TWW Beta access for Epic Edition upgrades

Folks, folks, folks,

• A specific time was not announced.
  • The activation has to cycle through all accounts, and the cycle often propgates in waves.
  • It might take a restart of the launcher to pick up a change in licensing.
9 Likes

I have driven 250 miles for good Mexican food, 11 miles is nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve done roughly 400 miles for seafood once. But that was a long long time ago. In a state far far away.

And besides, the wife has the car right now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I will say, it’s kind of interesting that they posted this article announcing the beta a week ago and chosen the statement “will gain immediate access”… but nowhere does it mention the process of their system requiring cycling through accounts to apply licensing… like their “get started” quite literally assumes you have immediate access by not mentioning this information as a disclaimer. It just doesn’t seem like we’re being transparent about this “perk of immediate beta access” if players potentially have to wait X hours/days in somewhat of a queue based on when they specifically bought their package

1 Like

In reality we should be expecting log in ques if they give access to eveeryone immediately the servers will be crashing frequently.

4 Likes

I’m curious of the exact time the server dropped?? I mean there’s already people posting articles of all the information they’ve learnt… so a few hours I assume? I’m just wondering how long this is expected to take… cuz it’s wrong to say people should “expect” this access to be delivered in waves because Blizzard did not preface this in their announcement.

No, they often do not detail every little step of every process they go through. Quite frankly, this is simply too much information that 99% of the player base has no use for.

The beta will start when Blizzard is ready for it to start, and not a moment before. Posting here, opening tickets, complaining on Reddit, etc. is not going to speed anything up.

As with most things in life, you’re just going to have to be patient and wait.

Also:

4 Likes

As far as your fellow players go, all we know is beta hasn’t been officially released yet, it will be sometime today.

Still waiting for that announcement, cs has no information about beta, it’s up to development.

3 Likes

It isn’t what was mentioned in the news post

OP, they haven’t exactly announced the specific time on the 5th, so it could be at any time.

1 Like

A simple disclaimer would’ve divert a lot of confusion and complaint posting? When you’re advertising something as “gain immediate access” you would expect them to honor that promise.

Also:

This has nothing to do with “having more time to play” or “being the first one to X”… it’s quite literally the fact that I purchased this package which promised early access. Today is the launch and nowhere was I told that it may take hours or days until I reach my point in the queue to gain access to the beta?

They haven’t NOT honored that promise yet. The beta hasn’t started yet. You have to be patient and wait.

Today hasn’t ended yet. Not by a long shot. In fact, today is just getting started in the PST, where Blizzard is located.

No one knows the process Blizzard is going through. We can only give educated guesses.

But it all comes back to the same thing. It may be a perk of the expansion preorder, but any beta test for any game with any company is not guaranteed uptime. It’s a guaranteed invite, not a guarantee as to when those invites will be available because there’s no guarantee when they are ready to start the beta.

You just have to wait. No amount of complaining and arguing about it will speed up the process.

3 Likes

My fault, I’ve been speaking as if the beta had already launched because people are already posting articles; Another thing that could’ve been clarified if these things were specifically outlined in their announcement. But that’s just me… I’m quite a specific person so I appreciate specific details. What I don’t appreciate is the extremely condescending tone in your responses, so I’m just going to leave you alone now.

To be fair anything posted could be from the alpha.

3 Likes

This is true, I think all I needed to hear was “it hasn’t officially released yet”… But the fact that this person has been sitting here for the last 20mins and trying to deescalate this by saying “just wait”, as if some random person on the internet has the power to force Blizzard into releasing the beta – sounds absolutely absurd.

Blizzard post from EU:

link: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/war-within-beta/516790/76

10 Likes

Great response, I appreciate you sharing this. <3 Happy testing in the beta.

2 Likes

It’s just a technical detail: computers have to do everything sequentially.

Imagine a list that’s 100s of millions of items. A small portion of those items contains the character “1”, and all those with a “1” are to have the character “A” added to the end. A computer can’t simultaneously find all the items with a 1 in them. Instead, it can only do it sequentially. Meaning the items that are at the bottom of the list will take longer to receive the A.

In other words, it’s not really necessary or relevant to include a technical detail in a news article, announcement, etc.

Plus, gradual access mitigates authentication and server overload.

3 Likes

I will say, what worked for me, after checking my emails and X which were empty. I just changed my bnet over to the beta version, even after logging out and back in again to see if that worked first, it was there. But as everyone is saying it does take time and glad I get to spend my off day trying the beta!

There is really no need to change to the Beta Launcher. Just close Battle.net and open it. This usually refreshes the list.

Access seems to have started, I got Beta on my list a couple minutes ago.

1 Like

Mine is there now as well:

4 Likes