Two days until Mechagnomes

I honestly wish I could be as hyped as all the vulpera fans are, but I can’t. This is such an awful addition to the Alliance. Kul Tirans and Lightforged are so lowly represented to begin with, and I have a hunch this race will be too.

Shame on you BIizz

Edited for spelling!

30 Likes

I’m more excited than you for mechagnomes and I’m a horde player… Sorry we no longer live in the age of mecha and now live in the age of furries.

7 Likes

Its a Sunday thread alright. Only trolls could ever be excited for diaper gnomes. The addition is only there to mock the Alliance faction, might as well have added nothing at all for them, I can’t wait to see how Blizzard degrades them next round.

17 Likes

Blizzard isn’t even trying to hide their distain for the ridiculous faction imbalance plaguing the game anymore.

Mechagnomes aren’t even that original, they’re just a blue version of Maghar Orcs. It’s just not that interesting and, worse, it isn’t CUTE. Why would you want to play a stunted cyborg instead of some adorable fluffy fox?

Now the imbalance is going to be even worse as new players, existing Horde, and even Alliance rush to create their own and swarm servers as Alliance representation drops even more.

12 Likes

All these horde dudes that think mechagnomes are the best thing ever will probably make some joke character, level it to 60 then abandon it.

19 Likes

They’ll make a mechagnome, park it in Stormwind with “diaper” in the name, do the /sleep emote for a few minutes before deleting it.

7 Likes

MECHAGNOME HYPE BAY BEEEEEEE

LETS GET IT :ok_hand:

1 Like

Mecha have a pretty dang op racial so I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of people race change just for that

1 Like

I don’t know, I’m sort of finding myself gravitating towards Alliance as of late. Probably because I’m envisioning a Horde that is 99% fox people and blood elves…

7 Likes

The mighty and savage Horde! A…collection of elves and their furry little friends…

…huh.

:frowning:

6 Likes

Only trolls like mechagnomes? You guys are crazy im going to enjoy my mechagnome

10 Likes

I’ll openly admit I won’t play one but thata because literally everything I have is on the horde side. I also dont wanna grind bfa grinds again…

Can safely say that my mechagnome isn’t going to be a joke. Got an appropriate name, upgraded/enchanted heirlooms ready to go, and a good chunk of gold transferred over for my little robot girl. I have every intention of leveling it to max and playing it extensively. I am genuinely far more excited about mechagnomes than vulpera. But I will admit that’s partly because I spend about 2-3 hours a day in Mechagon and they’ve grown on me. xD

5 Likes

I’m not interested in those fox-things. We have enough cute on the horde-side, we really didn’t need anymore tyvm. Too alliance-y for me.

The voice modulation for the MGs is kinda cool and I like the parts you can put on their faces.

I do enjoy the mechagnomes as well, but I think they don’t have much to add as a race. As customization? Makes sense, especially with Shadowlands coming. As an Allied race, I think it is wasted potential of bringing something different to the Alliance.

14 Likes

What racial would be OP because they got nerfed pretty hard on the latest PTR.

3 Likes

You don’t have to like or want to play everything that comes out. It’s a subjective thing anyways and there are other people who do enjoy mechagnomes! It has a fanbase, doesn’t have to be #1 in popularity to be a viable race.

I know it’s said a lot, but just don’t play them if you aren’t into it. There’s still eleven other races to choose from. There’s no shortage! Pun intended. :wink:

7 Likes

Mechagnomes are too different to be just a separate customization. A mere customization also wouldn’t bring them their own unique mount and heritage set.

It’s shocking that Alliance players don’t all mass quit the game in protest…the horror of these abominations! :scream_cat:

4 Likes

The problem is a wasted slot. We don’t get new races every week, you know. Mechagnomes are just gnomes with prosthetics.

It is a gnome with a prosthetic. They have no difference in regards to culture or behavior. They speak in technical terms like gnomes, have the same Jimmy Neutron vibes and voice, and their racials are just engineering turned into something useful.

7 Likes