Trying to rehome a guild right now is an absolute catastrophe

I just need to vent. My guild is reforming for WOTLK and boy did we pick the wrong time to come back to WoW. Half our players are spread across Mega Servers and the others got dumped on Sulfuras after the servers merged. We started getting people over to Grobbulus a few weeks ago, then the Ques began and Grobb was locked without warning. Now we have 25 people all over the place with various restrictions on various cross sections of the raid preventing us from all being together on a healthy PVP server.

US PVP SERVERS:

• GROBBULUS - Mega Server (LOCKED)
  • ANGERFORGE - Fresh Start Server (LOCKED TO TRANSFERS)
  • SKYFURY - Fresh Start Server (LOCKED)
  • WHITEMANE - LOCKED (NOT ACCEPTING TRANSFERS AT THIS TIME)
  • ERANIKUS - LOCKED (TO ANYONE NOT ALREADY ON A MEGA SERVER)
  • SULFURAS - LOCKED (NOT ACCEPTING TRANSFERS AT THIS TIME)
  • BENEDICTION - Mega Server (LOCKED)
  • FAERLINA - Mega Server (LOCKED)

Our PVP options:

• Earthfury - Medium Pop

Thats it. That’s the only PVP server open to us right now.

We came from Anathema – a deader than dead server in Classic for TWO YEARS that started as MEDIUM POP so there is no way in hell we are paying $25 only to roll the dice and risking another disaster like that. We were burned already. We have no faith or trust there. As a guild leader there is no way I’m asking my players to do this again and risk burning them all.

So basically our only option is to go to a healthy high pop PVE server for the first time in 18 years and give up world pvp entirely - a HUGE element of the game and something none of us want to do. Because that’s the only ‘smart’ play we can make.

Worse still I have friends that managed to do a paid transfer to Grobb in time, and now need to transfer again but their characters are on transfer cooldown for 90 days and are thinking about just giving up and quitting the game entirely over this. This is a complete sht show.

I just want to play with my friends again.

You have no idea how frustrating and disappointing this situation is.

Quite literally one of the worst experiences I have ever had in WoW or gaming.

A 10 hour que would be preferable to this nightmare.

26 Likes

Juat wait… Wrath launch is right around the corner!

13 Likes

This is what’s holding you back. You want a PVP server…for what exactly? You listed off a bunch of Full and Locked PVP servers I see, well I don’t need to tell you that they’re only PVP in name. Pagle would work just as fine.

2 Likes

You’re right. there is no difference between a 99% one-faction pvp server and a pve one.

Pagle won’t work though, it’s locked.

1 Like

Yep. Blizzard decided it’s gonna strong arm this issue now. Unfortunately there will be many people with stories like yours.

1 Like

I feel your pain. It sucks and I hope things work out for you.

2 Likes

I’ve got a friend that just started playing the game right before grobbulus locked but wanted to try retail first. Now it’s locked and we can’t play classic together because we didn’t know blizzard was going to lock the server randomly. This is awful.

2 Likes

I mean, the world PvP in Classic is gigatrash. As a former world PvP fanatic from Vanilla to Classic Vanilla, I haven’t missed world PvP (i.e. the type available in classic – sorely miss quality world PvP) since I rerolled on a PvE server. Especially now that almost every server is a de facto PvE server anyhow with 99% one faction, I would heavily reconsider how much you guys actually stand to lose from the swap.

1 Like

Silence, bot. Pve servers are not an option.

I’ve honestly never seen such horrendous product mismanagement as I’ve seen with blizzard these last few weeks.

For a year, they took peoples transfer money with no indication these transfers would become a problem. They then open servers to transfer to, only to close transfers with less than a weeks notice. That gives you a week to find time to wait through a four hour queue, clear your mailbox etc just to be able to transfer. Then they lock transfers to mega servers with almost no warning at all, just so people transfer there, only for their returning friends to be unable to join them due to the lock. Then they open free transfers to certain servers, but only if you’re already on one of the mega servers. People returning to join friends can’t make toons on these servers as they’re locked for everyone that isn’t already on a mega server.

The entire thing is a giant dumpster fire and it blows my mind the amount of people siding with them over it. I highly anticipate this will kill of wrath, despite everyone excitement to finally play their favorite expansions. An absolute mess:

7 Likes

Unlock the servers already.

We already know the moment they do that, everyone is prepared to transfer over to Grob. The longer they wait, the worse itll be.

Keep the servers locked.

Unless

There are rolling restarts of the server to mitigate remote connections from saving from queue avoidments.

If you’re going to lie about something, make sure it’s not about something anyone can just log in and prove wrong in 5 seconds. Pagle is Full, not Locked.

Same here op, this whole thing was poorly communicated/managed.

What’s worse, if you transferred off of one of the merged servers to get to one with people on it, you are locked out of transferring for up to 90 days.

3 of us moved from sulfuras before it was merged because there was no communication until it was too late. Now we are either boosting, leveling other characters that we can actually play together with.

1 Like

Well if its unlocked now, it just happened, because it has been locked for a while.

I’d appreciate you not calling me a liar.

Heads up. Only one of those “PvP” servers are actually PvP servers. Some of the servers in your initial list of locked servers are completely onesided 99.9% one single faction. So don’t let that “PvP” designation fool you… these are PvE servers for all intents and purposes.

The only real, true, PvP server is Grobb. Thats it. Every other server is a PvE server, regardless of the tag.

5 Likes

Good luck. Blizzard really bungled server capacity and balance.

On the flip side, maybe one or two servers offer anything close to actual world PVP.

The rest are PVP in name only where all the tryhards can claim they play on ‘real’ servers.

2 Likes

Well what you said was completely false and you stated it as a fact. So what should I call you?

Pagle isn’t locked but the guild can’t transfer there:

Either way, there are other viable PVE servers but they don’t want to go there.

Allowing paid transfers as well to Eranikus would probably be the best solution here (for the OP). I want Earthfury to bounce back but I wouldn’t advocate for transferring there at this time. Maybe there will be a better option before the raids start in Wrath anyway? Yeah i can see how this whole thing would suck for a returning guild.

2 Likes

They are when the PvP server you are on is a 99/1% server, effectively making it PvE for one side.

1 Like