TWW Pathfinder for Normal flight

Obviously.

And for now it is still an option. The whole thread is pointless because we know it’s an option in TWW

1 Like

I think the original point of the thread is not that it exists, but that some folks don’t like that is still being gated behind completing other tasks, and would prefer that it be available right away alongside Skyriding.

8 Likes

This part isn’t really necessary, friend.

The posters voicing concern don’t care if you AFK on a taxi bro. They’re talking about you sitting AFK hovering over the ground for whatever reason. That was primarily a PVP issue.

Sorry not sorry, not going to put up with petulance from that other poster.

I used to enjoy world PvP from time to time, especially when you get one group vs another battling over an area.

It got boring pretty quickly when people in both groups just hovered in mid air waiting for someone to land.

I haven’t used warmode in Dragonflight, but it would be frustrating to just get divebombed at 900% speed or whatever it is while trying to kill a rare or whatever. You would never even see them coming.

At least when you’re grounded you can watch your surroundings, or use the terrain for tactical advantage, either on offense or defense.

2 Likes

Ok, though I didn’t get that sense from them at all.

Most people won’t care about your plight. Dragon Riding (or skyriding whatever) is superior in almost every point. And as long as flying is not required to get pathfinder, you could do it on your ground mount, like you did for the past 17 years or so (only exception is Cataclysm)

Question: If standard flight was the same speed as dragonriding, would those who prefer the latter use standard flight?

Or is there something in the technique (the whole building vigor and pressing keys) what makes it attractive?

Each zone’s campaign is 3 chapters long. It very much does not take long to do them.

As long as its not locked behind obnoxious rep grinds Im fine.

I actually agree with the concept of making people actually explore the world on foot before taking on the skies. Completing the zone quest campaigns and explore all areas accomplishes that.

Just make it account wide.

This thread seems like everyone buried their head in the sand and just ignore whatever has been announced for the past few months or weeks.

TBC flight will be given to you much early on than say previous expansions and all you have to do is

1. explore the four zones

2. do the four leveling campaigns

3. reaching 80

How is any of this hard or not doable? The TWW zones are all ground mount friendly since you can access anywhere via your ground mount or your two little feet.

I doubt many people are saying it is hard or not doable.

That is not the point.

The point (again) is not that it is difficult or onerous, its that it has to be done at all.

One form of flight is available from Day 1. The other is not. And no reason for that design choice has ever been given.

That is the issue.

8 Likes

Technically, it is on day one if you can do all of it on the same day.

Sigh You don’t get it, do you. Or you do, and you are avoiding it. I get so tired of saying it but I live in hope that people who take your approach will at least understand what I, and others, are saying.

Would you feel the same if both forms of flight required the conditions for use that standard flight will?

It’s flipping a switch. It’s making it there after arrival and a couple of quests. Its not like its game shattering. It’s just…making it happen.

7 Likes

Every time BlizZard gates TBC normal flying they are communicating that it holds more value than DR.

But is that realistic? The value of TBC normal flying or DR depends on your own personal belief system and how you play.

So that is the major miscalculation on BlizZard’s part.

BlizZard is afraid of letting people choose.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

My suspicion is growing that it is Ion taking a gradual approach to standard flight that he tried to take abruptly in WoD: removing it altogether.

I think he and others are so in love with their flight gimmick system that they will eventually remove standard flight and leave the new version (perhaps with a few more substandard assistance options) as the only form of individual flight. I see things like a limited time hover and maybe a weird macro style control for handling multiple key commands (just spitballing here). But I think he hates standard flight and is working on a way to ultimately dump it.

7 Likes

This is your conspiracy theory and those who have the same rhetoric with no substantial evidence or proof for this claim.

Killing TBC flight will harm the game and those who can’t sky ride and making this claim is irresponsible and beyond ludicrous.

1 Like

They tried that gradual approach in DF and it didn’t work. So they are trying again but I think it will not work again.

Their goal was to phase out TBC normal flying in DF but like in WoD players pushed back.

This is their last chance in TWW to try to phase out TBC normal flying but all the data they have gathered is not in support of their position so far IMVHO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

This is not true at all they wanted to add renown as a requirement but then some people have made a pretty good claim to not added. Due to accessibility and so they won’t be adding any renown or rep moving forward after that claim.

1 Like