Two twitch drops for wow revealed

Look up Tyler the Great

A Yu-Gi-Oh card that was made one of a kind for a kid who was going to die so he was part of make a wish (he lived)

Konami reprinting that card in mass quantities is a big disrespect to the dude and the rest of the fan base

Same applies to Dottie

2 Likes

I usually buy the item during the charity event. I don’t remember if I bought this one or not. Plus Make A Wish is on my standard charity list and they already receive funds periodically.

What I don’t care about is people getting the item for free after the event has ended.

3 Likes

Or… it was a HUGE celebration to him making it!!

11 Likes

Ahh, the “I’ll just get in in 4 years” crowd.

3 Likes

I’m looking at several past charity pets that are available on the store right now.

7 Likes

I understand what you’re saying but if that is the only motivation, then I don’t know think keeping people guessing is going to be beneficial long term.

However, from a social engineering aspect this is interesting. Do we really want our game companies to be the primary driver of charity?

How did it ruin make a wish pet? I’m pretty sure they didn’t go back and bill those kids.

And if you suddenly regret donating to a worthy cause due to this… You might be a monster

11 Likes

Twitch drops and Trading Post are quite new concepts which both aren’t even a year old. I doubt we’ll have to wait 4 years to see more stuff like that considering how often Twitch and Prime promotions occur and the Trading Post also has a new sortiment every month.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was. Wasn’t Dottie the BFA pet of that one vulpera who had two alpaca pets called dottie and dolly

Its going to kill donations on the next pet because everyone now knows we can just wait 4 or 5 short years and get it for free.

I doubt that
X

1 Like

OK… thats just what Ive heard.

Ohm, Archeology? I hope so!

People say that kind of stuff all the time. And yet they still buy everything when new.

/shrug

1 Like

Should someone tell OP that charity pets cease being used for charity after a certain time/dollar value?

5 Likes

I would think the avid collectors will just mark their calendars for 2028 and wait it out. The people that donate for the sake of donating will be so incensed it was given for free that they will shun all donations from here on out.

Lol really? :laughing:

You are hilarious

2 Likes

You do know that Dottie spent a few years being sold not-as-that and has also been in several bundles not-as-that, right?

Also, bringing Ezra into this is particularly silly since the stuff they made with him is all still in-game and easily obtainable.

1 Like

do you think they’re going to take money back from the organization now that they’re giving it via twitch? i feel that’s very unlikely.

Yes, in fact I saw one charitable guy reading this news on his phone at lunch He wiped his mouth with his napkin and very forcefully threw it down on his plate. Incensed as all get out.

1 Like