Twinking is out of control in bgs. A fix: stat cap

Not anymore, it used to be that way but currently for BFA it isn’t like that.

1 Like

So you like leveling and others like to twink.

Subs lost would be a lot.

I guess this might be argument if the op couldnt just make there own twink but they an everyone else can so all I see here is more whining that they cant auto win the game

But how will the alliance win BGs if they can’t twink? :yum:

For real though, twinking is awful. Though most of the twinking I see is on the alliance side. Not sure why everyone does it on that side.

I disagree. If people want to twink they should be allowed to. It has been in the game since forever.

However, I do feel like they should be put back into their own bracket again because it is getting a little ridiculous.

I’ve seen the opposite holy crap. Leveling this rogue has been a nightmare because there was a premade of horde twinks doing BGs ALL DAY yesterday. ;-;

The problem is twinks don’t want to fight other twinks, they want to murder non-twink people in a couple of hits. Apparently that’s considered “fun”…

It reminds me of 13 years or something ago when I was playing daoc. I had a “twink” at a low level battleground. It was some serious twinking too because you had to have a buffbot too(lol) along with enchanted super gear. You would 1-2 shot pretty much every other player and it would take almost a group of players to take you down. I never found that very fun so stopped doing it.

3 Likes

Are you serious? Well that is interesting.

Yes, it’s why twinking is a thing again.

1 Like

I don’t really complain a lot about Blizzard but it seems they are going out of their way to undo everything that they have done before. I wonder why.

2 Likes

I think it might just be an oversight. But if it’s on purpose it’s not a good move.

It’s a lot better than it was.

Twinks used to be like little expensive sportscars that players would spend insane time and gold on.

Nowadays, most ‘twinks’ are just alts in heirloom vendor gear. The absolute best XP comes from queing for everything while questing. On the bright side, the stat curve is so flat that any blue (or purple) gear will be equal or better for 20+ levels.

They should make it how it was in legion

That’s how it used to be but twinks started to cry about how they can’t 1-shot undergeared characters anymore so blizz reverted the decision. Because that’s really all it’s about. They’ll try to tell you it’s about the “accomplishment” of dumping a few thousand gold on some enchants and items but at the end of the day it comes down to 1-shotting undergeared characters. It’s the only reason these people twink and the only enjoyment they get out of it.

It’s a handicap, like another poster mentioned. They couldn’t make it in a real PvP battle so they need to be decked out in head to toe versus some guy in looms or quest greens so they can 1-shot and move on.

It’s a totally different monster from high end PvP where a guy in a full set can edge you out because he actually had to earn that set from PvPing well. Twinking just takes gold investment and nothing more. Even I could make this guy into a 59 twink without any actual work, at most maybe running a dungeon on a max level alt a couple of times for a specific BoE drop?

There’s also the issue that class balance is all over the place sub-90/120, disc priests and druids are ridiculous in the first bracket while other classes untwinked may as well just afk at the start lest they be farmed for honor.

I would prefer it if low level PvP was just something you could do to gain xp and take a break from the monotony of questing or running dungeons. But really you just play second fiddle to twinks who run the show which ruins it.

1 Like

That had nothing to do with it. Twinks were as surprised as everyone else when they eliminated their separate queue.

And the idea that Blizz would do a favor for a group that they barely tolerate is ridiculous.

The real problem is premades. I think that premades should have a separate queue.

I agreed with you? Although, they don’t balance anything around low level PvP so they aren’t focusing on who is wearing cata gear or not. I’m fine with them ditching the stat template and I am not worried about twinks. If I am going to do low level PvP I will make my own twink and even the odds a bit.

Whatcha mean?
That is exactly what got me hooked on PVP when I started UO. Many many moons ago.

It wasn’t just an I got pwned moment. I got whattheflakpwned!
That was not flying with me. So I made it a point to learn the ins and outs of PvP.
Not the greatest or even good but I love it and have fun doing it.
Even if I’m getting rekted. Lol

You are going to get rekt when you first start pvpin.
If you’re a healer expect it even more.
You already have a target on your back from players like me in bg’s.
I specifically seek out, kill, harass, cc, slow, root, interupt, and make healers move.
You will not stand there and free cast if I’m on the other team.
You’re cc’ed or dead.
Running is a skill. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

I despise arcane mages in low brackets like 19 that spam arcane missles.

Going to need some kind of citations for this claim you’re making.

Oh yea cause max level twinks who outgear and roflstomp fresh max levels in questing gear is somehow different than lower brackets? LOL

Do you say potatoe or patatoe?

It’s on both sides.

At 110 horde have 3 to 4 twink communities which they sometimes do mercenary for BGs.

I know why I twink at 110. I feel like my gear is progressing but as a 120 I do not feel as though I am progressing.

So, I enjoy doing island expedition, WPvP(yea I know a 120 most likely will beat me down but I still enjoy it), quest, bgs, raids, and whatever.

My 120 is about 365ilvl to 370 or higher I forgot. With no ilvl scaling in WPvP, BGs, arena, and little wpve. I just don’t feel like I should play the 120. Gear that doesn’t matter than I don’t care. I am not going to jump on a hamster wheel to get more ilvl which only really works in the place which you get the gear. a never ending process in which I don’t gain anything only to do more of the same thing.

1 Like

Actually max lvl 120s if regular gear is ilvl 300 and Azerite gear is 340ilvl they will scale to whoever is fighting them.

You cannot have unequipped 385 and put on 340. You will be scaled as 385 so you would be weaker. Some ppl don’t know that so if a person has an higher ilvl in bank or in their bags they are just gimping themselves.