Twinks ruin leveling. SERIOUSLY

twinks are nothing but an annoyance and hinderance to everybody just trying to level. their enjoyment shouldnt trump EVERYONE ELSES AND ACTUALLY IMPEDE PEOPLE PROGRESS TO END GAME. it takes 3-5 days played to get to max. is it acceptable to have every game of pvp you partake in those DAYS PLAYED OF TIME to be completely ruined or heavily influenced by just a few people per match(WHO STOPPED PROGRESS ON THAT CHARACTER JUST TO DO JUST THAT???)(you basically allow people to pretend they are gods because of how outrageously different the power levels are for twink vs nontwink.)?

34 Likes

Buy some gear, semi twink your self, enjoy.

37 Likes

what if im actually new the game and dont have gold? its a pretty big turn off… see i literally never see anybody new to this game, they are all old heads from at least cata. and you wonder why all they do is pump out mtx instead of good content? ITS BECAUSE THEY COULDNT RETAIN PLAYERS. AND THIS IS A BIG CAUSE! A LOT OF POEPLE LIKE PVP and when you can easily queue for it, theres even more chance people will participate, just to get smashed and not come back to the game because they dont know the difference from leveling pvp to end game pvp… i love how people can only answer things through their own perspective having played the game for basically FOREVER.

ps i know that only twinks will comment on this thread, its how it always is, you are the only ones that care enough.

9 Likes

Excuse me?
Are you… saying you’re… leveling while PvPing? Battlegrounds are some of the least effective ways to level… especially post leveling EXP changes made with 8.1…

53 Likes

again, look at it from a new player perspective… oh wait thats too challenging it seems.

9 Likes

When did they remove the requirements to make AR’s?

7 Likes

I’m stretching a bit here, but I think this has some merit.

The problem is probably not twinks, the problem is that old content is otherwise irrelevant. I’d actually be thankful there are twinks because otherwise there hardly be anyone for you to group with for any content while leveling up. Twink existence is actually supporting lower level content. it’s a double edged sword.

17 Likes

didnt read thread, ive been lvling through pvp the last few weeks, i see 3-5 twinks MAX a bg… they are by far the minority, but they do determine the outcome of nearly every bg im in.

there was a point where Twinks were placed in their own brackets, twinking pvp died the day that happened… why?? because they were actually in good matches with people of similar gear, so they stopped queueing… that just proves to me that twinks are just doing it for the power trip. and again, that lil power trip should not impede others progress through the game…

17 Likes

Twinks won’t just go away. They’re pretty concentrated in certain brackets, and in those I tend to just avoid PvP.

2 Likes

when they were separated from people just trying to level, twinking died overnight.

6 Likes

Well, my suggestion still stands. Maybe avoid PvP when you notice the issue. I’ve had fun PvPing on my Disc Priest as I level but I know there are alternatives to leveling when PvP is a pain and bgs are flooded with them.

1 Like

and honestly even as an experienced player you are just like, eh give up. thats a problem no??? again the enjoyment of a few shouldnt impact the whole community…

There are two issues:

-Twinks are no longer in their own BG brackets.

-Many items/buffs/proc effects were not scaled down properly with the stat squish. There is a big difference between a twink having like 20% higher stats than you, and just one-shotting people with engineering grenades/weapon procs/etc. that are doing like 10x the damage they should.

18 Likes

No? I find enjoyment in most aspects of the game and it does not take away fun to take a break from PvP to level through other forms of content. You’re reaching.

3 Likes

Your willingness to blankety insult everyone’s intelligence makes me support every twink who wrecks you in every battle ground and every ganker who camps your corpse for hours out of spite.

33 Likes

your right i should have just told them not to misrepresent what i said so grossly.

1 Like

Your not new, and since everyone is a vet then I guess it is a non issue huh?

8 Likes

You do realize that BG’s give out minimal xp? It is the slowest form of leveling in the game. Also, unless you are going to twink your toon, why complain. You are not intending to remain in the bracket, so nothing lost.

6 Likes

Full heirloom gear and twinks will still destroy you.

4 Likes

Twinking never died. But keep believing that.

5 Likes