Twinking is out of control in bgs. A fix: stat cap

They did that and it didn’t work well. I forget the reasons. Maybe it was because queue times for both types got longer.

The twink is going to queue in their bracket far more often than someone leveling through it.

When you think a game is torture I think that may be a sign you need to back away

What they need to do is bring back PvP stat templates for instanced PvP until max level. Once you hit 120, stat templates go away. But from 10-119? Stat Templates are enabled.

It fixed twinking. Stat templates were AMAZING from 1-109 in Legion. It made low level battlegrounds amazingly fun. Everyone was on equal ground, no matter the level, no matter the gear.

Stat templates actually made twinking worse on regular players. It was all about the ilvl then, much easier to gear twinks with insane ilvl’s that just dumped stats on us. Now twinks actually have to worry about good gear instead of just ilvl. half the ilvl came from vendor items.

this isn’t even slightly true. You have no idea how templates worked.

yeah… ilvl being the only thing that mattered was dumb way to do it.
I dunno. I don’t like evening everything cuz then why are we even playing WoW (a improve-your-character-over-time game) and not just a queue for bgs game.

plus the templates were imbalanced, like rogues were garbage in low level bgs with legion templates.

You definitely did not play legion then because there was ALOT of complaining about discs survival hunters and more

2 Likes

Surv was insane in legion. I could easily gy camp a whole team solo as long as there were no other true twinks.

1 Like

Yeah everyone was playing 1 I had a bunch of bgs where there was like 8/10 of em sometimes even 10/10 but that was rare. there will always be no balance at low lvl something will always be broken legion is a example of that

Even if there were other twinks, as a survival hunter twink you could still rack up them kills. Man, there were so many survival hunter twinks in low level bg’s through out legion it was stupid.

Also, lets not forget “The one above all” Disc twinks who were absolutely soul crushing to have to face even if I was playing another twink.

The best of both worlds as a disc priest, dps and heals all rolled up into an “OMG THIS SUCKS” class.

1 Like

disc was rough. A geared disc was the only class I had issues with. I had to use my trap as an interrupt and pop a pot on them.

1 Like

god fire mage is such useless garbage. just had a bg with my team having 1 kill total and enemy team having like 35. theres no point to this rant or this game. I should just stop doing bgs

yeah they are. arcane all the way.

Honestly, I preferred when the brackets were separated. You had your twink bracket and then you had the normal bracket.

Sadly, the twink bracket took so long to join a game it was no wonder Blizzard reverted that change.

As for disc, it got to the point in legion that’s a lot of what you ran into early games, dic and survival hunter. God help you if both twinks were on the same team. Gy gamping till you just quit the game.

yeah there were some unkillable tanks at certain points

As a player that twinks I 100% agree with you that Twinks and non-Twinks must be separated. I don’t want to play with non-twinks who get owned, nor am I in the game to teach new people how to play. No XP characters should have a private queue!

1 Like

I don’t see the problem with twinks. They’re just toons with gear. It’s like a lvl 120 with gear fighting a fresh lvl 120.

Twinking is like college kids beating up middle school kids.

There’s a reason blizz put you in your own queue.

You want to kill off one of the last things to do in this game?

Dont everyone now have heirlooms they use in low level BGs?
I dont know, as I havnt done low level BGs since before heirlooms.
But, if thats the case, and everyone uses heirlooms.
Why cant everyone else get them instead of complaining about them?

1 Like

Yep, this is what heirlooms are capable of.

1 Like