Twisting corridors for hunters extremely overtuned?

So I am not sure what dark magic I need to conjure to do twisting corridors but I BARELY scraped by the first one. I am a geared 210 MM Hunter and I am struggling hard on it. I am not sure if I just got bad powers or am playing the hall wrong but I massed about 80+ powers by the final level and I was still only capable of BARELY passing the first layer by sheer luck on a kill shot execute. My pet gets vaporized by later 12 to the point of its not even worth bringing him out. Meanwhile I look at warriors and monks doing near 200k DPS while I am around 40-50k. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not balanced for hunters?

4 Likes

I’ve heard this from other hunters so many times since it was released. A lot of our torghast abilities are garbage compared to what most classes get. Someone put out a really good guide the other day for doing this on hunter - they were just over 200 ilvl if I recall, and were able to get through floor 18. But it is a lot harder than it seems to be for most other classes.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/twisting-corridors-bm/817148

1 Like

It certainly doesnt help that once you get to floor 13, your pet goes into a constant state of instantly dying and rezzing himself over and over again. Watch him go to 0% health, then appear back at 15% then back to 0.
I just completed layer 2 and got so many good powers but the top dps I could accumulate was 80k (only 30k the attempt before). If other classes are able to pull 200, then the difference in power is insanely messed.

2 Likes

Hunters seem to be a support class in the Tower.

9 Likes

I couldn’t get past the second boss lvl 12. 4 sec rez is a killer.

3 Likes

Try playing as BM. It’s way easier. Clefthoof + Aspect of the Beast and your pet won’t die. Don’t use Animal Companion.

We’re not top tier for Torghast but BM does pretty well. I did about 150k dps on the final boss on my first run of Twisting Corridors.

Anima powers that increase health are very strong too (pet health also increases based on your health). Don’t ignore them. My pet had like 200k health by the end of it.

So many of our powers are incredibly lame.

4 Likes

I looked over the other guide written and tried to follow it but without seeing most of the good powers even show up and, admittedly not the best choice, going venthyr I was barely hitting 20k on twisting corridors final boss.

Meanwhile I did a regular Torghast 8 run with a fire mage friend for our weekly soul ash and he had no problem hitting 50k on the last boss - only 6 floors worth of powers - while I was only at 10k.

Do we just have to get ridiculously lucky with just the right combination to not be total trash? Right now, Torghast is getting really frustrating see so many of my friends just rip through it.

Hunters are extremely undertuned in Torghast.
Im a 210 MM hunter and i deal a fraction of other classes damage in Twisting Corridords.
Im currently on Layer 8; either people insta-decline me when i try to get into groups or people insta leave when i make a group.
Currently trying to get into a group/make one myself for the past hour without any luck because im a hunter.

Blizzard definitely “broke” some classes while others just got “buffed”.
Even more depressing to see heal specs or tank specs deal twice or even thrice the dmg you do as a “DD” spec^^

2 Likes

Sure, if you get no powers your dps will be bad, but I’ve never had a run where I got no powers. At the end of a regular Torghast level 8 I’m usually dealing between 20k and 40k. So it does vary a lot. There are also some powers that sound pretty weak but end up working quite well. Like the power that makes Disengage drop traps, which sounds useless, but combos really well with the power that makes traps increase your pet damage, and the other one that makes traps decrease damage taken.

The strongest power in my opinion is the one that makes Intimidate raise your crit chance and crit damage by 100%. It only lasts 6 seconds, but it bursts like crazy.

Misdirection buff is also quite good. Again it only lasts about 6 seconds, but it raises your damage by 50% per stack, which is quite good. It combos really well with the other short buffs.

I almost always get the power that buffs Hunter’s Mark, either on the vendor or through the tower. It’s only 15% damage per stack, but you can cast Hunter’s Mark out of combat, so it’s pretty great against bosses.

And there’s a lot of random anima powers that do decent damage. There’s also a limit to how many stacks you can get of the same power, so even if you get bad powers, once you take them they won’t show up again. I find it hard to believe you get absolutely nothing good. At the end of twisting corridors half of my powers were trash, but I had over 80 of them so some of them had to be good.

And you passively get stronger by picking up souls, which raise your agility by 1% each. I had like 40 by the end of Twisting Corridors. You usually get 3 or 4 on every floor. Sure that works for all classes, but you can’t discount it for your own dps.

I haven’t had a single failed run so far, or even close. BM pet is too tanky. It might go a bit slow if I get bad powers, but nothing can kill me anyway. So I can’t fathom why anyone would say Hunters are bad at Torghast.

205 ilvl, the Layer 5 boss was the 1st time I faced any significant challenge.

Layer 6 floors 13+ were also on the hard side, though that may be my 1st wing was mort’regar and the final wing was soulforges.

Either way, you shouldn’t be having that much trouble getting to the top of layer 1 or 2 as I would have fallen asleep on those layers if nor for the absurd amount of damage I was lucky enough to get on those layers.

A lot of our powers are not as exciting no, but when used correctly, a lot of our powers can make a bad situation super easy.

Literally soloed layer 6 of TC last night.

Maybe, but we can infinitely CC in the right circumstances.

1 Like

I found TC fairly easy through 12. As a 190 BM, with clefthoof. The level 12 boss was impossible for me after 4 tries. I was constantly mending on cd, and with the 4 sec revive, I just couldn’t muster it.

Which layer? There are 8 layers and 18 floors per layer.

The 1st layer.

Excepting the 10-stack CC immune bosses, which are literally the only time I have failed a run that wasn’t due to stupid stuff like falling off a chain or dying to traps too many times and triggering the Tarragrue.

They changed that.

1 Like

When? I didn’t see any change notes. Died to a Layer 8 boss a couple weeks ago, ragequit, and I’ve gotten decent power runs (for the most part) or run in groups since.

Did they? I haven’t had a chance to go into TC yet (will be going tonight or tomorrow), and haven’t hit 10 stacks at all since pre nerf on upper reaches. But I never saw it in the patch notes when they made all of the changes, though I could have missed them.

I dunno, I was doing layer 5 and the boss was over 10 and I was still CCing them.

1 Like

Did you CC them before the stacks actually hit 10 by chance? I know they stay CC’d if already affected by a hard CC for instance even past 10.

Maybe it’s an undocumented change otherwise?