Twinks ruin BGs from 1-119

…yup…premade>anything else…

1 Like

The vast majority of people who play this game do it like this “Level from 1 to max level. Then start focusing on gearing” Twinks purposely stop lvling early and then focus on gearing at a certain level. A level 120 is not a twink. A twink has purposefully stopped their lvling progress. Just like a geared lvl 49 player may or may not be a twink. A geared lvl 120 is not a twink. The lvl 49 twink has no aspirations on leveling. That is their endgame.

This crap false comparison of 120s to twinks is nothing but a thinly veiled excuse to stomp on people who are heading towards true endgame by people who have decided to make lvl x9 their endgame. I personally don’t care what you do irl or ingame. However just like irl the buck stops when you start affecting other people’s life/game. Here’s an example since I foresee you not understanding. Listening to music blaring is fine if no one else is within earshot. Listening to it super loud at 2am in a closely built suburb is not fine as it affects others that haven’t “opted in” to your lifestyle.

I’d hazard a guess that most twinks that don’t want separate queues are narcissists that can not fathom how their “fun” is affecting others.

4 Likes

The tears just keep flowing…

1 Like

But of course they aren’t following the same rule set as everyone else.

Imagine two schools: one promotes third graders to fourth grade after they complete the work/experience of third grade. The other school does not promote their third graders; instead, it keeps them in third grade indefinitely — for as long as they’d like to stay.

Do those two schools operate by the same rule set?

More to the point: Should those two schools be competing against each other in sports? In academics? Of course not.

Let the schools that promote their third graders compete against each other, and let the schools that don’t promote their students compete against each other. They operate under different rules, and they don’t belong on the same playground.

2 Likes

They 100% are. Your comparison is asinine as hell, just fyi.

4 Likes

Ofc because it’s a real life comparison. Nowhere in wows game do you ever get physically hurt (well unless you play for days without stopping :rofl:)

I’ll give you props since your logic isn’t entirely off. However, one thing. This is a game. Anytime you begin making outside world comparisons, you’re over thinking it (at least in my opinion).

Should high ilvl players be split from fresh 120s? I mean they farm GYs just as much. Should Blizz just roll back to the stat stick they tossed out in Legion, so there is no diversity/customization?

OR should we all just accept this argument is ridiculous? All gear twinks get, regular players can get (in fact a lot of lower level twinks get their gear from regular dungeons), all players have the opportunity to put enchants on heirlooms, and most importantly all players have the choice whether they play/don’t play unranked BGs for fun. If players put time into an account to have an advantage over others, why should they not be allowed to do so? In what world does that make sense?

One can compare arena score ratings as an example. Why do they have different rating systems? Is it because some people are better than other people? Is it because they do not want to match 1800 vs 2200? Why do they not just throw everyone in one arena group? This is one of the reasons I believe twinks belong in their own bracket. Its just not right or fair. I do not have anything against twinks. I just do not think its right to mix sheep with wolves. Again its two different groups, levelers and exp off. Apples and oranges.

Let’s compare skirmishes to random BGs, not rated arenas. Try again please.

ok, compare them, type out what you mean please.

Because you are competing for titles, same goes for rated BGs. Randoms, however, everyone is in the mix.

You’re comparing coordinated groups in arenas to twinks. There’s no comparison. Try again using something similar.

1 Like

my point is that they have tiers of players. They gate the entry level. the rewards are not of concern in my example

You’re talking about ranked matches? Not unranked, casual BGs. There’s a big difference. In random BGs fresh 120s get stomped by players in heroic/mythic gear. Where are the cries for separation there?

1 Like

For rated, they have to. You also can’t solo queue for rated pvp. Not a good comparison

Yes. And rated battlegrounds have tiers of players, but we’re discussing random battlegrounds.

at 120 you are not leveling. you do not gain exp and can eventually gear up. You cannot do that while leveling in bg’s in comparison to twinks.

I was using an example of how they have different levels of competition. sorry if I have not made it clear.

Based on rating, not gear

You’re right, you just level out and move along. There’s always going to be the X outplayed/outgeared/outwhateverd me. I’ve got more of a chance to outplay a bad twink than I do a bad player at 120 that has 50ilvls on me.