TWW Beta access for Epic Edition upgrades

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!

So I upgraded to the Epic Edition on November 11, '23 and double checked to make sure that was the edition that provided Beta access immediately. All I’m wondering is whether there’s a specific time that gets unlocked today or if there’s something wrong with my account or … ?

I have the order number, and I’m on the screen from the purchase, so I’m pretty sure I bought it haha

Just wondering if I should stay up or go to bed xD

2 Likes

It gets unlocked later and if it does you will get a license under “In Development” in your BNET client as well as an email about it.

Do note that while Beta is guaranteed, this doesn’t mean you will be in the first paid wave and so on.

1 Like

Players who upgrade to the Epic Edition of The War Within will also gain immediate access to the beta.

1 Like

No what it says is:

Plus, you’ll have guaranteed Beta Access and Early Access (3 days) to The War Within

So not immediate as the beta is not up yet and I’m quite sure they’re going to do it in waves lest they want the beta to be overrun.

3 Likes

Y’all need to read the product notes on the store page.

Beta Access and Early Access dates subject to change.

Also…

In addition, the Epic Edition also guarantees Beta Access and Early Access⁴ to The War Within. Nowhere does it say immediate.

3 Likes

Both of you go read the this week in WoW, it literally does. This Week in WoW: May 31, 2024 (blizzard.com)

Well, read the store page. The article is from the 31st. Again, READ the product notes… those are current.

4 Likes

The store page hasn’t changed since it went up, and the this week in WoW was the most recent information we have.

No you are wrong. The direct quote is “Players who upgrade to the Epic Edition of The War Within will also gain immediate access to the beta.”

Also, the battle net news thing saying it starts on June 5th also says Players who upgrade to the Epic Edition of The War Within will also gain immediate access to the beta.

Regardless, it is only 11:42am EST/8:42am PST here stateside.

HOPEFULLY when it’s officially opened, there will be a Blue post. Sitting here going back and forth on how something is worded does no good, it won’t suddenly crack open the Beta availability.

It’s just a matter of patience until they make it available to players.

6 Likes

Agreed, like they’re going to say wow Jimmy is sure pissed off in the forums better open er up! lol chill people.

1 Like

It sounds like it’s time for a Slurpy. Everyone, head to your local 7/11 and get one. Hey, now using Skip or Doordash is cheating.

But but but… I don’t want to drive 11 miles…

1 Like

Folks, folks, folks,

• A specific time was not announced.
  • The activation has to cycle through all accounts, and the cycle often propgates in waves.
  • It might take a restart of the launcher to pick up a change in licensing.
9 Likes

I have driven 250 miles for good Mexican food, 11 miles is nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve done roughly 400 miles for seafood once. But that was a long long time ago. In a state far far away.

And besides, the wife has the car right now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I will say, it’s kind of interesting that they posted this article announcing the beta a week ago and chosen the statement “will gain immediate access”… but nowhere does it mention the process of their system requiring cycling through accounts to apply licensing… like their “get started” quite literally assumes you have immediate access by not mentioning this information as a disclaimer. It just doesn’t seem like we’re being transparent about this “perk of immediate beta access” if players potentially have to wait X hours/days in somewhat of a queue based on when they specifically bought their package

1 Like

In reality we should be expecting log in ques if they give access to eveeryone immediately the servers will be crashing frequently.

4 Likes

I’m curious of the exact time the server dropped?? I mean there’s already people posting articles of all the information they’ve learnt… so a few hours I assume? I’m just wondering how long this is expected to take… cuz it’s wrong to say people should “expect” this access to be delivered in waves because Blizzard did not preface this in their announcement.