Twinks in 8.2

I thought the intent was to allow everyone a chance to hit 60? Kinda like the old mount situation, where they don’t want to encourage people to sprint to 60.

What do you think would make it suspicious?

It gives them time to talk about xp in BG’s and a template type system. If it was really about giving everyone a chance to hit 60, all raids would be delayed too.

Aren’t they treating Classic the same way it was years ago? We went a few months before Bgs came about.

2 Likes

Yes. They are releasing content is 4 phases (or is it more?) BGs are phase 3 and won’t be out until like 7 months into classic. Some are happy for the time to establish wpvp. Personally I’d rather have BGs after the first couple months.

They. would. not. dare. That goes so much against vanilla wow and the rpg elements that people are craving that it is ridiculous. The backlash would be quite severe. I’m not one of those people that says I won’t play because of small changes but that is massive and I for sure would not play classic like that. What’s the point?

2 Likes

Only if they abuse exploits to gain an unfair advantage like so many do on live these days…

But no, I won’t be. I expect them there and they are playing within the rules of the game. It will take a lot more effort to twink in Classic than it does in BfA.

That, and people can’t level via BG’s so you are all in the same boat.

The issue with live is the macro exploit being used to get around the separation.

1 Like

Looks like we’re ok.

Although he does bring up another point of concern… Why are xp-off players getting automatically grouped by the matchmaker with xp-on players in PvP? Shouldn’t they be in separate brackets?

Sounds like a good compromise.
At least until Classic release?

Well that’s the whole bug/exploit thing presumably.

Either they don’t even know the facts, or they are referring to certain brackets. Most brackets are separate, but f2p 20s and 110s without BfA are level locked without manually turning off xp.

If it is for dungeons they should just make it so if a character has their experience turned off, they enter a separate que server for a dungeon exclusively for people with experience disabled.

When did they add xp off as an option? I don’t remember it in vanilla but I do remember it being a thing in BC

I can’t remember if bgs awarded experience of not. I think it was possible to twink in some regard and just not kill monsters or do quests

That was probably it. You had to plan the runs you did to try to get your pieces and then, at some point, you had to just stop cause you couldn’t risk dinging a level

WOTLK was when experience was added to battlegrounds.

1 Like

You essentially had to prioritize gear from quests and exploration XP-gains to needed destinations. Getting rep and gear from dungeons was the easy part since you could do “dead runs” to avoid XP gains. Let someone clear the dungeon, run in and die to boss. Let the carry kill the boss, rez, then loot.

1 Like

You and I must be playing different games.

I wouldn’t say twinking is harder, it’s just different. More dungeon gear and rare drops that can be farmed.

Dunno that I’ll do a 29 Feral again though :stuck_out_tongue:

And then the queue would never pop, just like PvP, so no. You aren’t affected by the debuff unless you join a party with a twink before queuing anyway. Non issue.

I agree the que is rediculous for lvl 19 players (thats why i haven’t used mine in a while)
One of the ways around that was making a community for 19’s. Every battleground we were posting the invite link in chat and within a week we had around 400 level 19 players to group with.

Only problem with that is that you can’t get a bg que at that level with more than 3 people I think.

But they put specific rules on it because the way they intended the game to be is not to have minmaxed twinks running around, we just found some loopholes.

Yeah I don’t remember XP in BG’s or XP-off in BG’s either. In fact I don’t recall doing BG’s at low level but that may have just been my preference. Pretty sure AV was max level only, at least.

That said, the NPC Slahtz (Horde NPC off guy) was added in patch 3.2.0.10192, according to the Wowheads. That’d be Wrath. Unless he had a predecessor.