Trust levels are absolutely ridiculous

I"m trying to have a discussion in another section of these forums and I can’t link websites at all. What is the purpose of this? I actively use the forums but I am prohibited in what I can and can’t contain in my posts?

22 Likes

put spaces between www . okokokok . com

???

wowhead.com can i link tho

haha OWND

4 Likes

Alternatively, you can put ` before and after the link without breaking it up. It won’t show a preview but you don’t have to break the link.

https://shadowrun.gamepedia.com/Exit,_Stage_Left

Some sites are whitelisted. For example, Wowhead and Youtube.

8 Likes

Not really sure what the logic is. I am not a veteran of many forums, so I assumed it was to combat something that was/is prevalent on other forums.

Got suspended once for a single day? Too bad, you are now the scum of the earth, the worst person on the entire planet, you are not allowed to post images and links ever on your life again.

Being serious, trust limitations to post links and images are ridiculous. At least they should allow people to regain trust 3 after being active for some time without receiving suspensions.

20 Likes

Wowhead is a trusted site so just about anyone can link from it.

Just surround your links with the ` (left of the 1 on most keyboards) character. They will post fine but won’t be clickable. People can easily highlight and open it in a new tab with a right-click.

2 Likes

Are you serious? Wow so a suspension of any kind takes away your privledge to all of that…not really fair if you ask me. I feel like the suspension is enough of a punishment.

5 Likes

Arent the bans limited to that character you used to post, or is i account wide?

I got banned a while ago for roleplaying a doomsayer. Cant remember what the topic was about.

I know trust levels are per character, along with other things like the Like quota. I’m not sure if that applies to bans though.

Not only this, but you actually have to maintain it otherwise it can be lost. I wouldn’t consider it worth it. Just do this. Get OBS recorder and upload images as videos.

3 Likes

This is true. I lost mine because I don’t read enough posts. I’d say it’s worth behaving for if you can maintain it naturally but otherwise I wouldn’t worry.

2 Likes

I cant say for sure exactly what the policy is or how they handle each case, but a forum suspension (at least the one where you can still see the forums, but you arent allowed to post for a certain timeframe) doesnt mean someone is disqualified forever and there have been rumors about a forgiveness system either in the future or already implemented.

Best way to maybe test it is to see what happens in the following 100 day cycle (from what I understand the forums and trust levels work on a 100 day cycle).

Of course, this is all theory except the part about temp suspensions not necessarily keeping one from TL3 forever. Been several reports of posters who got a short suspension who later got TL3.

1 Like

You have to rep grind these timegated forums.

In all seriousness, just put a ` before links.

Trust levels are a freaking joke; worst idea ever.

9 Likes

I’d like most if it was account-wide when achieved instead of character locked. That just gets you to stay on only one character since the others lack the fun powers. Especially since it can fade away over time if you neglect it. It’s a lot to earn it too so I think it’s fair if all of your others can have it.

The trust level system has issues, but I think it’s reasonably effective at curtailing spam links, inappropriate video embeds, etc.

1 Like

I dont agree. Ive seen videos posted here from youtube that would make people in MG trade chat giggle and the rest of the population very uncomfortable.

I’m never going to be trusted here and am proud of it. I’ve seen what passes for highly thought of by Blizzard and, honestly, they want a bunch of slobbering fans.

I am not a slobbering fan of ANYBODY. Let alone a game company.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad - I’ve been here forever and apparently I still can’t be trusted lol.

2 Likes

Thats honestly not what trust levels are about. Many people who are sometimes downright mean about blizz can get or have moved up to TL3. It depends on your delivery when you post and time.