[Main Thread] Twitter Integration

I changed my twitter password. Now when I try to re-integrate my wow account with twitter, I just get a blank black screen that pops up . It has been doing this now for the last 3 days. Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you fix the problem?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, I don’t think I changed my password though I just wasn’t able to use the Twitter integration, it would say there was an issue connecting to Twitter, so I disabled it then re-enabled it but now I’m having the same issue just a black screen

1 Like

I saw another thread a few days ago - same issue. No solution on it and I don’t have any ideas here. You might open a ticket.

1 Like

This is a known issue with the twitter integration. The issues already been replicated on our end and seems to happen when you disconnect the twitter or need to relog that the black screen issue happens. Our teams working on it!

8 Likes

Thanks Heaps

Thank you!

Thank you!

So eh…still doesn’t work nearly a month later ;_;

Our teams still working on it. It seems like this requires some changes to the server, so it maybe a bit before a fix is fully pushed out. It does look like our team may be seeing some improvements so far, but I don’t have a set timeframe for when this may fixed yet since they’re still working through testing and refining.

4 Likes

Sooooo…how are things lookin’? :eyes:

Has the issue with the Twitter integration been solved yet? I love sharing Screenshots on my Twitter but I’m still getting that blank box. Is there an ETA when it will be fixed?

It looks like our team has made some changes, but we’re awaiting for some server changes. Once we have word on that going through, it should hopefully be fixed. I’ll try to update you when we have more information on this.

People on my Twitter feed are posting from in game saying it’s working again, I can’t check right now but can anyone confirm? Woooo!

Attempted to connect just now and getting a new error:

Error: -118.
The browser could not complete your request. Please try again

I got the same message last time (a day or two ago, I think). Now the “authorize app” button ain’t working for me.

Stopped working during SL launch :frowning: shame

Still only works maybe 1-5% of the time, was using it like crazy yesterday and now it won’t work again Sigh Any word?

Similar to the others posting above, seems to be giving an error (mine Error -137) after clicking the Authorize App button, and is a black-screen for the in-game browser window.

Troubleshooting steps I’ve done:

• Removed two factor auth from Twitter
  • Deleted both “Cache” & “Utils” folder; ran Scan & Repair
  • Tested on both live and beta Battle.net clients
  • Disabled Google Chrome extensions
  • Windows Security all default settings

I’ve done these steps, even to the extent of letting Windows replace my network connection. (This needs a reboot and after login, asks if the new network is public or private; I select private.) Still error -137 after clicking the “approve” in Twitter to allow app permissions.

I checked connected apps in Twitter and did see Warcraft listed, so I de-authorized from Twitter settings and tried again, still same result.

Any update on this? I miss being able to share Achievements and Screenshots. Got Heroic Sire Dentharius down and couldn’t even post Aotc. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain .

1 Like