Twinking is out of control in bgs. A fix: stat cap

I like pvp, and want to learn how to pvp as I level. I can’t pick a damage role in low level bgs because I do not have any end game characters that can deck my lower level characters out in enchants and gear. A simple solution would be a stat cap: At level 19 you can’t have any more than X amount of strength. The cap should a players average gear at level 19. Any kind of enchants or potions and what not, void em.

16 Likes

Absolutely agree. Something to give people the equality of opportunity in Random Battlegrounds will make the experience for people trying to level in them way better. As it is right now, winning a Random battleground is contingent on how many twinks are on your team and the opposing team which is complete garbage.

13 Likes

They had a stay template in legion somewhat like you’re describing and they scrapped it this expansion. Dunno why, but it’s back to that and I’m fine with it even if I get knocked around by twinks in low level BGs .

2 Likes

don’t agree - there is nothing wrong with people using the tools in the game to gear up characters to the best of their ability - you have that opportunity as well.

and if you can afford heirlooms you can afford enchants

18 Likes

For low level PvP, gear should not count at all.

No one should get 1-2 shotted when introduced to PvP for the first time.

24 Likes

why not have separate brackets for those who turned off experience gains, or does that make the que time too ridiculous and you would want twinks to be allowed in so the que times are short enough to justify even queing for pvp?

3 Likes

They used to have separate queues but the queue times must have got ridiculous.

Blizzard could do what OP wants but I seriously doubt driving all the twinks out of bg would make them happy if they had to wait 40 minutes to get into a bg.

Maybe because caring about gear should matter. Maybe someone in cata gear doing legion bgs doesn’t deserve to be at the same ilvl as someone who has worked hard to get a few % better.

9 Likes

I miss the template, the only people that complained about it, didn’t like that they had to actually beat people because they were good instead of out gearing.

8 Likes

The template greatly favored some specs, and put others at a big disadvantage.

The people who liked the templates and thought they should be applied in wpvp were those who had chosen to play those FOTM specs that got a big free handout.

9 Likes

They weren’t perfect and they needed revised sure, but I stick to my comment the only people who wanted gear stats back needed their handicap of over gearing back.

5 Likes

Go right ahead and believe what makes you feel better about playing an FOTM spec in order to get ahead of the non-FOTM specs. Hey, how is that different from getting 3% advantage from grinding out 25 artifact traits on a 98 in Legion? Who worked harder? Certainly not you.

Guardian was my main spec. Guardians had the lowest health in any bg, less even than resto druids in bear form.

Versatility was our main stat. The templates gave us zero versatility. I was the lowest health and squishiest player in the bg.

You liked templates. That tells me you were playing an OP spec that got a free “I win” from templates.

3 Likes

BGs at that level can be a bit brutal because of a couple of items that are available in the game to people who manage to get them, in particular a trinket called Ramstein’s Lightning Bolt. I was doing a bg the other day and a warrior had that and I was one-shot before I could blink; its extremely powerful.

But no one is invincible. And you can get some decent enchants and gear even without a high level toon. That trinket I mentioned above drops from normal play.

I don’t know that any sort of homogenisation is necessarily good for the game. There has been a bit too much of that in the game already, with talent trees being removed and talent becoming nothing more than extra spells or abilities. And I had heard that Disc Priests were very effective in pvp, but I haven’t played one for a while so I can’t say if that is still the case.

It had nothing to do with FotM specs.

Let me use over watch as an example here.

We both play it okay, You play far more than me, but I’m a more skilled player. I can still go into a match and out preform you.

In WoW we play the same class, again i have limited time you don’t you’ve farmed gear non-stop… even though I’m a better player you will still out preform me because you no lifed the game and collected better gear. You’re no longer playing competitive based on skill, you’re literally playing who has more time to acquire gear.

That’s not healthy for any kind of competitive PvP setting while templates needed work, and looked at more closely they evened that playing field between skilled and no lifer quite a lot.

FotM classes didn’t exist because of the template, they existed because of over powered skills etc. like they’ve always existed, and will always exist. You’ll always have that basement troll that will reroll to FotM instead of playing what they enjoy. That existed before templates, it still exists now.

Edit for clarity: I’m not calling you a no lifer personally this was just for an example.

1 Like

Lol I use ramsteins lighting bolts all the way till I get to level 120 on my Prot Warrior. The damage is better than any other ability I have by like x2. Didnt know other people actually knew about it tho.

I don’t play overwatch and never have, so your example is irrelevant.

As a 98, I put literally hundreds of hours into farming AP to increase the power of my weapon, which gave me a 3% advantage in PvP. You instead chose to play an FOTM spec that got you a huge stat template advantage with zero effort into your gear.

I’m failing to see why you think I should agree you deserve even more than you got from milking the system the way you did.

3 Likes

Because the more skilled player should always win over the person that farmed stats… This isn’t rocket science.

Again FotM existed before, Templates and will after too. This has nothing to do with FotM

Again people that like being able to over gear are people that need a handicap to win. end of story.

5 Likes

As a person who has done low level BGs and gets 1-2 shot occasionally, its also fun to be the one to do the 1-2 shotting. So I guess I’m 50/50 on this matter.

1 Like

It has everything to do with an FOTM player who had a huge PvP advantage while leveling looking at a twink that had a 3% advantage and was a better player and wanting them to be punished for that small gearing advantage they earned.

So you have heirlooms but you can’t afford enchants?

4 Likes