TWW - Oh Lawd It's Coming

It was so insanely fun. We had cleansing camps in front of the Cathedral of Light on my old server but eventually the plague became too resistant for cleansing and it’d infect the camp, so they were abandoned. Soon, capital cities were ghosted and people quarantined themselves in smaller RP groups throughout Redridge, Elwynn, and Westfall.

On the last day of the invasion, I purposefully got infected, turned into a ghoul, then went to Ironforge and infected 40+ guards and NPCs with a dastardly plan to attack the AH and bank as a final hurrah. I was giggling to myself as I made the trek from The Mystic Ward to the Commons with my army… then realized about halfway to the bank that the event had discontinued 2 minutes prior and the plague was no longer spreading, so my undead army eventually was whittled down to nothing as more and more guards spawned and the plague didn’t infect them anymore. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Good times.

5 Likes

I mentioned in another thread something Blizz could have done to zhuzh up this event besides hunt bosses every 90 minutes. Let us replay old launch events via the memories for limited times between boss spawns. Take a portal to whatever zone and replay Legion invasions or Scourge invasion or whatever event. Come back kill boss. Go do another event.

6 Likes

And also add re-skinned rewards of old sets that correspond to each old encounter!

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. I understand the timegates on the boss, but there isn’t jack to do in between them. That seems to be where this event is falling down.

3 Likes

That, and the server instability. I can’t recall a pre-patch that was this laggy for a long while. I don’t know if it’s due to more people participating/hype or some sort of new shard/server configuration messing things up, but it’s oof.

3 Likes

The only time I had issue was trying to portal back to Dal after the boss kill. I had to Alt F4 out of a stuck load screen twice, then just hearthed back to Val instead.

1 Like

Maybe it’s my GTX 1060 gasping for breath. My desktop sounded like it was about to be raptured.

3 Likes

Now, it’s been observed before that Blizzard tends to go in a good, bad, good, bad cycle when it comes to expansions. But there was a hiccup in that BfA and Shadowlands were both degrees of bad and unpopular. Dragonflight was a good one, it seems to be generally considered.

Do we think we’re going to get two goods in a row to balance things out or are we due for another bad?

1 Like

I… wanna be cautiously optimistic…?

But if I am being honest this pre-launch is giving me pause. I mean, bugs are bugs… and I been through enough launches to know how they typically go. This isn’t out of character per se, but it also feels like maybe Blizz kinda should have let this one cook a little longer?

5 Likes

dalaran lag load screen remembrance boss

5 Likes

At least we’re following the same pattern we always do :

BC - Go on a mostly cross-faction expedition to a foreign land
Wrath - Ride Dalaran to go fight an existential threat (Scourge)
Cata/MoP - Faction war in exotic settings, we end up fighting an Old God

WoD - Go on a mostly cross-faction expedition to a foreign land
Legion - Ride Dalaran to go fight an existential threat (Legion)
BfA - Faction war in exotic settings, we end up fighting an Old God

SL - redacted

DF - Go on a mostly-cross faction expedition to a foreign land
TWW - Ride (?) Dalaran to go fight an existential threat (Void)

Excited for the Fifth/Sixth War coming in Midnight

5 Likes

actually touching the prepatch/pre event story. i still dont care about void elves or windrunner sister or knife turned woman.

actually “knife turned woman” is funny but it’s wasted on a character i dont care about

2 Likes

I haven’t thought about the fact that she was a knife that much but now that you mention it that would be a great character quirk for her if she just constantly made knife and blade-related puns like a knife-themed mr freeze

7 Likes

This is going to be the first time I have significantly interacted with her. I know she’s been around for a while now, but I either wasn’t playing the game or not playing the right class when she was prominent.

Xal’atath being a sentient weapon is actually my favorite part in all this. There’s something poetic about loot turning on us, even if Blizzard didn’t mean it that way.

I, too, don’t care about Void Elves, though.

4 Likes

I wish the Scourge invasions were in Chromie Time and choosing Wrath (or earlier) gave us the old world, too.

I’m about to log on and see what this one is all about :face_exhaling:

Waiting on 90 minute boss timers, or grinding mobs for 1 to 5 currency to buy gear that costs thousands.

3 Likes

I’ve shifted to playing with new addons, talent trees, and warband transmog shopping.

2 Likes

Few tips.

Run your graphics to the lowest setting because*** JEEBUS, THE LAG! ***.

Take classes that can aoe without needing a target if you’re only farming for transmog, as the lag has literally left folks standing right ontop of a boss and unable to hit it once.

Be there as soon as the event pops because if you miss the first 5 minutes, it’s all over because the event blows its load super quick, and then you’re just stuck farming weak mobs for a pittance against swarms of not accounts.

2 Likes

This may be the first pre-patch event I don’t take part in ever, and I’ve been doing this since BC>Wrath.

Hope the expac is better.

4 Likes