TWW Pathfinder for Normal flight

At this point we know what we need to do.

Keep the pressure up.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

What exactly is wrong?

Where you hit max level is irrelevant.

We’re talking about requirements.

They told us War Within requirements were:

• leveling campaign
  • exploration
  • hit max level

Moused is raging that it’s the leveling campaign. But they told us it’s the leveling campaign.

So what exactly is inaccurate?

Literally have people telling us in beta it’s more ground mount friendly and you aren’t locked out like you were for Thaldrazsus.

5 Likes

Let the Holy Flying Wars commence.

:thinking:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

It’s the leveling campaign. The same one you had to do in DF to unlock world quests.

6 Likes

That hasn’t been the case in 17 years. It’s irrelevant.

2 Likes

Okay

“This hasn’t been the case in 11 years. It’s irrelevant.”

“This hasn’t been the case in 14 years. It’s irrelevant.”

Thats what it was before.

DF Pathfinder needed Emerald Dream content to unlock.

If anything, this is earlier.

So, I am going to put this out there. I am disabled, I have no troubles with Skyriding/dragonriding. Even with Arthritis and nerve damage I am able to use Skyriding effectively enough to get around. And enjoy doing so.

Now having played the Beta it is very ground friendly so you don’t need Skyriding to get around. You will be able to easily unlock old flying without using Skyriding. Blizzard is not discriminating against anyone.

8 Likes

I think DF made the mistake of making zones that is not very friendly for those who do have disabilities.

The only one that really gave me trouble was Thaldrassuz. There was so much going on that my brain would sometimes blank on details.

It’s not your fault it’s theirs for not making the zones friendly for those who are disabled.

1 Like

do we need a pathfinder for running?

1 Like

Fine by me, complete the zones, unlock a constant run speed for your characters

Yuck, I hate having to do all those quest lines. Sounds like what blizz would do though. It’s the time played metric again.

3 Likes

don’t think so, I did ED on real flying…

1 Like

You use the original argument from the first time pathfinder was implemented/ you must have missed the massive and incessant threads (after thread after thread…) debating that.

In the end I think it’s a horrid excuse. It’s the “hey we did this big promotion and we were really bragging our game would give flight — then after flight happened wait players USED IT!’”

Then devs cried they are skipping over my beautiful art or wait they flew right to the quest mob and skipped all the trash? That’s an outrage!

Seriously every excuse you just summarized is weak and pathetic on blizzards part. Really all those college educated minds with tons of game design talent and years of experience didn’t realize how people would use flight?

Gimme a break.

3 Likes

Not even that. It’s directly and literally ableism.

They actively admit that skyriding is not disability friendly and add accessibility options to make it “better” for those with the issues.

However, regular flight fixes 90% of the issues people who do have problems with skyriding have.

They’re gating an accessibility feature behind an achievement.

Imagine if colorblind mode required completing every dungeon/raid without it first.

Or if the new arachnophobia mode required you killing 1000 spider enemies.

It doesn’t matter how “easy” the achievement is - accessibility should NEVER be gated.

12 Likes

This is exactly what it is. Blizzard is run by some childish people who can never just straight up give players what they want…there always has to be some passive-aggressive BS conditions attached to any acquiescence to player demands. It’s very sad.

5 Likes

It is when Blizzard is still being petty and spiteful about TBC flying.

It is when the person I was talking to claimed they started trying to remove flying in TBC.

The 5k TBC cost of a flying speed (not actual flying itself) hasn’t been relevant since then. It’s never ever ever been that expensive (comparatively) in 17 years. I wish people would stop bringing that up.

3 Likes