TWW - Oh Lawd It's Coming

They already tried that. It was called Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Puppy?

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/902238-void-scarred-pup.jpg

Puppy.

1 Like

grumbles under his breath

“I miss the days of plagues and blights.”

gazes wantonly into the dancing flames of the fire

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You sure you’re a dwarf?

1 Like

He’s a dead dwarf, which half counts.

2 Likes

wooooons champion, wooons.

4 Likes

I feel like we’re spiraling toward a conclusion to WoW where some manner of cosmic balance is achieved and I get why but I don’t care for it.

2 Likes

gently replaces the halberd above the fireplace

“Bah. What’s the point anymore? I have no leader and this free will just sucks.”

See, we were just sold on the idea that the Jailer has been manipulating things behind the scenes for decades, all in a grand scheme to marshal power and duke it out with the REAL threat, the void lords / void / whatever face we can put on the endless darkness. But WHAT IF Xalatath was really the true person manipulating things all along? What if the Jailer first got the idea from her, to battle against the coming apocalypse? Or what if it was something else… something even more nefarious. The creator of the darkness, because darkness cannot exist on its own. There are no shadows without one other thing.

Light.

Xera was the mother of light or the heart of light, but who is the mother of the mother of light? Xera and Xalatath, X marks the spot, their names are both similar. What if they were related all along? Sisters or something. That’s why Xera was so mad at Alleria for embracing the void. This is both a family feud and a cosmic conflict. Xera wants to kill her sister. Xalatath is, in a round about way, telling us not to do that because if we DID then we’d be supporting fratricide, which is uncool.

We all started as humans early in our wow career, right outside of Northshire abbey. We all started at the altar of the light, and from that moment were bid to slay demons and monsters and each other until we were strong enough to slay the sister of our patron. Now we are edging closer and closer to that day, and I think we need to ask ourselves: is this something we want to do?

Anyways another rabbit hole we could go down is identify all the enemies and allies who use void or shadow magic to figure out who has been part of this grand scheme all along and ultimately who will need to die for cosmic balance to be achieved. Although cosmic balance is not eradicating the other side, but finding equilibrium with it. And we have a lot of people on the side of good, so really the question is: who among us needs to die before we can finally all live in peace forever?

2 Likes

You know what was great about Garrosh?

None of this “behind the scenes” stuff. Literally just right out in your face with the evil.

6 Likes

Someone screenshot this and hold it in perpetuity.

6 Likes

He was also keyed into Sylvanas like a decade before any one.

You know, once Garrosh said he really didn’t care much for the Horde, I found out we had a lot in common.

2 Likes

I’m imagining Enekie is really Garrosh behind a computer screen.

3 Likes

Enekosh is the new ship – server canon on WrA, finally.

3 Likes

It’s a Siege of Orgrimmar.

And a siege of the heart.

I am totally willing to eat crow and admit I’ve done a 180 on Garrosh. I came to associate him with what I felt was some pretty bad writing, but since then, we’ve had a lot of villains to compare him to. And honestly? He stands out.

His motive is plainly and unapologetically villainous and he pretty much just asks you what you’re going to do about it. But it’s also anchored in a genuine desire to help the Orcs (at the expense of everyone) based in believable backstory. There’s no greater philosophy, no vast and weaving plot, no threat of cosmic collapse–literally just a really pissed off guy.

His role in WoD was stupid, but so was the expansion.

9 Likes

Garrosh didn’t try to bullspit anyone. He just was.

1 Like

you know what was great about garrosh?

he held my hand and we kissed behind the evil throne he was sitting on but he was so embarrassed about being with an elf he had to kick us out of the true horde.

if only he had not been a coward. things could have been so much different.

1 Like

this expac makes me feel nothing.

the fact that im playing classic with my beau instead LOL (it sucks so much but at least I have someone to goof off with)

I’m curious for how TWW will play out.

But then again, I’m more curious about looking at a literal hole in the ground then whatever nonsense the Dragons have gotten up to this expansion (I literally boosted Vanndrel to 70 because I could not be bothered to give a damn).