Trying to Find Date Character Was Created

I’m trying to find out what date a character of mine was created on. There doesn’t seem to be a way through any of the account/character management options.

Is this something CS can look up for me?

(A) Velenic - Darkspear

What I’ve always done is check when that character hit level 10, generally the first achievement you get. That won’t get you the exact date, but it should be within a few days at least.

7 Likes

Nor something you can see exactly, Forum - but it is something we can.

Also not something we routinely do, but I can take a peek here for you.

Let’s see, oh - a birthday is coming up soon, end of this month.

7/23/2008

7 Likes

Has development ever considered adding a general “Hello world!” achievement or some small mechanism by which we can always refer to our character creation dates?

8 Likes

If you want to offer the suggestion, best to do such in general. The blues here don’t really have that knowledge offhand.

3 Likes

Given that most characters likely reach level 10 within a handful of hours, I would think the level 10 achievement would close enough for most players as far as tracking a character’s creation date. As Tolna mentioned, though, if you’d like to make the suggestion, General Discussion would be the appropriate forum. Otherwise their is an in-game suggestion UI located in the Help menu.

4 Likes

The only downside to that would be for characters made before the achievement system went into effect. OG characters and accounts, that would exclude them from this easier marker, unfortunately.

9 Likes

The /played command used to display character creation date as well as total time played on the character so I’d imagine the information is still available and perhaps available via the UI.

I would recommend either submitting an in-game suggestion that the old /display functionality be re-enabled or contacting one of the addon authors who create Addons to view/change data that have had their Display elements removed from the game.

The /Played command only shows how long you have been logged into someone in game. It will not give you a good idea how old he or she is. Should do like eve online and put a born on date as part of the basic info.

1 Like

Only problem with that is only achieves are seen from 2008 onward, they don’t show dates for things you did before that date.

3 Likes

Hey fantastic Orlyia, thanks :slight_smile:

Wow, the character is a lot older than I thought, that’s awesome.

2 Likes