Trying to start Legion

I’ve posted out here, since my return to the game, and have received some very helpful responses to my queries. I am at an impasse once again: how do I start Legion?? My main is an Alliance BM Hunter, I just finished Loremaster of Draenor, most garrison quests/events plus dungeons (& raids since reaching lvl 50). Being late to the party (just came back to WoW after the release of shadowlands) i appreciate all the great expansion(s) help from the forums, WoWHead, Icy-Veins, my son (a life long gaming addict) & my slowly returning memory of the game (which almost means squat!).

So I missed the Pre-Expansion (Legion) event, okay no biggy, but to start Legion has become … an issue. I do not want to just dive in, I was hoping for a lead-in like there was for for Pandaria & WoD. So many things have happened: the destruction of Darnassus by the Burning of Teldrassil; the corruption of Garrosh; the Zandalari running amuck in Pandaria; the displacement of Dalaran to Deadwind; and the Horde trying to retake their homeland … so bummed; and the return of the Legion. I am told (via, Can’t start Quests in Legion to start Legion I must get the Hero’s Call quest, “Broken Shore: Fight The Legion” off the city boards - 1 week now & nada on the Call board; also told to find Recruiter Lee , thanks WoWHead - who is nowhere to be found in Stormwind; or find Archivist Elysiana or Arch-Mage Khadgar (also WoWHead, The Legion Returns - who I can’t find in old or new Dalaran; or find Chromie, who will not talk to me (now that I am level 50, it seems), keeping repeating “Icecrown needs you”.

I liked the Scenario format for late-comers in Pandaria with the addition of the Seat of Knowledge Lorewalkers (Fu, Shin & Han) in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms - why can’t we have something like that (in each main city) for all those past events that only come up randomly, 3 at time, on the Hero’s Call board allowing us to pick & choose from the complete list?

To recap: how do I start Legion now that I am level 50+?

Thanks in advance,
Liam

1 Like

I had the same problem on one of my alts. Accept a quest off the Hero’s Call board and see if the Broken Shore one replaces it. I had to grab a couple of quests off the board before it showed up.

4 Likes

I think you can do the the button for recommended content and select items that are on the heros call. But don’t use hers call since it gives so few. The button by dungeons and shop etc.

Tyrelicus, thanks for the info. The “Adventure Guide” button only brings up current content, ie., Shadowlands content on all 4 tabs. Doesn’t help this situation. Maybe if I had not bought the SL exp other content would of showed up. It looks like the Adventure Guide button only deals with pvp, dungeon, raid and legendary item content.

xactly what I am doing, thank you Cottonpaws (nice name btw!). I hope it show up soon …

1 Like

At level 51 blizz is probably trying to guide you away from dirty, dirty legacy content, blizz hates that stuff.

4 Likes

If your character is level 50 or above, visit the Hero’s Call Board in Stormwind or the Warchief’s Command Board in Orgrimmar and pick up the Broken Shore option “Fight The Legion”. This will grant you the quest “The Legion Returns” (Alliance/Horde).

When you turn this quest in, Recruiter Lee (Alliance) or Holgar Stormaxe (Horde) will give you a choice to skip the introductory quest line to the Broken Shore. If you choose to skip, you will be immediately teleported to Dalaran and you will be asked to hand in the last quest, In the Blink of an Eye —turn in this quest to receive your Dalaran Hearthstone. In the Blink of an Eye is now offered from the message board in SW/OG when the pre-quest are completed, at least for DH.

Thank you Nobully - I have that Blizz post marked in my opening post. Something happened to my main character, so I was hoping for a way to fix the problem, unfortunately I do not know how it happened. My level 50 warrior, whom I have not taken out of Pandaria, went to Stormwind & could talk with Chromie & could see the Broken Isle intro. I feel that phasing and/or questing in Draenor may have something to do with it. Any way, just hitting the Hero’s Call board quests hoping the Broken Isles quest line pops up.

Chromie stopped talking with me @ 50. This was after the auto quest for SL came up. In order for me to enable chromie again, I had to accept then abandon the SL intro quest from morgraine, then chromie gave me an option where to go again. That how I ended up starting Legion content.

Have to be fast though as the SL quest auto returns and accepts again after about 5 to 10 seconds.

(I’ve had to return to the current timeline in order to start a new one, as well)

You cannot use Chromie Time once you hit level 50. So you will have to keep cycling through accepting every quest on the Hero’s Call board.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind replies. It finally came up on the Hero’s Call board. All is good … for now :wink:

3 Likes

If anyone else has troubles with this still, all you need to do is find chromie and change your timeline to legion.

I’m pretty sure they force you into Shadowlands at level 50. You can just go to Legion Dalaran and start picking up quests, but you won’t get experience.

Another necro brothers.

You can’t do that if you’re level 50+.

Yuh if you wanted to do all the old content best bet would of been to lock your level when you reach 49 and use Chromie time which well isn’t an option for you now