Try to encourage people to use the realm forums

I remember when EVERYBODY used the realm forums.

3 Likes

We’ll get there. I think right now, most of us are just focused on leveling.

2 Likes

I remember back in the day on Dunemaul we would gank each other and then immediately go and joke around about it on the forums afterward. Good times.

I agree, I wish more people were using them.

1 Like

Thought to check out the forum at random today. Hi people, good to see yal.

Edit: 3 of 4 are warriors, dead ones at that!

1 Like

I’m dead inside, if it helps any.

Agreed, would be awesome if the had official bnet groups for servers also that auto connected with forums.

I think it’s just a side effect of having quality IM systems that can have massive groups. I know the unofficial benediction Discord is super active compared to the forums. Doesn’t have that same feel, but it’s still a cross faction community.

Still, I’m with you on the desire to have the forums be more active.

1 Like

I approve this message.

1 Like

I was on dunemaul for BC / wotlk / cata

good times on that server for world pvp and BG’s

2 Likes

I agree, there are a lot of people active on this server and I’d like to see the community flourish! I’m gonna do a little introduction here, if you’d like to do the same feel free :slight_smile:

I started playing WoW back in 2007 just before BC dropped. I was on the server Spirestone. I was lvl 30 when BC came out, so I never had the true endgame Vanilla experience. I continued to play/raid through Wrath as a Holy Pally, after which I stopped playing partly due to RL events and partly due to the patch that killed Twinking…which brings me to my next point…

I love twinking in the level 19 bracket! I had a 19 Warrior, Priest, Pally, Lock, and Mage. I was in a twink guild on Spirestone called Revølution and we had a blast doing Warsong and arenas. I plan on making a couple twinks once Phase 3 is in sight to re-create some of that awesomeness.

3 Random facts:

1. My character name is from the book series Wheel of Time which is excellent and you should all give a read.
  2. I get more of a rush “saving” a dying ally than I do killing horde (although I still enjoy that too :stuck_out_tongue: )
  3. I turn 30 this year IRL

Nice to meet you all!

Love the name!

I took mine from the fact that Glitz and Glamour are not exactly what you would imagine a warlock being…also i like glitter.

I started WoW right before TBC, and have played off and on since, but really tapering off around Legion due to RL such as kids, marriage, etc. (Not in that order).

I played on Emerald Dream for most of my time on WoW…My character, Lulls’ persona was this extremely snobby Instagram-type and I’m pretty sure I was the most disliked-yet-recognized player on that realm for yearrrrrrrrs.

Once I hit 60 on this character, I’ll start streaming again. Mostly WPvP, which I’m terrible at. But I’ll be doing it for the laughs, nothing serious.

I look forward to meeting a lot of you! The server is really great and I anticipate it will end up one of the top Classic Realms.

1 Like

Whoo! Looking forward to battling side by side in WPvP :slight_smile:

Likewise! If a fight ever breaks out, /w me!

1 Like

Gotta start drama.

I am trying to get back into using the forums to recreate my full vanilla experience and make it as authentic as possible…which is why I try to not use the discord servers at least not yet.

I got my name from…spelling Israel wrong when I was 6 and was playing some pen and paper game with my siblings and friends. I’ve used it ever since because it’s never been taken from me when I start a new game. I have been playing WOW since the closed vanilla beta. I somehow got into the EU beta not the US one but I still played it with all the latency issues.

In vanilla I mained a Nightelf Hunter named Izriel I mainly tan around pugging MC, ZG, Ony and AQ20 because my RL Friends couldn’t get into raiding guilds because they were a little anti social. I was in a raiding guild and did all but CThun in AQ40 cleared trash in Naxx for loot lol.

I also had a few alts just to help raid or make money. I had a 60 warrior who I geared in tank gear and spent a buck getting full dark iron to tank my own Pug MC, ONY, and some BWL so i wouldnt raid lock my main. Also had a 60 paladin I would use to AOE pull instances to level up friends (became amazing once recruit a friend was released)

I never really quit playing but after Cata I never took endgame serious again and just played to make sure my characters were max level and then I’d take a break.

Currently going to play a Druid and hope to use him in raids as a Off tank amd DPS because who carea about everything being min max and optimal. I cant wait to see you all in game!

Three random facts about me:
1: Ive been with my wife since 2004 we started dating a month or so before Wow released. She’s never played but enjoys watching me…shes a weird bird.

2: I’m a network security engineer for the DoD.

C: My favorite icecream flavor is Mint chocolate chip…wait no rocky road…no min…both both is best.

1 Like

You old fart! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know right? And now that Classic has released it’s really messing up my 10pm bedtime :laughing:

I guess this is now the introduction thread.

Um, like my name is Terrible and like, I’m a warrior or something idk I like to tank I guess, I love it when the monsters spank me.

1 Like

So THATS why they call it tank and spank…

If you are the tank and getting spanked doesnt that mean you are facing the wrong way?..