Twinks ruin BGs from 1-119

BG’s are completely ruined from 1-119 by allowing twinks back into normal brackets? You can out play some trashlord on his twink allll day long, but the thing is, they have more than double your hp, deal WAY more damage to you and take less damage. It’s absolutely maddening, there was a time where heirlooms were strong enough that these kids that went and got every single BiS were still easily dealt with if you were better than them, which is the case 99% of the time.

Forum Moderator Note: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.

13 Likes

Then get to max level? If we all strive for max level and stop doing lower level BGs then twinks will die out and be forced to do real pvp, which they most likely suck at.

3 Likes

The point is to insure players have a horrible experience while leveling via battlegrounds. Which then leads to character boosts.

$$$ ching-ka-ching $$$

11 Likes

ahhhh. now that’s how you put 2 and 2 together.

They’re fully aware of it and there don’t appear to be any plans to change things. It is what it is

Maybe do something about it then. Nothing is done and obviously people are getting frustrated. There is never blue interaction in here. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have not found twinks in 111-119 to be that irksome in epic BGs. Then again, epic BGs in that bracket are generally more fun as alliance - and there might be more twinks on alliance-side. :thinking:

1 Like

Blockquote

DON’T BE BLUE,
BRING A TWINK WITH YOU.

SPREAD THE NEWS,
LIKE PAUL REVERE.
TWINKS ARE LOTS OF FUN.

IM HAVING FUN.
HOW ABOUT YOU?

TWINKSSAVELIVES . COM

1 Like

I’ve started twinking (again) recently. I’m not really an authority, but from personal experience I know that 39-59 is okay. 19 and 29 are still dominated by strong weapon enchants, ie rogues, warriors and hunters. About 39 casters start becoming viable again. Level 60+ is going to have raid gear as BiS, but item scaling seems to have done a decent job at levelling the field to some degree. It’s not as bad as it was is what I’m saying. Outside of 110-119, which I hear is the worst, your claims of ‘double your hp’ are false. A BiS twink will have maybe 25% more hp than someone in full heirlooms with other gear (gloves, boots, belt) of a similar ilvl. Probably less if the gear is enchanted.

When a BG starts I look at the members of the opposite team with /target to check their hp and gauge if they’re a twink or not. Often times I have to designate them as a half-twink because their hp is right on the fence. They could be a twink gearing up, a lazy twink, or someone in enchanted heirlooms. These 3 types of players all have the same health, and by extension gear level.

2 Likes

110 is really about the only bracket imo that’s the worst but its like that with every exp pack when that bracket is by itself. 111-119 isn’t bad iv lvled many toons with no issues in it

1 Like

Premades still more cancerogenous than twinks.

7 Likes

…what about level 120 twinks?..

3 Likes

All this talk of twinks has me wanting to dust off some old toons and twink them out.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah I consider to be the real issue people have with twinks. Used to be pass xpacs, generally seen them solo que or maybe bring a pocket healer. Premades onky will hurt twink community by blatantly overwhelming teams that have 0 chance in winning vs if the other team as a random twink or 2. Just dodged a bullet when Blizz almost turned on exp, think you would want to try to keep a lower profile.

1 Like

Not sure what the lower levels are like but yeah 110 is pretty bad. I loaded up my old 110 and decided to hit up a pvp match and it was a terrible experience. Had a match with a couple of twinks on the opposite side just demolish my team then the next battle a guy that was bragging he had a really high ilvl and he would single handedly cap things going 1 v 5 as a DH. So I stick with the 120 bracket, better to know I took a win/lose because my side was weaker/stronger then to win/lose because we had more twinks that rolled their face over the keyboard and decimated everyone.

1 Like

Don’t you get experience for playing a BG these days? How can twinks even exist?

Legitimate question here from a non-twink, but has seen plenty. Why would Blizz be inclined to do anything about this type of player? They are not cheating, they are maximizing their character using the same ruleset everyone else follows. They took their time to “twink” out their character, so more power to them. I’ve seen my fair share of twinks and yes, it’s not fun to be on the losing side of that, but this is no different than being in questing greens complaining that someone who ran through and got a bunch of blues was doing significantly better. I actually miss those days.

4 Likes

Avoid the 110 bracket its the worst 1 rest are playable compared to that 1

1 Like

you turn your exp off…

Premade without twinks already cause an absurd infeasibility.

• Premade without twinks > Solo twinks;
  • Premade with twinks > Multiple solo twinks;
  • Premade with or without twinks > Total annihilation of solo randoms.

Of course there is that 1-10% that runs counter to all this.

I’m a solo twink in 111-119 bracket, and I constantly face certain groups of premades that become known. And when I face them, it’s defeat. Sometimes it happens to win, but it’s rare.

A team random of solo twinks can make it rain, but a premade is what causes the storm.

2 Likes