Twisting corridors for hunters extremely overtuned?

Goofy/fun runs ,huh… I would bet not many Hunters approach or conduct their runs with that frame of mind.

An awesome change to me would be to just increase all those timers on traps and misdirects. They’re all cool effects, but they only last 6 seconds. With BM ramp-up, it’s not nearly enough time. If it’s supposed to be “fun”… give us 20 seconds or similar. Demo Warlock pets can be turned into bosses… our pets, meh at best.

Go BM and you’ll be able to clear it with no problem. Don’t take Animal Companion talent. Use a Clefthoof pet. Keep mend pet up and laugh at how easy it is.

Twisting corridors IS way over tuned for Hunters, specially our pets. I like to solo things and Torghast is the perfect example of a solo content for a hunter like my self.
Reg. Torghast is cheese for BM hunters to solo, although it can go a bit faster. On the other hand, Twisting corridors is a whole different ball game. I have soloed layer 1 and 2 but got unlucky on layer 3 @ floor 14, coz of the floor set up I got. 3 hours of my time wasted. Pet dies in 2 hits and you get one shot and I use a core hound pet, but that is not our only problem.
After my last wipe I decided to group TC for layer 3 for the first time. my group was: boomkin druid, Bear tank (druid), resto Shaman & me (yes we 4 manned it). Holy cow batman, my jaws dropped with the amount of damage druids can do. They were around 5-6 ilvls above me, and I am ilvl 198. when I was doing around 10-15k dps they were doing 75k-100k, when I got to 75k they were doing 400k - 700k.
The only way me as a BM hunter can reach 500k+ dps is if I stack Sigil of Skoldus x2+, Hunter’s Spoils x 3+ (& stop using barb shot to build 100 stacks), & Soulsteel Pinion x 2+ and this is only good for one time use.

What needs to change:

• Better pet buffs, make the buffs from misdirect a permanent buff on hunter pets. both dps one and damage reduction.
  • Buff kill command a lot more
  • Make hunters mark an aoe, so you can hunters mark a group.
  • Make Hunter’s Spoils a permanent buff.
    these are just some I can think off from the top of my head.
2 Likes

How to solo all 8 layers of TC as MM hunter. I did it.

Damage anima:
Aimed Shot x2
Binding Shot increases Critical damage and strike chance by 100%.
Dropping a trap increases your damage by 25% x2
Random orb that drops and gives 25% damage x2
30% more agility but cant jump
35% more haste/mastery/verse/crit proc
30% more haste/mastery/verse/crit at the cost of 30% nature/frost/shadow/arcane
5% haste every 5 seconds while in combat stacking 5-6 times
15% agility and heal every 2 seconds x2
100% kill shot damage x2
If Kyrian get the thing where it allows your steward to buff you, its 700 mastery.
Trueshot 20% increased duration
Buy the 30% damage potion when/if its available and save it for the final boss.

Survivability Anima:
Tar trap snare increased by 15% x3
Tar trap radius increased by 100%
Turtle duration increased by 100% and allows you to shoot through it
Mawrat kills give 2% stam or the 15% stam one.
Feather thing where disengage gives you run perma runspeed and/or steward gives 30% runspeed while buffed if Kyrian.

Boss kill rotation:
Double Tap, Resonating Arrow, 30% damage potion, Binding Shot, after target gets the root you press Tar Trap and then pop Bloodlust/Heroism and Trueshot Aura and begin your damage rotation. Easy 300-500+k dps. Boss dies in like 15 seconds, if boss doesnt die, keep tar trap down and kite around forever while the boss is snared by 95% and you have like 200% runspeed until you can do the above rotation again. If boss comes near you turtle and try not to mess it up again. Dont even bother sending your pet in, save interrupts for heals or spells that will kill you.

You double tap and resonating arrow before binding shot and tar trap because you want to maximize your 100% crit chance/damage from the binding shot anima power while having the aimed shot multipliers, bloodlust, passive agi buffs and trueshot aura. The traps giving a 25-50% damage boost is huge and why traps become a part of your rotation.

After floor 6 I pretty much only use the pet for the passive 10% leech which tends to full heal me a lot because of all the damage multipliers listed above and for bloodlust on bosses.

If you pick the right anima powers then all 8 floors of TC is easy but time consuming. By floor 8 with the aspect of the turtle anima power i was aoe cleaving an entire layer with aspect of the turtle popped and my boss rotation by clumping all the mobs into a binding shot and throwing in multishots for the AoE cleave. Whatever you dont cleave dies shortly after because they cant ever touch you because they are in a 95% snare.

Im sure there are some other random things you can get that are decent, but the ones I listed above are your priority.

Out of the best basic white trash tier damage anima powers (3% crit, haste, verse, mastery and 6% critical strike damage) the best ones in this order:
6% critical strike damage
3% mastery
3% verse
3% haste
3% crit

Crits at the bottom because you have 100% crit during your front loaded burst.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/uyaQcc300sA

2 Likes

I won’t be so sure man. As BM normal Torghast is doable but TC are another story

The full tar trap snare plus the Bottled enigma obscuring mist power, make it so that melee enemies are slowed to the point where they can’t touch you and ranged enemies can’t target you.

If you are running mm with no pet you can solo about anything unless they have aoe abilities, then its juts interrupts and dodges.

I can’t really say too much about Twisting Corridors. I only did two layers and got bored at how long and easy they were. I would believe that higher layers are harder, I just haven’t done them, and I’m not eager to do them either.

I am happy that for you Twisting corridors are easy for you and maybe your ilvl help too but I tried to solo layer 3 and had trouble and i failed on last boss. I used clefthoof and killer instinct but my pet could be killed in 1-2 shot.
And losing 2 hours in that place for actually no rewards it doesn’t worth.

This happened to my earth elemental constantly too.

TC is certainly doable for BM solo, granted that RNG blesses you with the right power selections and easy floors and bosses. I managed to do all 8 layers myself and my gear sucks.

Make sure you have all the Venari upgrades, restart/reset right at the start if your opening wing and power selection is bad, don’t be afraid to take power that have a negative effect and big for me was learning how to use the Eyes of the Beast power properly.

My last run, I was offered this power: Your pet will have a 500% increase in damage while under the affect of Eyes of the Beast.

have you done it in the last week or so? believe pets were buffed and dont die if you miss a mend pet cast.

I will try again TC layer 3