’s the “And” ok mr. :clown_face:

5 Likes

The dream is the latest zone, and no I don’t mean people afking, I mean flying overhead.

… wat