Trying To Get More Information

So yesterday I had a GM try and fix a problem with my covenant campaign after switching covenants. Suffice it to say this was the 4th GM who had attempted to fix this issue and this one wasn’t able to do it either, but this time things apparently went horribly wrong and now I can’t login to my character. They even upped the problem to a higher level GM and they still couldn’t fix the problem so they said I could have to wait up to 72 hours for the problem to resolve.

I guess at this point I’ve just kind of given up that my character will likely be broken for quite some time since upon trying to login to the WoW Companion app it won’t let me login to that either with a completely different message about that I don’t have the right version when I 100% have the app updated. So ultimately I’m just trying to understand exactly what happened and how worried I should be about the problem. Is my character gone? Is it corrupted? Is this issue going to last for weeks/months? Am I going to finally log on to find half my stuff is missing? I can’t possibly remember every little detail about my character so does Blizzard have some kind of backup they can use to restore it?

I’m also trying to understand what exactly happened because I had this campaign issue fixed before with no issues and then suddenly now it’s a huge issue that’s completely broken my character. That’s why I didn’t even hesitate to contact a GM about this issue because the last time it was so easy to get resolved. Anyway, just wanting some more information so maybe I can put my mind at ease about how bad this is (or worry myself that it’s terrible).

Also, sorry if my communication skills aren’t great, I have some severe medical issues that make it difficult for me to communicate.

Didn’t you just take Vrakthris through the ringer for this in another thread? You shouldn’t create duplicate ones.

He already said in the last thread that they didn’t. All you can do is work with the GMs through tickets to see what they can do for you.

6 Likes

I wasn’t trying to take anyone “through the ringer” I was just trying to understand what exactly happened. Like I said, I’m sorry if my communication skills aren’t great but I have some severe medical issues.

I can’t give you an outline of what happened, Empowerments, it’s a bug, the character became inaccessible. The only thing I can tell you is what we’ve said before, the character appears to be inaccessible at the moment.

No, it isn’t gone, it isn’t corrupted, it just cannot be accessed right now.

We can’t say for certain. That seems unlikely, but it may take several days for the issue to be resolved.

As I said yesterday, there is no reason to believe so, no.

Again, as I said yesterday several times, there isn’t a “back up” to restore too as you may understand it.

I am not seeing any issues with an inability to communicate, Empowerments, but I’d ask that you take a bit more time reading my replies. You seem to be forgetting or ignoring anything that I’ve said from the previous thread.

11 Likes

I don’t mean that as an insult to your integrity. I’m just saying that the other thread basically exhausted everything there was to talk about so creating a new one was unnecessary. Your only options seem to be tied to working with GMs through tickets to investigate the problem and try to find some kind of solution or compensation if the issue cannot be resolved. You should just stick to that, as frustrating as it is to wait.

1 Like

I was actually going to reply to the other one from yesterday but it looked like it had gotten locked so I didn’t know what else to do. I guess I just still don’t fully understand the problem, so I guess I’ll just have to accept that and move on. For me I’m not even all that worried about compensation, I know it wasn’t their intention to break things. There’s just some underlying emotions about the issue that I can’t really talk about here.

I think we all understand the frustration, Empowerments, and I don’t blame you for wanting what details you can get.

I simply can’t really give you much there. The ability to log into the character is what is bugged. The character itself doesn’t seem to be, it is intact and there, it just cannot currently be accessed.

We’re hoping that clears up and you can access the character as soon as possible. I’m not aware of any situation in which we simply wouldn’t work to get the character into a state that can be accessed again. It all works by degrees though. Other similar issues clear up with time, which is why the Game Master asked you to wait for 72 hours. If it doesn’t clear up, our staff will go from there.

6 Likes

Can I ask just one extra thing though? Just curious but why does waiting the 72 hours help? Does the server fix the error randomly sometimes? Just trying to understand so I can figure out what else I should do while I wait so I don’t get my hopes up that it’ll be fixed soon.

Also, it was concerning to me that I can’t login to the WoW Companion (phone) app and my armory profile doesn’t exist anymore :frowning:

The “roll-backs” mentioned in the other thread are extremely misleading; they are not back-ups, roll-backs, or character reversals. They are side-effects of how databases work and are managed.

I tried to type up some explanations but realised it’d just make things a lot more confusing. Sorry.

It can, yes. The server monitors the state of your character so in situations where it is stuck, or in a bad state, it tries to rectify that bad state. There are two periods of time that are usually used. The first is 72 hours. The second is maintenance. When the servers shut down completely, something that really only happens with maintenance, it can clear up some issues that cannot otherwise be addressed live.

6 Likes

Dude trust vrak and what he is telling you. There is a reason he has his own NPC in thousand needles. You did come to the right place to look for information. And our SFA’s have gone out of there way to assist you. Now we all know downtime really sucks and we know your situation is super rare. But I trust blizzard will do what it takes to get your character fixed and you will be back playing.

6 Likes

Hello, I just wanted to see if maybe you could give me some more information since the issue hasn’t been fixed yet and it’s been more than 72 hours. Obviously tomorrow is maintenance day so does that mean the character will 100% be fixed tomorrow? At this point I’m just getting increasingly worried because it seems like the problem must be pretty severe if GMs can’t even do anything to fix it.

That is why it was escalated to the devs…

2 Likes

Oh I’m not necessarily trying to rush anything, just trying to get more information and give them as much information as they need from me. I haven’t really been asked any questions yet so I mainly just sit here worried when normally I’d be playing. I’ve more or less made Blizzard games my sole form of entertainment so when issues like this arise I don’t have much else to do. I guess I should invest in a console or something.

If there was more information available u have a notification by ur icon or vrak or someone else wouldve said something. In this case work on a alt or another toon.

I actually didn’t know it had been escalated to the devs, I was just told I had to wait the 72 hours and then there’d be another step. How do you see if it’s been escalated?

Your right it hasnt been mentioned I think its probably safe to assume if it doesnt clear up by reset tommorow it will be escalated if it hasnt already.

It sounds to me like it actually hasn’t been escalated to that point yet, and that they’re hoping that whatever failsafes they have will fix it at the 72 hour mark or with server reset. If that doesn’t fix it though, most likely it will get escalated for a dev to work on it. If that happens there is no open ticket or way to monitor that process - the GM will just let you know that’s what is happening. Unfortunately if that ends up being the case, it is possible for it to take some time for them to fix it - much more than 72 hours. Hopefully it doesn’t head that way though.

It’s so weird to me how I thought it was a minor issue with my campaign being bugged (since they had fixed it before) and then it turned into this. Really never thought something so minor could completely break a character lol.

You havent been here long enough lol let me tell you a story of yore of a guy that had exp turned off and had to get some GM intervention.

The GM had to turn on exp to fix the issue and when he did he lvled the toon that was never meant to be lvled twinking. Back in the day deleveling was near impossible because doing so could break the toon which is why GMS couldnt do it, even now its rare but less game breaking.

Back then it had to be escalated to the development team because of the work needed.

2 Likes