[Main Thread] Twitter Integration

Still broken. You’d think Blizz would like the free advertising when we post screenies, but apparently fixing the Twitter issue isn’t a priority.

While necrobumping is generally frowned upon, I hope you’ll all make an exception for the pings :slight_smile:.

Osatox is a Bnet friend and reached out with this problem, pointing me to the thread and how it was still not working for him. After some investigating, we were able to resolve this by changing to a free DNS, like Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), in the Internet Adapter settings on Windows.

Perhaps this solution can work for all or some of the other players in the thread. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey all,

I’m extremely glad that I was able to re-connect the Twitter integration. I was thinking all this time it was something due to some adblocker or firewall setting, or something still was borked in-between. I took the following steps to change from the default DNS Windows 10 was using from my ISP, to Google’s DNS servers

(For context I’m directly wired via Ethernet to my standalone modem & router)
Start > Settings > Network & Internet > “Properties” on the right-side pane
Under “IP settings” where it lists IPv4 & IPv6 DNS servers, there is an “Edit” button to Edit IP settings. Clicked on “Edit” and then manually entered in for the Preferred DNS & Alternate DNS servers for the respective fields:

IPv4 Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8
IPv4 Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4

IPv6 Preferred DNS: 2001:4860:4860::8888

I then saved, then restarted my computer just to make sure it took effect.
After rebooting, I launched WoW and tried to connect with Twitter integration, and it went super smoothly and successful without any errors.

Hope this resolves it for others that had the same puzzling error too!

1 Like

Thanks for adding the detailed steps. I was caught up in trying to break the record for the most pings in one post, so I glazed over a few things. :smiley:

Hello,

As of Dragonflight’s first prepatch phase, I’m still getting the black screen from the “Sign In” button in the social options. I tried changing my DNS from the ISP’s to Cloudflare’s. I also rebooted my computer. It did not fix it. Has anyone got a solution?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Still no fix? Really?

So, I’m not sure if this has been raised, but the Twitter integration is posting screenshots just fine - but none of the text that I enter seems to be passing along. For example:

And:

Has anyone else been able to reproduce and fix this?

Do you have another security program?

Twitter embeds on the forum also appear to be broken with larger images. On wide screens, this can result in a lot of page stretching:

Having a closer look, it appears that this is the offending CSS:

Changing width to max-width appears to resolve the issue (I could easily see how this bug could happen haha), and tweet embeds appear properly across all screen sizes:

Well, what I meant with this was less the Forum integration, and more the Warcraft game execution of Tweets. None of the text from the WoW game are being passed along to Twitter, only the screenshots / images.