TWW - Oh Lawd It's Coming

I remember this. At Booty Bay. My server was underpopulated and we couldn’t kill him. So he stomped around and murdered everyone.

If I recall, Blizz had to do some major resetting of that pre-patch event, too. Because he camped some server’s Stormwind for hours.

1 Like

I feel like BfA’s pre-patch suffered a lot both because it felt like an unsettling repeat of MoP and Theramore and because it begged the question of why is Azerite so damn important if all it does is make stuff blow up more.

2 Likes

Admittedly I wasn’t playing during the MoP prepatch (MoP is the only expansion launch I missed, since I was fully invested in SWTOR at the time), but in terms of pre-patch hype, nothing has managed to top BFA for me.

Lore implications aside, for me the sheer hype of watching the story play out as it did week by week in an old world zone was unparalleled. RP was firing on all cylinders as characters either cheered on the war effort or struggled to reconcile their own values and beliefs with what they were forced to take part in. Every pre-patch event since has felt strangely static and one-note and disconnected from any kind of developing story.

3 Likes

So far the best thing about this patch is being able to learn other armor types for your alts.

I have always had more items in char banks that I always intended to send to the right armored alt but never did. I’ve cleared up so much bank space its ridiculous.

1 Like

Might as well do it for the cosmetics and one ring upgrade you could use.

1 Like

This pre-patch is…whelming.

“Are these Azeroth’s memories…or ours?”

Khadgar, this is Blizzard doing Member Berries. Best part of the pre-patch was when fighting Onyxia everyone was just screaming lines from the ancient meme video.

2 Likes

Looked at the rewards.

Mounts are ugly and I wouldn’t ever use them. (subjective, but that’s my op.)
Pets are ugly and I wouldn’t ever use them. ( subjective, etc etc.)
The gear, all armor types, are a purple recolor of 7.3 Argus gear and I never use those. Purple, even uglier imo.

I don’t care enough about the heirloom ring, to do anything to get it.

There is literally nothing in this event I want or care about. I’m enjoying remix, so I’ll stay over there.

Tis what it Tis.

2 Likes

Also - it’s odd Blizzard finally adds in a Archanophobe mode and then proceeds to put a Nerubian on TWW’s loading screen.

You raise a good point and that point is that there has never been a crab on the loading screen.

3 Likes

I like the armor because I play a Draenei and this is my drip lmao

I have collected the mount and the three pets now. It looks like the three pets have a unique ability so if you are like me and the one person that does some battle pet stuff, that’s neat.

The lag on Lich King was really bad this morning, worse than it was the other day.

Now that the gear can be put into the catalyst to be upgraded into Tier I collected the full set on my DK because it honestly looks great (shoulders scale is friggin’ ridiculous but that’s Blizzard’s sop).

I passively collected all the memories needed for the ring so I got that too.

I don’t really have any interest in collecting the full sets on anyone else but I will probably still collect a few just to gear out my army of alts.

WELP

I wasn’t planning on leveling a lowbie BUT AWWW HELL HERE WE GO AGAIN

2 Likes

[Rolls warrior #3]

Oh nooooooo, whatever will I dooooo?
(Edit: I just got the new heirloom ring, too, so hey - win win)

Well, I guess now I have to run it. lol

The Horde symbol doesn’t even sit up straight when it’s on your character’s back. It’s at an ANGLE.

WHO MADE THIS DECISION

1 Like

There’s actually a ton of other stuff that drops for the Under-70 crowd.

You know, I have to say.

I’ve been Team Blue since day 1. I know the vibe here on Alliance. It’s a vibe.

“Alliance” has always felt (to me anyway), as a fractured Alliance that makes up the Whole. You know the parts (races) that make up the sum (Alliance). It never felt genuinely unified and there’s a million reasons for that. (Probably best for another thread)

Having spent the past several months in Remix, completely on Horde characters?

“The Horde” is a unifying force. Yes, there’s splinters but it feels like there is The Horde (sum) and THEN its parts, not the other way around.

I never played Team Red. Sure I rolled some chars. Nothing stuck, so I never stuck around for how it felt to play for The Horde.

It really is such a different vibe on Team Red.

3 Likes

What a good idea, to make these ultra-RNG lowbie drops only. So good.

NOT

5 Likes

Get 'em.

1 Like

No lies detected.

I had a 60 Warrior I figured I’d run through to get the drops and he’s already 67 after 3 events. Hope they drop before he’s 70.