Trying to find groups in Classic is as awful as it ever was

Just give us the LFG tool for the love of god. If you’re on a medium-low pop server finding groups for anything is absolutely painful. We’re talking days looking for a group to run a single dungeon, by which time you’ve outleveled it.

42 Likes

Finding groups is fine.

126 Likes

Im on a low pop server and dont have a problem

66 Likes

Did you try using the LFG chat channel? That one works across the entire server instead of zones.

25 Likes

0/10, there’s no “medium low” servers that have been around enough for you to spend “days looking for a group” and outleveling it.

41 Likes

go back to retail.

LFG kills the community.

97 Likes

Just grab the LFG Classic Addon. It helps sort out the spam in all the channels and lets you know who is LF more players.

People hate on the tool to the point where the author is getting literal death threats and that’s honestly sad since all it does is parse the info that’s already there at their command.

8 Likes

the only problems i’ve had looking for groups is being a mage specced fire instead of frost / aoe. nobody wants to take a fire mage. everyone wants to aoe down the instances as fast as possible.

1 Like

I feel your frustration, I cant even find a group waiting in my full pop server que for 184 mins. But when I do get back on I ask in general or read and see if others are needing groups. Which are plenty and non mage AoE . You only find them ques in citys which I nice.

2 Likes

Yep, worse than trade chat, not to mention the issue of having 1 channel for every dungeon in the game makes it very difficult to find people for the specific dungeon you are looking for. Again, the LFG tool just does the same thing in a much more efficient way.

3 Likes

Its gone, deal with it. The overwhelming response of people hated it, thats why blizz ditched it.

23 Likes

I’ve tried this addon, it didn’t seem to do anything at all. Didn’t Blizzard break it?

1 Like

oh and I am a slow leveler, no rush just enjoying the experience once again. And if I really needed a dugeon there are now higher levels offering carries for silver, yes silver. Gold for us low levels is a strange commodity.

1 Like

I’m really not seeing this, I wasn’t around in the original Classic, I’m not on a high pop server. But don’t have a lot of trouble finding groups. You’re not going to get one in the day so much but it picks up at night. I’m ok with how it’s working.

It would never warrant having a group finder tool.

2 Likes

How does LFG “kill the community”, do you even know what the LFG tool is, or are you thinking of dungeon finder, which is a completely different thing?

I’m not on a high pop server. But don’t have a lot of trouble finding groups. You’re not going to get one in the day so much but it picks up at night. I’m ok with how it’s working.

So I guess people who play during the day are just out of luck and should play a different game so that people who only play for 2 hours a night can enjoy having people talk in LFG chat channel?

7 Likes

No LFG was one of the things that ruined the game. they add it people will just leave

11 Likes

Another genius who doesn’t know the difference between dungeon finder and LFG.

13 Likes

There is a “LFG” channel already. your either asking for a tool to automate it or your asking for the channel that already exists?

7 Likes

I don’t disagree with the premise but the part of that tool that was ACTUALLY destructive was the instant teleport to the dungeon and not the ability to easily find people to DO said dungeons.

Looking for raid on the other hand…

4 Likes

Think like, well, a classic-era player would.

Travel to the zone the dungeon is in and ask. Problem solved.

7 Likes