Twitch app - addon restore missing?

Hi all – I reinstalled WoW and the twitch app today. Using Win 7. I was able to recover all my addons but not the settings.

My “addon sync” page has a backup listed, but there’s no “restore” option.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? Was I mistaken in thinking the twitch app saved addon settings as well?

Thanks.

Anyone out there figure this out yet ? I have this same issue and I don’t know how to get my saved settings from the cloud without it. That is unless somebody has a way, I would very much appreciate it if you shared. Thanks !

1 Like

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/wow-addons-sync-settings-backup?language=en_US

I think you missed the part of his post where he said the restore option is missing ? No, that can’t be since it is the title of the thread. Seriously all joking aside, ( I’m definitely not one to talk about missing things that are right in front of you) I have been using twitch to backup and restore my addons and settings since it became Twitch from Curse. I have never had any issues with the program or syncing my addons.

That is until last month, the day that Twitch decided to release a newer version of their app they thought was the next evolution in their software. In reality it was a giant step back, at least as far as using it for their addons and mods management that is. Not only did it cause me to lose all of my addons and settings that first day, but ever since then I have been unable to backup and restore my addons. Sure I can click the button marked as “backup”, but how do I really know if it is backing anything up ?

There is no way to access this “backup” file that they are making and this is all due to the simple fact that there is no option to restore your settings. This might not be that big of an issue except that it was already present and working fine in the older versions of the app. I don’t know where they got those images that they are using for their FAQ’s but I can tell you that they are not from the software that is out now.

The thing that really has me steamed about all of this (other than the many times I have spent hours setting everything up only to have it all dissappear upon my next log in) is that I did put in a ticket to their support. And I did come back after a few days to check the status of my case. And lo and behold I found it, sitting there marked as resolved even though they have attempted no such thing. And no there is nothing in my spam folders or on a different account or any of that mumbo jumbo. The simple and plain fact is that they decided that me as a customer is not worth a crap to them and that they were just going to ignore me because there is nothing that I can do about it.

I think that someone in their product development team dropped the ball with this and royally screwed up by not noticing such a huge glaring mistake. Maybe they have friends in the support department who buried the ticket for them. I mean why do this in the first place ? How hard is it for their support people to track down their beta tester or whomever and talk to them about the issue, and even then they could always just give me a lie or blatant stall tactic for now

Anyways, I have been debating starting my own new thread about this and how Twitch support is handling me but I didn’t since I kind of piggybacked off of this one. I may post it in the general discussion forum as it will get more views and hopefully someone has an answer there but if we can figure this out here than I definitely won’t have too.

1 Like

Same problem here guys. Been using curse/twitch for the longest time and this newest update a month ago broke all the backup and restore functionality. Opened up a support ticket with Twitch and no response at all. I put a tweet on their support page for twitter and same thing, no response at all. After a few more days I replied back to the auto generated email from my initial support ticket and I got a generic reply saying “If the problem has resolved itself don’t do anything but if it still persists reply back to this email”. So I replied back to the email stating the problem is not fixed and I need help. Of course no response.

Long story short, Twitch support is complete garbage and I totally agree with you that somebody messed up and they’re trying to keep it under the radar. The backup button just started semi-working a day or two ago and the restore button is completely gone. Get your act together twitch

3 Likes

Just figured out the problem, after an hour of frustration, right at the top: “Previous Curse subscribers have this feature included and we’ll be opening it up for everyone who’s merged accounts in the future.”
It’s sorted as a “Helpful hint” rather than a big bold WARNING.
THAT’S A BIT MORE OF NECESSITY INFORMATION RATHER THAN A HINT THOUGH, WOULDN’T YOU AGREE?!
Meanwhile, the only other “Hint” on the page is clearly intended for absolute morons, of course you’re supposed to use the same account, that’s obvious information. So your brain will automatically disregard the one at the top because it immediately perceives these “helpful hints” as useless information.

1 Like

Loloopy, that’s so funny because I went to that page maybe like a week ago and that “Helpful Hint” you mentioned definitely wasn’t there, but now it is. Gotta love Twitch haha. What’s also strange is that this backup/restore functionality has always worked. After I merged Curse/Twitch that backup/restore was working from the very beginning and it worked well for ages. Now “all of a sudden” after their latest update it no longer works. There was never any mention about this functionality being lost once updating to the newest version. If it was known they would’ve definitely included that information in the release notes or something. And it’s extremely shady that the “Helpful Hint” only came into existence like 3-4 days ago and meanwhile this has been a problem for well over a month. Even Twitch’s support was insanely shady. Closing tickets without ever responding to them, even after multiple attempts of telling them the problem is not fixed. This is definitely some kind of cover up on their end